• Advertisement

teenj12's Beautiful Imagery

TJ

Holy poop, that looks SOO cool! It looks like a professional photographer took that!

I hate to act like a photography nerd but I need to correct your statement.

"Professional" photographers are NOT under ANY circumstances the only type of photographers able to take a photo like that. Just because someone is a professional doesn't automatically mean they suddenly have more opportunities. That's like saying a professional musician can only play good music, an amateur can not. That is simply NOT true. You judge quality of a photo by good or bad, not professional or amateur. The definition of professional is someone who does something to make a living. NOT someone who takes good pictures because of their name. The definition of amateur is someone who does something for the sole purpose of entertainment. Someone can be really good at something, such as sports or PHOTOGRAPHY, and not earn a single penny. Yeah, it is true professionals are more noticed, obviously since they actually sell their work. But I am absolutely annoyed of people thinking every good picture is taken by a "professional". It is my 2nd biggest photography pet peeve behind people looking at good pictures and saying "Darn, I wish I had a camera the professionals use!". But THAT rant is for another time.

I hate to act like a photography nerd but I need to correct your statement.

"Professional" photographers are NOT under ANY circumstances the only type of photographers able to take a photo like that. Just because someone is a professional doesn't automatically mean they suddenly have more opportunities. That's like saying a professional musician can only play good music, an amateur can not. That is simply NOT true. You judge quality of a photo by good or bad, not professional or amateur. The definition of professional is someone who does something to make a living. NOT someone who takes good pictures because of their name. The definition of amateur is someone who does something for the sole purpose of entertainment. Someone can be really good at something, such as sports or PHOTOGRAPHY, and not earn a single penny. Yeah, it is true professionals are more noticed, obviously since they actually sell their work. But I am absolutely annoyed of people thinking every good picture is taken by a "professional". It is my 2nd biggest photography pet peeve behind people looking at good cameras and saying "Darn, I wish I had a camera the professionals use!". But THAT rant is for another time.

Well, you need to have some good photography skills to be a professional photographer and make a lot of money at the same time.

Well, you need to have some good photography skills to be a professional photographer and make a lot of money at the same time.

Yeah, but that is not my point.

My point is amateurs can take pictures as good or even better than a professional. Status has nothing to do with talent.