• Advertisement

DreamWorks: The Croods

Clappy

4fVCKy69zUY

So yeah. This will be the first DreamWorks film to be released under 20th Century Fox. For those who are unaware, this film is about the first family and their journey as the only place they've ever known (their cave) gets destroyed.

Got to admit, the animation looks really slick and they managed to snag Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, and Nicolas Cage (lulz) as their lead voice actors. Don't know if I'm going to see this yet, but the teaser did a good job at getting my interest.

Guest Long Timmy

This movie, in all honesty, looks pretty bad. I guess if there's nothing else to watch I can give it a try.

I really don't see why everyone thinks this is going to suck or bomb. Suck...perhaps. Bomb? Lolno. Fox and DreamWorks positioned this movie to succeed in my opinion. I mean there hasn't been a real animated movie on the market in months. I'm not counting Weinstein's Escape From Planet Earth because there was no effort in general to have that positioned to succeed. If anything, they should applaud themselves when this opens incredibly well because I have a feeling it will. Universal did the same thing with The Lorax last year and was in the same situation with no real animated kid's movie options in months. Guess what? That was a massive success

I really don't see why everyone thinks this is going to suck or bomb. Suck...perhaps. Bomb? Lolno. Fox and DreamWorks positioned this movie to succeed in my opinion. I mean there hasn't been a real animated movie on the market in months. I'm not counting Weinstein's Escape From Planet Earth because there was no effort in general to have that positioned to succeed. If anything, they should applaud themselves when this opens incredibly well because I have a feeling it will. Universal did the same thing with The Lorax last year and was in the same situation with no real animated kid's movie options in months. Guess what? That was a massive success

I like to use "suck" and "bomb" interchangeably. Just because this is the start of the animated movies of 2013 doesn't mean it's going to be a huge success (by that I mean not up for any awards, Oscar or otherwise, because The Lorax wasn't nominated for much [or any at all; I completely forget to be honest] despite being however much of a success it was).

I like to use "suck" and "bomb" interchangeably. Just because this is the start of the animated movies of 2013 doesn't mean it's going to be a huge success (by that I mean not up for any awards, Oscar or otherwise, because The Lorax wasn't nominated for much [or any at all; I completely forget to be honest] despite being however much of a success it was).

I was referring to financially, but yeah I don't think this is going to be Oscar material either. Although the involvement of Chris Sanders does give it some credibility like it did for How To Train Your Dragon and Lilo & Stitch.

When I first saw promos for this movie, I thought "meh, I dunno if I should see this or not," but decided to check it out the other day. It was pretty good. It gave me some good laughs & the scenery was beautiful.