• Advertisement

MTV Video Music Awards 2012

Clappy

Did anyone watch them? What did I miss? I heard that Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Nicki Minaj all took home major awards, so clearly I didn't miss anything too important or too impressive.

• Like 2

Ok so after watching a fair share of it and Wikipedia-ing the rest of the winners, I absolutely thought this year's edition was mediocre. I mean besides the obvious three winners pointed out, there wasn't really anything that stood out to me, which the MTV VMAs usually include moments that have everyone talking.

I mean Kevin Hart was not that memorable of a host, the presenters didn't really leave an impression (unless you want to include Rebel Wilson's weird bikini shirt, which I really want to forget), and outside of Frank Ocean and Green Day, no one really wowed me on stage (except for Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas during Alicia Keys new song).

Oh and that Twilight trailer did nothing for me...but then again, the series just doesn't do anything for me in general :P.

Oh and if you want to know who won...well here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_MTV_Video_Music_Awards#Main_show

Didn't bother to watch; pretty sure Pink was the highlight of the show, considering she's the only artist there that isn't screaming, "WANNA BE MEH SEX SLAVE?!" or "HAI, I'M LAYING HERE WIDE AWAKE" or "HEY, GIRL, DAT'S WUT MAKES U BEAUTYFULLLL!"

Oh, and she's the only artist there who can legitimately sing.

These VMAs were horrible in comparison in comparison to last years, not mention their ratings totally collapsed from 13.0 million to 6.2 million. Goes to show the absence of Adele and Gaga makes a HUUUUUGEEE difference. Whether you like either of them, you can't deny those two are the only ones who actually pull their weight, without relying on sex and auto-tune.

Didn't bother to watch; pretty sure Pink was the highlight of the show, considering she's the only artist there that isn't screaming, "WANNA BE MEH SEX SLAVE?!" or "HAI, I'M LAYING HERE WIDE AWAKE" or "HEY, GIRL, DAT'S WUT MAKES U BEAUTYFULLLL!"

Oh, and she's the only artist there who can legitimately sing.

These VMAs were horrible in comparison in comparison to last years, not mention their ratings totally collapsed from 13.0 million to 6.2 million. Goes to show the absence of Adele and Gaga makes a HUUUUUGEEE difference. Whether you like either of them, you can't deny those two are the only ones who actually pull their weight, without relying on sex and auto-tune.

I actually blame the lowered viewership due to the show having to be bumped for the NDC. What a poor scheduling decision for MTV.

Oh and I lol'd at you saying Gaga not relying on sex :P. You should listen to her interviews with Howard Stern and a couple other shock jocks where she admits to how horny she often is. Plus she does a good piano cover of Edge of Glory and Hair on Howard Stern.

I actually blame the lowered viewership due to the show having to be bumped for the NDC. What a poor scheduling decision for MTV.

Oh and I lol'd at you saying Gaga not relying on sex :P. You should listen to her interviews with Howard Stern and a couple other shock jocks where she admits to how horny she often is. Plus she does a good piano cover of Edge of Glory and Hair on Howard Stern.

Lady Gaga has a song with the lyric "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick".

The Fame was sex-heavy, and The Fame Monster had minimal sexual influence.

However, take a look at Born This Way... I can't think of a song on there that is sexually influenced (besides, of course, LGBT influences, but I don't think that counts as 'sex').