• Advertisement

The Giver

Shark Tale

Hey, I remember our teacher reading aloud last year in class, though I came to the school when it was a quarter of the way in. It's a book that is so different then others, with placing a bland world with people who don't feel pain or see color. The ending always interesting because you get to decide it for youself.:scratch:

Another book I read in 8th grade. I found myself getting very sunken into the novel's plot and wanting to found out what happens next, which is why I hated the ending. It just kind of leaves you hanging.

I read another novel recently called Brave New World which has a very similar theme to The Giver, except the world is more intricately explained and it deals with civilians voluntarily drugging themselves with "soma."

Another book I read in 8th grade. I found myself getting very sunken into the novel's plot and wanting to found out what happens next, which is why I hated the ending. It just kind of leaves you hanging.

I read another novel recently called Brave New World which has a very similar theme to The Giver, except the world is more intricately explained and it deals with civilians voluntarily drugging themselves with "soma."

Oh my GOD. I hated Brave New World! All they do is have sex and drug themselves up with soma, I did not get the point of that book at all.

Guest hilaryfan80

LOVE IT. I'm not kidding, it's a great book. I love its dark theme of a perfect utopia, where everything is twisted and hidden from everyone else in society except one person. My favorite part is the ending, where Jonas finds the family with the Christmas tree. It really does awaken one to what our society does: we try to conform to each other. One of the morals of this book is that we should express our individuality a lot more than society wants us to do, because if we don't, that "utopia" can happen one day.

I definitely recommend people reading this book.

Oh my GOD. I hated Brave New World! All they do is have sex and drug themselves up with soma, I did not get the point of that book at all.

The book is supposed to represent how society may end up. A world where media takes over.

I read a part of this in school today. It was pretty good, I'm considering reading the whole thing. But about 98% of the people in my class who have read it said they didn't like it. Only one person didn't, and they said it was okay. So that means I'm probably not going to read it.