• Advertisement

Disney Channel

NegiSpongie

Note: There may be spoilers.

Today's episode: Pissed & Off.

Today, I'm reviewing Austin & Ally in honor of yesterday being Laura Marano's birthday (I learned it by coincidence). The show was bad, and as with most Disney Channel shows, I liked to watch and bitch about them until I gave up on DC. I watched A&A until the penultimate ep (AKA the ep where they get famous after one month.) First problem. The plot. Disney Channel, a place that used to be original, is now nothing more than a bunch of music shows. I liked a few shows, but the rest were stupid. Austin & Ally is probably the most blatant example out of all of those. It's a rushed show about 4 teens who become famous. Wow, that sounds like 1D if they had one less person. It really isn't. It's worse. The setting is also nothing new. It's some urban teen hangout place, mainly a music shop where something has to fall every 10 seconds. *yawn* that's exhausting. Not to mention they have a teen summer atmosphere. Okay, now, the characters! Almost everyone sucks. Everyone except Ally seems to have something mentally wrong with them.

Austin: The protagonist. He's the one that sings as well as dances and stuff. Do I like him? ENN OH. All of his problems started in the pilot, when he steals Ally's song after barging into the store. Yes, I know it was accidental, and he admitted he was mean, but jeez, he got, if I remember, MILLIONS OF VIEWS IN TWO NIGHTS. Unless you are Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, etc., that never happens. That was also super forced. It didn't even have to be that way! In my fanfic about a band, they took time to do their things, and they didn't have more than a few fans, and people didn't hate it. Back on track, Many things Austin gets are undeserving. Even though he can play, like, every instrument ever, he never actually uses them. Instead he sings and does barely anything else. EVEN ALLY KNOWS HE GETS EVERYTHING HANDED TO HIM! Ugh. He has barely any positives because man, is he such a dick.

Trish: The worst person on this show. Just to say it early, she has NO redeeming qualities. She's basically Ally's so-called friend, and Austin's so-called manager. She's a dick, lazy, has an old running gag, and is un-loyal. Like Sofia in 5th and 6th grade (Yes Teddie, I wrote this and I'm not kidding!). I don't understand why they chose her aside from it being free. She's always on the opposing side, once again, like Sofia in 5th and 6th grade. Gosh, I want to put my hand through the screen and strangle her.

Ally: The (almost) only thing that actually made the show good. She is probably the only nice person. Yet guess what? She is the tortured one! This is one of DC's biggest flaws. The smart (Nice as well) are treated horribly. DC likes to think these people are weak, unpopular, have no life, and are boring. Umm... HELLO? That's a shitty stereotype! It's like they are saying, "Be smart and suck, or be dumb and be popular.". Too ad insult to injury, literally EVERY show they make nowadays have one. Anyway, people think of Ally using those adjectives I just mentioned. The shining example is the one where they advertise a soup place (Yeah, you read that right.). Ally is abused for basically 19 minutes because she just wanted her ROLE MODEL to have recognized Ally for her sweetness. Ally is like, "This commercial will rock. I put my life into thi- YOU HATE IT?" versus Austin's sound which is literally nothing more than him saying "soup" repetitively. He gets recognized for trying to save her (The ROLE MODEL) business. She's like Squidward to me. Their abuse is supposed to be funny, but does the opposite. Ally is also so pretty...

I also forgot to mention her flaw. She's shy. Her reason is because she got put under pressure during an audition and didn't want to repeat it. Okay, that made sense. But Austin's umbrellaphobia after umbrellas they ripped his pants off doesn't. So let's see... shy, smart, perfect abuse fodder!

Dez: Oh no, not another idiot. He's basically Austin's friend. He is just like him. At least they are actually FRIENDS, for starters. However, Dez, Austin, and Trish (AKA the bitches) seem to like fucking up the plot. But gee, Dez sure does too! I guess he is nice, but his stupidity overshadows it. This isn't the pre-movie stupidity that comes from Patrick. It's the post-movie stupidity. It's rarely funny. Take the blatant iPad ep. Dez is the main person ruining everything (and Austin). They don't seem to think that the "iPad" is worth the wait, so they don't care. Whoa, stop it. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU (and Austin) ARE DEAF? FUCK YOU!

Okay, I'm done with my character smack. Now more on the meat of the show. It's really pathetic. At least the episodes had SOME originality. Still, they were mehly executed. Either way, Austin gets famous. Yes, famous. The whole plot of the show... and it gets resolved 1 episode short of the finale. o.o. No. The chances of that are incredibly rare. And he doesn't seem to have any struggles! I'm not sure how long it took for Beiber to get famous, but he sure as hell had struggles. Austin wasn't raised by a single teen mother, and Austin didn't live his life in poverty. No, Austin is just given things. Way to go Disney, for butchering an already butchered thing!

Thanks for reading! (If you still are, I might've bored you to death) Come back again for more bitching!

I suggest making a separate thread (compared to me and Clappy's review threads, along with some other dead threads) to share your criticism, but this is fine.

I've been wondering which one to use. I'm probably going to keep it here since it's related to Disney Channel.

Hearing that name makes me shudder :S

Really Gravity Falls is the only good thing they have. The sitcoms are atrocities, and Phineas and Ferb and Fish Hooks are completely immature, imo. Sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings.

Sorry, but how is P&F immature? The only flaw I see with the show is repetitiveness.

The reason for bumping is thread is because I have something to share with the people.

It should be clear now that I'm now officially going to stop watching Disney Channel unless they have the few things popping up to bring me back to watching the network. (Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb in case you don't know me well)

I'm not going to bother ranting on some petty children's network, but considering their update on their programming with little reason given for branching down their animated programming, enjoy canned laughter ringing in your ears 24/7 in the meantime.

The reason for bumping is thread is because I have something to share with the people.

It should be clear now that I'm now officially going to stop watching Disney Channel unless they have the few things popping up to bring me back to watching the network. (Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb in case you don't know me well)

I'm not going to bother ranting on some petty children's network, but considering their update on their programming with little reason given for branching down their animated programming, enjoy canned laughter ringing in your ears 24/7 in the meantime.

Speak up. They can't hear you with all the money in their ears.

• Like 1