• Advertisement

Disney Channel

NegiSpongie

All I can say bout Disney Channel's current state...it just sucks. Especially the new schedule. The animated shows are almost never aired at all and they just air live action stuff. Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder are the saving grace for this channel, but then again, I'll now be watching them on XD (yes, I has Disney XD on DirecTV just so that I can't be jealous at those who have it). The live action shows are the same thing: almost every single show has to a female lead as well as that actress singing the theme song. Can you all name a theme song that is NOT sung by the main actress at all? Good luck on that. Anyway, DC is still not improving not even after they re-brand their logo and looks. Also, I don't get why they air these specific theme episodes (like, remember last year when they did Freaky Friday/switching their body last  April and the future episode last July) and from what I saw on Nick and more's DC July 2014 premiere highlight they're gonna do it yet again - this time, extraterrestrial theme (hope they make clever E.T. references in those episodes). To be honest, it have would been awesome if Nick and Cartoon done that (am I right people?). Overall, most of their shows suck except a handful. I'd rather watch Nick's bad cartoons than Disney Channel's teen sitcoms to be honest. Just my two cents.

All I can say bout Disney Channel's current state...it just sucks. Especially the new schedule. The animated shows are almost never aired at all and they just air live action stuff. Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder are the saving grace for this channel, but then again, I'll now be watching them on XD (yes, I has Disney XD on DirecTV just so that I can't be jealous at those who have it). The live action shows are the same thing: almost every single show has to a female lead as well as that actress singing the theme song. Can you all name a theme song that is NOT sung by the main actress at all? Good luck on that. Anyway, DC is still not improving not even after they re-brand their logo and looks. Also, I don't get why they air these specific theme episodes (like, remember last year when they did Freaky Friday/switching their body last  April and the future episode last July) and from what I saw on Nick and more's DC July 2014 premiere highlight they're gonna do it yet again - this time, extraterrestrial theme (hope they make clever E.T. references in those episodes). To be honest, it have would been awesome if Nick and Cartoon done that (am I right people?). Overall, most of their shows suck except a handful. I'd rather watch Nick's bad cartoons than Disney Channel's teen sitcoms to be honest. Just my two cents.

Hm? Cartoon Network had an alien theme string of episodes way way back. 2007, maybe? 08? It was back when they had that Friday block with those two hosts doing things. My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and another show I'm blanking on (Camp Lazlo, I think) all aired new episodes that featured what were believed to be aliens. There was a huge crater at the Cul da Sac in Ed Edd n' Eddy, Gilbert Gottfried voiced a platypus in My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Cheese went crazy on Foster's (he kept spouting gibberish and tried to get to the observatory, which, I think, looked like Mojo Jojo's lab), and I can't remember what happened in the other one. They had references in the episodes to the other shows, too, like Windsor reading a paper with the cover story being a crater at a Cul da Sac.

Disney Channel also had the shooting star thing a few years back (...I think; I swear I remember a Cory in the House episode with a shooting star). It's not a new thing, and I honestly didn't even know they were still doing stuff like that.

Disney Channel also had the shooting star thing a few years back (...I think; I swear I remember a Cory in the House episode with a shooting star).

Yeah, it was with Hannah Montana, Cory In The House, and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Hm? Cartoon Network had an alien theme string of episodes way way back. 2007, maybe? 08? It was back when they had that Friday block with those two hosts doing things. My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and another show I'm blanking on (Camp Lazlo, I think) all aired new episodes that featured what were believed to be aliens. There was a huge crater at the Cul da Sac in Ed Edd n' Eddy, Gilbert Gottfried voiced a platypus in My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Cheese went crazy on Foster's (he kept spouting gibberish and tried to get to the observatory, which, I think, looked like Mojo Jojo's lab), and I can't remember what happened in the other one. They had references in the episodes to the other shows, too, like Windsor reading a paper with the cover story being a crater at a Cul da Sac.

Disney Channel also had the shooting star thing a few years back (...I think; I swear I remember a Cory in the House episode with a shooting star). It's not a new thing, and I honestly didn't even know they were still doing stuff like that.

You're right, it was Camp Lazlo (and the episode in question was where aliens invaded camp wanting cheese; one segment was about Samson, the other about the Squirrel Scouts), but there was also an alien episode for Billy & Mandy. It was the finale to the arc where Billy & Mandy stopped the aliens from invading earth.

Wow, never thought I'd be reminded of Cartoon Network Invaded.

• Like 1

You're right, it was Camp Lazlo (and the episode in question was where aliens invaded camp wanting cheese; one segment was about Samson, the other about the Squirrel Scouts), but there was also an alien episode for Billy & Mandy. It was the finale to the arc where Billy & Mandy stopped the aliens from invading earth.

Wow, never thought I'd be reminded of Cartoon Network Invaded.

i have no recollection of either of those episodes, but I'll take your word for it because that sounds right.

I love Cartoon Network Invaded. I thought it was pretty clever and the segments tied together really well.

I'm disappointed that Disney is not airing Wander Over Yonder anymore. Since it's airing on Disney XD, a channel I don't have. I have to watch it online, which is not an easy thing to do for me. Will all the episodes eventually air on Disney, or has the channel completely gotten rid of it?

I love Cartoon Network Invaded. I thought it was pretty clever and the segments tied together really well.

I'm disappointed that Disney is not airing Wander Over Yonder anymore. Since it's airing on Disney XD, a channel I don't have. I have to watch it online, which is not an easy thing to do for me. Will all the episodes eventually air on Disney, or has the channel completely gotten rid of it?

Hopefully they'll air on Disney Channel. More people have that than XD. I'm sure in their minds switching those cartoons over to XD is providing incentive for people to sign up for XD (even though what they should've done was add all of their upcoming cartoons to XD and keep Wander and Gravity Falls on their regular channel, so they don't lose any viewers and people who want additional cartoons can sign up for XD), but in actuality people are just gonna torrent them and they'll lose viewers. Which is a shame. I think all the networks are falling short a lot, but Disney Channel seems to be the one that does it the most often even though it has the potential to be the best.