• Advertisement

After season 9...

Karen

From Nick's point of view, I wouldn't be surprised if they milked it like Fox is milking The Simpsons. There would definitely be public outcry if The Simpsons ended, just because they pretty much started a new genre (adult animation) and Spongebob is a show popular among everyone.

The show's been crawling out of the hole of badness it was in since Season 6. It's been continually getting better, and Season 8 has been great. I think Season 9 will be really awesome, maybe even at the levels of Season 1. Now that'd rock. I think it's cool that the show has sort of gone backwards in quality:

Season 4: Great

Season 5 Part 1: Good

S5 Part 2: Mediocre

Season 6: Terrible

Season 7 Part 1: Mediocre

S7 Part 2: Good

Season 8: Great

I doubt it was intentional, bit it's cool nonetheless.

• Like 1

The show's been crawling out of the hole of badness it was in since Season 6. It's been continually getting better, and Season 8 has been great. I think Season 9 will be really awesome, maybe even at the levels of Season 1. Now that'd rock. I think it's cool that the show has sort of gone backwards in quality:

Season 4: Great

Season 5 Part 1: Good

S5 Part 2: Mediocre

Season 6: Terrible

Season 7 Part 1: Mediocre

S7 Part 2: Good

Season 8: Great

I doubt it was intentional, bit it's cool nonetheless.

Yeah, if it can keep this up, I think it can reverse its ratings as well (which have been slowly declining recently).

Eh, that's a Nick problem in general. The channels reatings have been going downhill, to the point of Disney getting higher viewership.

Of course Nick pretty much relies on SB for a majority of its viewership. But because of season 6 and season 7 (early) and it's sheer blandness, I think more people started leaving, but now all of a sudden season 8 is bringing everyone back. But is Disney seriously getting more viewers than us?

The way I see it, there are two possibilities:

One, Nick's milking SB

or Two, Nicks milking SB.

As for whats to come, I'm very excited.

Also, just curious, I don't think it's true, but is it possible that some of the older writers have possible started returning?

I can see it in the quality of the episodes, jokes, humor, and such.....

I seriously doubt it's true.... but then again, I love Jay Lender, Kaz and all the pre movie writers....

One, Nick's milking SB

or Two, Nicks milking SB.

Yep, that's pretty much it. :P

Also, just curious, I don't think it's true, but is it possible that some of the older writers have possible started returning?

I can see it in the quality of the episodes, jokes, humor, and such.....

I seriously doubt it's true.... but then again, I love Jay Lender, Kaz and all the pre movie writers....

Mr. Lawrence returned in Season 7 after leaving in Season 2. Otherwise, no old writers have returned (that are still on the show). A lot of old Spongebob writers are on Phineas and Ferb, actually. Dan Povenmire, Kaz, Jay Lender, etc.

Nick isn't even beating Cartoon Network as bad as it once was. CN is actually catching up. Korra and Spongebob (and to a lesser extent, The Fairly Odd Parents, because they always get good ratings) are keeping Nickelodeon afloat for now, but if Nick continues down the path it's on, I don't think it'll take long for CN to usurp them and shove them down to third. :(

I think SpongeBob will last around 15 seasons, because it's the only way Nick is making money at the moment. Season 9 is going pretty good, and the ratings are getting better, so they'll do anything they can to bring in more money, even if it means making pointless episodes when they run out of ideas.