• Advertisement

The Seven Deadly Sins, SpongeBob-style

Wumbo

I was reading one of my Bathroom Readers (great books by the way, check 'em out) and came across a curious little article that shows the main characters of SpongeBob personifying the 7 Deadly Sins. Here they are:

Pride - Sandy Cheeks: She has a lot of pride in herself, her athletic abilities, and where she comes from. She gets angry at the slightest criticism of anything about her (e.g. Texas, Pressure, Squirrel Jokes).

Wrath - Squidward Tentacles: He has many feelings of hatred, mostly for SpongeBob, his job, and his life in general.

Gluttony - Gary the Snail: It is usually mentioned by SpongeBob that he has to "get home and feed Gary", or suffer the consequences, such as him eating part of the couch (can't think of the episode, Rock Bottom?) or even running away (Where's Gary?). He also ate SpongeBob's friend Chip in I Had an Accident.

Lust - SpongeBob SquarePants: He has excessive love for everyone around him, even those who don't love him back.

Envy - Sheldon Plankton: He has an intense jealousy of the Krusty Krab, and is always trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula to make his restaurant as good.

Sloth - Patrick Star: He won an award for doing absolutely nothing longer than anyone else, 'nuff said.

Greed - Wut Zit Tooya Mr. Krabs: He puts money before many things, even the ones he loves (e.g. selling SpongeBob to the Flying Dutchman in exchange for 62 cents).

Personally, I thought it was an interesting read. What say you?

I'd say that is actually incredibly interesting. I would never have thought that way about SpongeBob characters representing the seven deadly sins. Thanks for sharing Wumbo!

Btw, why is this in episode discussions? 428899.gif

*shakes fist in air* I was gonna make this thread!! xD lol

I heard this on the audio commentaries for "Plankton!" (season 1 DVD) where Tom Kenny comments that Hillenburg got inspired by the 7 deadly sins to create each character. I though this was really interesting, and loved the whole idea so I was planning on putting this into a drawing..which is when I was planning to make such topic so you guys could help me figure out which sin could represent each character, but what you just posted will help a lot in this future project 125508.gif

Except that I would switch Gary and Patrick's sins. To me Gary is more of a sloth and Patrick exceeds gluttony way more.

Except that I would switch Gary and Patrick's sins. To me Gary is more of a sloth and Patrick exceeds gluttony way more.
^ This.

I've never thought of SpongeBob this way. Very interesting.