How do you live?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How do youl live?

• on my own
    • with my parents
    • College dorm
    • homeless
    • Others (reply below)

Currently living with my dad and sister. Between supporting my mom when she was undergoing her cancer treatments, taking care of my grandma when her Alzheimer’s/dementia was getting real bad, watching out for my dad after his heart attacks and helping care for my sister who has Down’s syndrome, someone had to stick around. Especially with my other older siblings being off-island doing their own things. Not to mention the cost of living here in Hawaii. I’d never make it on my own without some help. And idk how I’d handle living with non-family roommates.

It’s a bit in flux right now, tbh. I definitely gave the living on my own thing a shot starting August of last year, and I was actually enjoying it, even if I still have problems keeping house on my own. However, financial issues have caused me to let my dad move in with me in March, which hasn’t always been great. I guess we’ll see how this new job works out and whether my dad can find somewhere else to live by July, since I am planning on moving closer to work and am hoping my gf can move in with me this time so we can start our life together. Eh, it is what it is.