• Advertisement

The Owl House

Steel Sponge

Shedding some more light on the forums with a thread for a recent Disney television animated series that hasn't been created until now. I haven't taken a look at this one yet, and aside from the facts that it peeved off a good number of Christian conservative snowflakes (of course it would though) and King being played by none other than Grunkle Stan/Soos/Bill Cipher/McGucket/Clamantha himself, Alex Hirsch, there isn't so much I've known about it, but it does intrigue me so. For sure, I'll catch this while I start catching up with DuckTales again.

I've finally watched the show and it gets my seal of approval. It definitely feels like a spiritual successor to Gravity Falls but with its own unique flair. Eda and King are my favorite characters, but of course a shoutout goes to how well developed Lumity as a couple is. Can't wait for 2B. 

kT2bJTA.gif

• Happy 1

One of the best shows of 2021. Absolutely incredible, emotional and fun. Characters are loveable, story arcs are kickass, animation is smooth and music slaps. Disney doesn't realize how good this show is

The Owl House officially ended and dare i say it lived up to the hype. The finale was one of the best things i have ever seen and it made me feel so much joy and pain.

Spoiler

Won't tell everything I love about the series but it makes me happy to see Luz's arc conclude in the most hurrah way possible. I really loved her victory against Belos. It was good that the core of the series remained same with Luz, Eda and King working together to stop the infection Belos has spreaded. Animation was just awesome and so fluid here, especially in fight sequences. Glad to see Collector being redeemed since they were still a child who got manipulated by adults and they realized they needed to grow up. I was relieved nothing bad happened to Raine and they are still alive together with Eda which warms my heart. I watched the finale twice and It made me cry so much the second time around. Luz staying in Boiling Isles to major in wild magic is the kind of ending I wanted for so along. We got some nice lore like Archivists and Titans dilemma, tease of Hooty's origin and so on. Titan Luz was just so epic and her design was really cool. That was one thing I did not expect from the finale and they did it well. Happy to see so many storylines being concluded nicely and our favorite characters getting satisfying ends (I'm championing Darius x Alador from now on).

I was overall satisfied with how this finale went down with its pacing, story, animation and humor. Dana and co. really took time to do everything all at once without feeling overstuffed. I'm gonna miss this show so much. Thank you for so many good memories.

• Happy 1
  • Hug 1