• Advertisement

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

WhoBibbles

The first musical number of the episode must have had shit ton of budget, kind of sad that they didn't use it as a joke like first musical numbers of season 1 and 2 premieres.

The season is off to a great start. There are couple of jokes that were eh but it was still humorous and I'm excited for Rebecca's path of revenge and she seems to be more aware of her problems, so it's a plus, except for that end oops.

And yes, Lets Generalize About Men was amazing. great commentary on blaming all straight men, while praising all gay men. Trust me, I'm not always so fun and nice...

No one thinking bis like Darryl? :( 

3 hours ago, Black Flash said:

The first musical number of the episode must have had shit ton of budget, kind of sad that they didn't use it as a joke like first musical numbers of season 1 and 2 premieres.

The season is off to a great start. There are couple of jokes that were eh but it was still humorous and I'm excited for Rebecca's path of revenge and she seems to be more aware of her problems, so it's a plus, except for that end oops.

And yes, Lets Generalize About Men was amazing. great commentary on blaming all straight men, while praising all gay men. Trust me, I'm not always so fun and nice...

No one thinking bis like Darryl? :( 

But you sassy? :P 

Rebecca didn't seem aware of anything actually. She was just conforming her words to whatever would win the group back over, especially with that "realization" she had after they shoo'ed away fake Josh. End confirms that she doesn't trust her girl group anymore and therefore she was just putting on a ploy of "understanding her problems". 

Let's Generalize About Men kind of just kept beating same joke over and over and "Where's Rebecca Bunch?" should've shifted over to just Rebecca in 2nd half because the villagers repeating lines over her serious metamorphosis didn't tonally mesh. 

Darryl and White Josh....show sped through that conflict way too fast. Darryl had no right to be forcing adoption on someone he's been dating less than a year. White Josh would've peace'd out but he seems to exist in series just to make Darryl non-lonely. Hopefully the show better commits to developing White Josh later in Season 3, because I hate to see him just being used like a propped up prize for the "catch" Darryl. 

10 minutes ago, I Am Jethro said:

But you sassy? :P 

Rebecca didn't seem aware of anything actually. She was just conforming her words to whatever would win the group back over, especially with that "realization" she had after they shoo'ed away fake Josh. End confirms that she doesn't trust her girl group anymore and therefore she was just putting on a ploy of "understanding her problems". 

Let's Generalize About Men kind of just kept beating same joke over and over and "Where's Rebecca Bunch?" should've shifted over to just Rebecca in 2nd half because the villagers repeating lines over her serious metamorphosis didn't tonally mesh. 

Darryl and White Josh....show sped through that conflict way too fast. Darryl had no right to be forcing adoption on someone he's been dating less than a year. White Josh would've peace'd out but he seems to exist in series just to make Darryl non-lonely. Hopefully the show better commits to developing White Josh later in Season 3, because I hate to see him just being used like a propped up prize for the "catch" Darryl. 

I meant like she reconsidered their opinion at the end but she still does her own planning.

I didn't mention exactly about Darryl and WhiJo relationship but I agree with you, I'm with WhiJo on it. Darryl did rush the whole thing and Darryl should have realized his own mistake but still WhiJo said he'll think about it, so we don't know if he chooses adoption yet. Hopefully not because WhiJo was right. Hopefully WhiJo will get an interesting arc in season 3. I love him so much that I don't want him to be just Darryl's boyfriend.

• Like 1

More like strip away another episode's chance to show all its song content first.

Seriously, have they devised this as a weekly thing they're doing that might help ratings? So many different sources keep chucking out song sneak peeks.

I wish they didn't spoil Nathaniel's song because that would have been so out of nowhere but I still laughed my ass off to the song.

Rebecca being the worst is always the highlight of this show. How she manipulated Paula, ignored Heather and spread lies about Josh (well Josh is no goodie either but still), that was so damn cold and they are slowly realizing how horrible Rebecca is as a person. This season is shaping up to be not only Rebecca's revenge on Josh, Rebecca dealing with more of her mistakes slapping in her face. I loved that they included Rebecca's young version as her anxiety, she was pretty funny and the astress nailed it. Sad that she had to leave Rebecca alone. It seems that the only person that Rebecca will have is Nathaniel until Rebecca will probably do something to make him leave her too.

Finally an episode that focuses on Heather as well. She's amazing but she needs to be focused more and I'm glad this is the start. Her song was amazing. Nathaniel was also great with him slowly accepting his emotions and feelings towards Rebecca. Good thing he didn't fire George this time.

Wonderfully crazy episode. The next episode is a bit too late with Halloween theme but whatever, bring on November horror. (smirk) 

• Like 2

Nathaniel's song was a great parody of Hotline Bling with some The Lonely Island vibes. Loved it. (And I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on the songs beforehand :P) Heather's song was so perfectly Heather. Gave me a good laugh.

I liked seeing young Rebecca again; she was great. 

"Oh my God I think I like her." Nice callback! And happy to see George not getting fired haha. He had a nice dynamic with Nathaniel this ep.

Really interested to see where things go from here now that Rebecca's friends know the truth about her.

• Like 2

Oh god, the new episode hit me so damn hard. It portrays anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts so damn well it's scary. Thank god the subplot and musical numbers were lighthearted on the surface because Rebecca's plot was pretty messed up. I gotta give credit for how caring Rebecca's mom is here. Granted she is still an ass and her drugging Rebecca without her permission is messed up but she doesn't wanna see her daughter commit suicide and she wants to make her feel so happy for once. The last scene with Rebecca with drug overdose and "hope" sign kind of made me teared up. The show is so damn good and another fantastic episode for a really strong season so far.

• Like 1

sooooo they finally diagnosed Rebecca and it's actually Borderline Personality Disorder and the show's portrayal of Rebecca's illness deserves praise. They explained it with some of season 1-3 flashbacks and it really makes sense how Rebecca has been behaving like this from the beginning. As the title said, Rebecca's realization of forgetting Josh was really something. Josh hearing what Rebecca said was both satisfying and kind of sad for Josh. People really hate Josh but I can relate to him for wanting to make everything about himself and wanting to have an attention. The show doesn't make his actions justified but it still wants us for feel bad for him. No character in this show is a saint, they have their own screw ups and the show highlights that. Especially for Valencia, I'm happy that they didn't forget her issues and her storyline was damn compelling. Her song is one of my favorite songs in the entire show. Also Nathaniel accepting his emotions and him maturing is always welcome. His backstory is quite sad and I'm glad he got a conclusion with his mom. Not with his dad yet but we'll get there. This season really feels like its gonna be the last season based on Rebecca moving on from Josh but lets see how this will play out. Next episode is a Paula centric episode and it's about time for her to get some realization of herself. This season is seriously on fire.

This episode was really well-done. I almost teared up, especially when Rebecca was getting emotional over her diagnosis. But I'm glad she's getting the help she needs and at least she has a support system of friends around her. Nathaniel talking to his mom about her suicide attempt was a touching moment as well, even though she didn't tell exactly what happened. 

• Like 1