• Advertisement

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

WhoBibbles

11 hours ago, HayBellsJinglin said:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will return in 2018 with more George, fresh new jobs, and a Nathaniel/White Josh duet. Just try not to have your ears bleed from Josh.

Magic Mike musical number with Nathaniel/White Josh? Dear lord, I have never thought I needed this until now.

• Like 1

Curious which version WhoBob has settled on preference wise, I think it was more fun with an active ensemble. Whatever, just don't think about it.

Ow, thorns!

Sweet Jesus s4 has to be different. (smirk) Cause if it's not.....I FUCKINGGG QUITTT.

The Battle of Blackmail. Highly mutual high fives.

watch this. It has a different ending. and it's much funnier too.

also the promo of the season finale

I don't know If CW will renew this show for a fourth season and this makes me worried because they have a ton of storylines to wrap up but judging by the trailer, all the secrets characters have been keeping will be revealed and shit is gonna go down. This season Rebecca has become more self aware and she's trying to fix everything, even though she did follow some of her old patterns, so I can't wait to see how this will end up. This season has been the best and I hope this isn't the end of the show yet. I want the best for all characters.

this song man

Such an amazing song and the ending of the season finale was damn strong. The episode itself...yeah, it was kind of rushed. I wish they'd go with the hitman on Mona to arrest Rebecca, instead of using Trent because yeah, Rebecca had to push Trent to save Nathaniel. It was also weird that Paula got away with her actions but not Rebecca, I hope they address that in season 4 If they decide to renew it. I feel indifferent to the whole WhiJo/Darryl storyline's conclusion but we'll see how it goes in season 4. There were still great things tho like I'm actually glad Rebecca held responsible for her actions. This season has been a great character development of Rebecca and I hope she'll get her happiness, now that she revealed her secrets to her loved ones. It was damn satisfying to see Nathaniel getting punched by Josh because he totally deserved it, despite me loving Nathaniel. Trent breaking his every bone again was very funny. I loved that they played "I'm a Good Person" in the credits. 

Overall, a rushed finale but it had a great ending to the best season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and god, I'm waiting for this show to be renewed for forth season. I wanna see a better future for Rebecca, Josh, Nathaniel etc.

• Like 1

Man, that finale...

First of all, Josh barely had anything to do in this episode. Yeah, he punched Nathaniel in the face, but I wish he had gotten a chance to confront Rebecca or have Rebecca apologize to him directly. Why wasn't there more of a big deal made about the fact that Nathaniel and Rebecca plotted to kill his grandpa (even though that was just a little throwaway joke)?

Speaking of characters with nothing to do, Valencia's role was reduced to recording things and one scene with Beth. I feel like she has been underused all season, which is a shame because I do see potential in her character.

Secondly, the Darryl and White Josh reunion felt rushed and a tad unearned, even though the moment was sweet. If we'd seen some more buildup beforehand that these two missed each other, maybe this moment would feel more earned.

Paula's song about birth was hilarious. I loved it. On the other hand, Nathaniel and Rebecca's song fell a bit flat for me. I wasn't that fond of it.

Lowkey sad that Nathaniel and Mona broke up, but it was clear that he wasn't totally into her. She seemed like a good character, though. And I really wanted Rebecca to be single next season and not be thinking about any romantic prospects. I'm not as keen on the idea of Nathaniel/Rebecca as I once was.

The worst part of this episode was the arrest. Shouldn't the knife have had Trent's DNA on it after he fell? Wouldn't Maya, Tim, and Jim have been witnesses to the fact that Trent was attempting to kill Nathaniel? Why didn't Rebecca think to screenshot Trent's Instagram stories...isn't she supposed to be a smart character when it comes to the law?  Why were her only options to plead guilty or plead not guilty by reason of insanity? I'm no lawyer, but there is a reason for Rebecca to say she did her actions in self-defense. If you still want to send Rebecca to jail, send her there for all the crimes she did admit to committing, not this.

The first half of this season was so good. I loved the way it showed Rebecca trying to cope with her mental illness and going to therapy. The second half just didn't have the same feel for me. I didn't hate the season but I wish the second half lived up to the first.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/riverdale-flash-supernatural-10-cw-renewals-1098997

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/crazy-ex-girlfriend-to-end-after-next-season/

Well, It's official that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has been renewed for 4th season but it's also their final season.

And I gotta say I'm both excited that we are getting a 4th season and we are having a conclusion. It's best to end the series on a high note, rather than dragging it out. Rachel Bloom did say they planned 4 seasons, so that's good enough for me. If season 4 ends up great, this will truly become one of my favorite shows ever. :plankton2:

"Yeah, so pleading guilty to a federal offense because you wanted to take responsibility for every sketchy thing you may have done in your whole entire life is… maybe not the best idea? Still, you have to admire Rebecca Bunch (Rachel Bloom) for wanting to deal with the repercussions of the very long string of decisions - good, bad and alarmingly questionable - that she’s made since she took flight from New York City and landed in West Covina three seasons ago. This year Rebecca is in some ways like a baby chick that’s about to tumble out of the nest and in other ways she’s that friend who is searching for enlightenment and kinda can’t stop yammering about it. As always, Rebecca’s actions have had unintended consequences for her West Covina friends -- Nathaniel feels betrayed by her, Josh is taken aback by her, and Darryl is parenting her baby. Paula, Heather and Valencia remain staunchly by Rebecca’s side but they are busy finding their own identities (as a law student, regional manager and kickass party planner, respectively.) Will everyone be content to stay in the nest with Rebecca? Or will they start to transcend the sunbaked, boba-strewn purgatory that is West Covina? The answer to these and other questions lies in this season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as themes of redemption, recovery, responsibility, rebirth, renewal and reality and other words that begin with “R” will bring our ultimate “R”, Rebecca, to the satisfying end of this chapter of her life. "

• Like 2