• Advertisement

Rocket Power

storytime7

I remember watching this when I was little, but that's it. I didn't remember much of anything. Rewatching the show now I can say that I love it. It's hard for me to find shows that have no cliche feel to me and this is one of them. There's no forced romances that I've seen so far, it's just kids having a fun time in California. Really I don't get the hate this show gets because people think the extreme sports thing is 90's. Like I understand it, but this show doesn't come off as having a "radical dude" type of vibe. It just feels so at home for me and I feel relaxed whenever it's on, especially when they mix for Californian ways with Hawaiian stuff. I guess Otto can come off as the same old jerk to his friends, but it's never gone so far that it irritates me.  

• Like 2

I feel meh about this. There are some fun aspects about this show but it can be annoying and mean-spirited at times. Characters are so bland and stories are mostly same. Plus that little girl, uggggggggggghhhhhh, she's one of the most annoying childs ever on TV.

Ok so I am slightly surprised by how many people around here are now suddenly making comments about how the show hasn't aged well or how they never liked it.  Key word slightly because Mr. Enter reviewed this and compared it to Sanjay and Craig blah blah blah....oh wait what did that scratched out sentence say?  Interesting hypothesis there.

Ok I'm not saying that ALL people think around here take his reviews seriously.  This isn't SBM and I know plenty of users on here have actual opinions and can make valid posts with actual reasoning to state your case.  But I would like to know what about the show hasn't aged well because even when I have asked that on XAT convos, I haven't seen any valid explanations besides the show is cheesy.  Yeah, it's 90s cheese.  So?  You can use that argument about plenty of cartoons from the 90s and that doesn't change here.  Characters are bland?  All of these characters evolved as the show progressed just like any other show.  I can see why some people would think they are stagnant due to their stereotypes, but if you look beyond the cliches that they come off as, each of them changed over the time to break free of being more than one note.  Extreme sports elements are outdated hence the show hasn't aged well?  Well I don't know about how everyone here has been affected by Rocket Power, but it helped get me plenty interested in sports.  I actually played street hockey, rode bikes more, spent more time outside because of Rocket Power's influence to actually get outside and have some fun.

I get that this wasn't the most noteworthy cartoon of 90s Nick.  It's hard to say that when Rugrats was the huge cash cow it was and Hey Arnold has heavily stood the test of time to become probably the most underrated Nicktoon Nickelodeon has and will ever do.  But Rocket Power is no where near as bad or as overrated as I've seen people say it is lately.  It's not a masterpiece, but I love Rocket Power and always will.

• Like 2

Ok so I am slightly surprised by how many people around here are now suddenly making comments about how the show hasn't aged well or how they never liked it. Key word slightly because Mr. Enter reviewed this and compared it to Sanjay and Craig blah blah blah....oh wait what did that scratched out sentence say? Interesting hypothesis there.

Ok I'm not saying that ALL people think around here take his reviews seriously. This isn't SBM and I know plenty of users on here have actual opinions and can make valid posts with actual reasoning to state your case. But I would like to know what about the show hasn't aged well because even when I have asked that on XAT convos, I haven't seen any valid explanations besides the show is cheesy. Yeah, it's 90s cheese. So? You can use that argument about plenty of cartoons from the 90s and that doesn't change here. Characters are bland? All of these characters evolved as the show progressed just like any other show. I can see why some people would think they are stagnant due to their stereotypes, but if you look beyond the cliches that they come off as, each of them changed over the time to break free of being more than one note. Extreme sports elements are outdated hence the show hasn't aged well? Well I don't know about how everyone here has been affected by Rocket Power, but it helped get me plenty interested in sports. I actually played street hockey, rode bikes more, spent more time outside because of Rocket Power's influence to actually get outside and have some fun.

I get that this wasn't the most noteworthy cartoon of 90s Nick. It's hard to say that when Rugrats was the huge cash cow it was and Hey Arnold has heavily stood the test of time to become probably the most underrated Nicktoon Nickelodeon has and will ever do. But Rocket Power is no where near as bad or as overrated as I've seen people say it is lately. It's not a masterpiece, but I love Rocket Power and always will.

Nah, I wasn't a fan of it even when I was a kid. I only watched it because I love cartoons and it was fun at times. Mr. Enter's review of it is garbage. Screw morals, Enter.

Ok so I am slightly surprised by how many people around here are now suddenly making comments about how the show hasn't aged well or how they never liked it.  Key word slightly because Mr. Enter reviewed this and compared it to Sanjay and Craig blah blah blah....oh wait what did that scratched out sentence say?  Interesting hypothesis there.

Ok I'm not saying that ALL people think around here take his reviews seriously.  This isn't SBM and I know plenty of users on here have actual opinions and can make valid posts with actual reasoning to state your case.  But I would like to know what about the show hasn't aged well because even when I have asked that on XAT convos, I haven't seen any valid explanations besides the show is cheesy.  Yeah, it's 90s cheese.  So?  You can use that argument about plenty of cartoons from the 90s and that doesn't change here.  Characters are bland?  All of these characters evolved as the show progressed just like any other show.  I can see why some people would think they are stagnant due to their stereotypes, but if you look beyond the cliches that they come off as, each of them changed over the time to break free of being more than one note.  Extreme sports elements are outdated hence the show hasn't aged well?  Well I don't know about how everyone here has been affected by Rocket Power, but it helped get me plenty interested in sports.  I actually played street hockey, rode bikes more, spent more time outside because of Rocket Power's influence to actually get outside and have some fun.

I get that this wasn't the most noteworthy cartoon of 90s Nick.  It's hard to say that when Rugrats was the huge cash cow it was and Hey Arnold has heavily stood the test of time to become probably the most underrated Nicktoon Nickelodeon has and will ever do.  But Rocket Power is no where near as bad or as overrated as I've seen people say it is lately.  It's not a masterpiece, but I love Rocket Power and always will.

I've seen people say that they've not liked Rocket Power multiple times in the past (outside of SBC, but still). I just always thought it was one of those not-as-popular classic Nick shows. I think the actual source of people saying they haven't liked the show all of a sudden is because of it being nominated in the Best Show Ever thread. Hey, to me it sounds more likely than it being talked about all of a sudden because of Mr. Enter, because not only is his review of it months old now, I haven't heard anyone actually talk about Mr. Enter on SBC in forever.

Also, trust me. This is just a phase. No one's going to give a damn about trashing Rocket Power a month from now.

• Like 1

I've seen people say that they've not liked Rocket Power multiple times in the past (outside of SBC, but still). I just always thought it was one of those not-as-popular classic Nick shows. I think the actual source of people saying they haven't liked the show all of a sudden is because of it being nominated in the Best Show Ever thread. Hey, to me it sounds more likely than it being talked about all of a sudden because of Mr. Enter, because not only is his review of it months old now, I haven't heard anyone actually talk about Mr. Enter on SBC in forever.

Also, trust me. This is just a phase. No one's going to give a damn about trashing Rocket Power a month from now.

Nah we had a discussion about it on the XAT the same night it was nominated on Best Show Ever as well as when Enter reviewed it.  Should have specified that since I still call the XAT a part of the forums since as much as people say it's not....it really is. :P

Nah we had a discussion about it on the XAT the same night it was nominated on Best Show Ever as well as when Enter reviewed it.  Should have specified that since I still call the XAT a part of the forums since as much as people say it's not....it really is. :P

So it's no mystery. Still, I will stand by one thing. Things are always subject to change. I mean, just look at all the positive feedback this show's gotten in this thread.

So it's no mystery. Still, I will stand by one thing. Things are always subject to change. I mean, just look at all the positive feedback this show's gotten in this thread.

Never said it was a mystery, but yeah I know about the positive feedback just as much as the surprising negative.

Never said it was a mystery, but yeah I know about the positive feedback just as much as the surprising negative.

I was referencing your hypothesis line that I initially misunderstood, and for the latter, it was just a reminder.

I have NEVER hated this show, and I don't think I ever will. Granted, there were a COUPLE of little things I didn't like. Lars always TORTURING Twister, and that bratty little girl what's her name, but those are the only two REAL examples I can think of. For the most part, "Rocket Power" GOT what the late 1990's, early 2000's was all about! And I'm glad they didn't drag the show on forever; they QUIT while they were ahead!