• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2016 Edition

Jjs Goodman

Demolition Doofus - Tis meh. It's a good idea for a black comedy story, just not well executed.

Big Sister Sam - Ha ha, I guess we can actually thank you-know-who for the rise in hate for this one. I could never stand it, Patrick's sister was a horrible character and it wasn't even remotely funny.

Cephalopod Lodge - Another super meh episode for me.

Yours, Mine, and Mine - Kill it with fire. I have no idea what they were thinking when they thought they could hold an episode that just revolves around Patrick being as unlikable as possible together.

20. Sponge-Cano!

WIU1fB3.jpg 

105 points. 7 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: 2 #5's - @Cha & @Grubby Grouper )

Squidward attempts to make a self-portrait when he is interrupted by a song that SpongeBob is singing about how he has an "attitude of gratitude." After Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop, he slips on some spilled paintbrushes, falls down the stairs and through the floor, breaks a plumage pipe, resulting in spewing water. When SpongeBob offers to help, Squidward denies that he needs help and tells SpongeBob not to help him ever again. He tightens the pipe so much that the water can't get through. Squidward then walks off grumpily as he's late for work. At the Krusty Krab, Squidward says "Pardon me!" to a purple fish while entering, then walks to the counter and tells SpongeBob to stop staring at him. He then says he doesn't have time to count them when a fish tries to buy a Krabby Patty for $3 with a huge pile of pennies, comments at a blue fish eating a Krabby Patty tapping his foot on the floor, gets mad with Nat Peterson for holding the door, thinks people are leaving "trash" on the table, insults a frail woman's clattering dentures, and a red fish's tall hat. He even scolds a blue fish for taking too long to eat and another for taking too long in the bathroom. When SpongeBob passes by still singing about his attitude of gratitude, Squidward scolds him to stop. SpongeBob asks whether he has an "attitude of gratitude," but Squidward says that he is the most miserable person in Bikini Bottom and doubts it can get worse. Immediately afterwards, a previously dormant volcano erupts. Everybody in the Krusty Krab evacuates because it is falling to pieces. Mr. Krabs sees no point in trying to run away and demands Squidward's and SpongeBob's life essence after the cash register is destroyed until someone points out the shelter.

In the shelter, the mayor is trying to calm everyone, but they won't stop worrying. When the mayor also thinks that Bikini Bottom is doomed, a mysterious dolphin warrior comes in and says that they must sacrifice the most miserable person. When Squidward goes towards the door, SpongeBob says that they must find the most miserable person, but Squidward mocks him. They then realize Squidward is the most miserable person, so they attempt to sacrifice him. Before they throw him in the volcano alive, SpongeBob offers to be thrown in because he made Squidward miserable. Squidward accidentally falls off a ledge and asks SpongeBob to help him. When SpongeBob reminds him of his promise, Squidward takes it back and SpongeBob saves him. Meanwhile, the pipe at Squidward's house has built up so much water that it sends the house flying, and it falls into the volcano. The dolphin then says that he was going to say that the most miserable person's HOUSE must be sacrificed, and the people are once again calmed; except for Squidward, who now has no roof to sleep under. SpongeBob then lets Squidward sleep under his pineapple.

Jjs: This one just barely touched my bottom 10 right at #11. While I don't find this one as bad as Trenchbillies (the worst of the Legends episodes to me), it's still pretty bad. No, the "Squidward Abuse" isn't what bugs me about this episode. My problem is this episode seems all over the place, and doesn't really know what direction it wants to go. You've got Squidward being angry, which causes a volcano to erupt (WTF?), the town going into panic, the town wanting Squidward sacrificed, toss in a song, and to top that all off, sprinkle the dolphin warrior stuff in (who was honestly pretty superfluous and could've been removed entirely to fix some of the pacing problems). The episode tries to be serious, but it fails because it's tonally all over the place, and feels like they had too many ideas going on at once. That could work if it was good, but obviously it isn't. It's just not fun to watch, and Squidward's anger just seemed really out of nowhere for a forced conflict, especially with the townsfolk being jerks to him for no reason. Also, man, that ending really pisses me off so much. They had a shot to redeem themselves with this mess of an episode with that touching SpongeBob/Squidward ending...and then go "lolnope, he didn't really mean what he said" at the last second. Just felt like a slap in the face. I could have left this off my list in hindsight, but the fact it's just such a mess gives me reason to put it on my list.

Fred: In retrospect to my previous list last year, I can't believe this missed my list. I can't believe I put The Main Drain of all episodes higher than this one. That one may be terrible but as time went by, I started hating this one more. This is the worst Legends of Bikini Bottom episode ever. See, I always took Squidward's character as a cynical who gets annoyed by the world, but in this episode, he goes too far with it. I also had an issue with the twist at the end when what he actually said was "to sacrifice the most miserable person's house". That doesn't make any sense at all. It's physically impossible to pick up someone's large house and throw it into a volcano. Unless you're the world's strongest man, I don't believe such a thing is possible. Another thing that bothers me is how Squidward lies about being ungrateful at the end. I always thought that this episode, of all episodes, would have Squidward have a change of heart at the end. I mean, SpongeBob almost sacrificed his life to save Squidward's. I'm pretty sure Squidward owes a debt to SpongeBob for saving his life at all. I just completely found the ending completely insulting and it made this episode skyrocket to #7 on my list.

19. The Splinter

sGwQkbr.jpg 

111 points. 8 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #1 - @Brady Corduroy )

The Krusty Krab opens at a seemingly average morning and SpongeBob is extremely happy. He gets the Krabby Patties ready and soon gets an order of two Krabby Patties plus an insult from Squidward, which is to no effect. His excitement eventually causes him to accidentally throw his spatula into the ceiling and when trying to get it out, he falls, nearly being injured by scissors and swords.

Upon landing, all is well but he trips on tartar sauce. His thumb drags across the wooden floor and rams into a small slab that breaks in half, giving him a splinter that immediately makes his thumb red and swollen. His weak arms keep him from getting it out and even biting it doesn't work. The customer that ordered earlier is turning impatient and the splinter keeps SpongeBob from holding the spatula needed to serve him. He decides to tie it on his nose and Squidward soon finds out about it. Squidward then convinces SpongeBob that he will get sent home by Mr. Krabs if he sees the splinter and flushes his hat and spatula down the toilet. SpongeBob begs Squidward not to get him sent home, but is unsuccessful. Squidward also hints that he'll tell Mr. Krabs about the splinter. After Squidward gets his full enjoyment about the situation, Mr. Krabs drives a customer away with his cheap behavior.

SpongeBob calls Patrick to get treated for it, who comes in a fake doctor's uniform to cure the splinter. Patrick's 'treatment' only ends up with the splinter further into SpongeBob's thumb, making it swell more and even infecting it. He then acts like as a fake doctor, saying that his 'shift' is over. SpongeBob soon runs into Mr. Krabs and Squidward, and tries to hide the the splinter from them. When he holds his thumb up, Squidward faints at the disgusting image. Mr. Krabs soon sees the splinter and takes it out easily, curing SpongeBob and causing confetti and an big eruption of pus from his thumb to impact Mr. Krabs, who holds up an umbrella to it. Squidward then discovers that he could get sent home early and still get paid by getting injured, called worker's compensation. Accordingly, he injures himself with the cash register harshly, only to find out that his shift had ended two minutes ago.

Jjs: I know, I know. You're all either going to say one of the following: "IT'S NOT THAT BAD" or "THANK GOD". I know people still hate this one, so it is what it is. To this day, I still can't really hate this episode. It's not really good mind you, but it's just meh for me. I don't know. At the end of the day, it's just innocent and harmless for me. It's not a very good plot, but I have to admire them for going all the way with such a premise. But I can see why people don't like the plot, and yeah, that splinter could turn people off. If this were to make the list, I would put it much lower at worst. I know Fa has more to say on this though.

Fa: I know the hate for this episode has died down a lot in recent years, but I still just can’t stand it to this day. Maybe it’s my sensitivity to gross humor, but this episode is practically unwatchable for me. Just like Slide Whistle Stooges, it feels like a 2 minute gag extended to fit an entire episode, which is never a good sign. The episode is literally just following SpongeBob’s thumb swelling bigger and bigger, finding different ways to expound upon the disgustingness of the situation… until Mr. Krabs just pulls it out like it was nothing, in the most anticlimactic of endings possible. For me there’s just too much that is unredeemable; The most lame of plots (I get SpongeBob can be weak, but come on now.); Being gross for the sake of being gross to the point of near puking; The umpteenth moment of Squid Abuse purely to escape SpongeBob/work (ugh); And really, no humor. There is absolutely nothing humorous about this episode to me and it’s disgusting to the point where it’s maximum overload. I understand why the hate for this has died down, but for me it’s never truly going to be anywhere below my top 5 least favorites simply because there’s nothing redeemable about this for me, at all.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 8

I gotta agree with Brady there with The Splinter. It's still really bad. However Squid abuse is the thing I don't agree since Squidward did it to himself at the end of the episode. 

Sponge-Cano, yeah this episode sucks. It should have been higher on my original list in 2014-15. I think Fred explained well why it sucks.

12 minutes ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

I gotta agree with Brady there with The Splinter. It's still really bad. However Squid abuse is the thing I don't agree since Squidward did it to himself at the end of the episode. 

I more or less meant that him getting hurt/hurting himself needlessly at the end was a bit harsh, but fair enough point since Squid Abuse is typically when it's with him and SB/Patrick.

Sponge-Cano - Yeah pretty bad, worst Legends episode along with Trenchbillies. 

"Sponge-Cano" isn't really all that bad. Wouldn't come close to a recommendation for its lack of suspense leading to potential destruction, being poorly paced, starting with a crappy song, being lame and shallow with its comedy, to then damage the whole point of Squidward's realization by having him say that he lied about learning gratefulness in the most insulting way possible... wait why don't I think this sucks? Uh... idk it didn't make my list alright. I already ripped on "The Splinter" last year and it got the same spot. (#11)

25. Pineapple Fever (#32)

24. Summer Job (#37)

21. Are You Happy Now? (#36)

16. Demolition Doofus (#23)

14. The Card (#42)

12. Rodeo Daze (#48)

11. The Splinter (#19)

9. Atlantis SquarePantis (#34)

3. Pet Sitter Pat (#25)

Sponge-cano should be somewhere like Yeti Krabs's spot.

The Splinter I've stated on before but it's lower than the previous two times and I know some MUCH more deserving episodes are finally ahead of it.

Okay, time for a big update.

42(1)/41 - The thing that bothers me about this episode is how oblivious Patrick acts in this episode. There's good Patrick stupid and then there's bad Patrick stupid. This is the latter. Oh and it topped The Cent of Money on my list.

42(2)/41. Yep, this episode sure existed. It was bad but not bad enough to put on my list. I do understand why people would hate it. A lot of this episode is SpongeBob and friends acting like idiots on television.

40. This episode was honestly too boring and forgettable to hate. Yes, being a boring episode can be a bad thing, but I don't think it was even worth making my countdown.

39(1)/38. Again, an episode I don't really have any animosity towards. I mostly forget about the weak Season 4 episodes, but don't get me wrong. It's the worst episode out of a solid season like Season 4.

39(2)/38. Prepare for the unpopular opinion of the day. I didn't really find this episode that bad. I mean, sure, the power goes to his head when he starts wearing the crown and he starts taking stuff from people, but I think it's far from the worst Patrick episode.

39(3)/38. Ah yes, the awkward transition from Sponge Out of Water to the Season 9b episodes. Yes, it was a disappointing episode, but at the same time, it's nothing too exciting or hate-able. Just like Jjs said, it's a nothing episode.

37(1). Here are my thoughts.

37(2). I always thought this episode was one of those episodes that SBC would find completely underrated. I don't hate it or like it, I'm just not a big fan of it.

37(3). Oh, boo hoo, Mr. Krabs! Plankton has a customer! Compared to The Krusty Krab which millions of people go to every day and enjoy it every day, I don't understand why Mr. Krabs would hate Plankton having customers. I also felt bad for Plankton at the end with Krabs laughing at him. I understand why people put this on their lists. The only thing I don't understand is why I left it off mine.

Also, I feel like I should point this out.

Spoiler

zgYLMUf.png

There's Nat in the Krusty Krab, enjoying a Krabby Patty. Give away the ending, much?

36. This episode is just depressing for me. Not just because of the suicide references such as Squidward putting his head through an oven, but it just completely lacks humor. Are we supposed to be laughing at Squidward's misery? News flash: I'm not laughing right now and I'm definitely far from happy now.

35. I think the title of the episode is the only thing that bothers me more than anything. That and the bait and switch they do with the plots. The episode was okay, I guess, but I would've gone with a less misleading title. In fact, they should've called it something like "Mermaid Sponge and Barnacle Brain". Now THAT makes more sense.

34. Well, this episode is no Truth or Square, but it's not a special that I would really watch again. Can't believe that Nick was actually hyping this boring special.

33(1)/32. This was 14 on my list. I did not like it nor did I consider it an "ehh" episode, it was completely annoying. It was boring, I found the "hot cocoa" part annoying, and the part where Squidward pulls his eyebrow out was painful to watch. Even more painful than The Splinter.

33(2)/32. The more I look into this episode, the more I forget why I placed it this high. I mean, it's not a perfect episode, but the more I started to watch it, the more I just found it boring. Why didn't I put Funny Pants on my list? This episode can't be as annoying as that episode.

31. I think of this episode as the most overhated Season 4 episode. It's not as insulting as The Thing and it's not as annoying as Funny Pants. 

30. Hello, #11. This episode is a good example of when a running gag gets too repetitive and it overstays its welcome. It's like a modern Fairly Oddparents writer hacked the script and put in a repetitive gag. It can't be as bad as their running gags today, but this is an episode that goes overboard with it.

29. Talk about a coincidence. Didn't make my list but it was pretty close and like KBBB, it annoyed me too. Unlike KBBB, this gave me more of a headache than annoyance, but it's a little bit of both.

28. #12 on my list. Atlantis SquarePantis may have been a special with wasted potential, but this episode was a bigger waste. Both the Patchy plot and the SpongeBob plot were pretty bad. I'll go in depth with both of them.

Patchy's plot:

Patchy is having a 10th anniversary of SpongeBob special when he doesn't show up. So he basically goes on yet another adventure to find SpongeBob. The long version features cameos and appearances from many celebrities such as the late Robin Williams, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, LeBron James, tons of celebrity appearances like that, but the episode doesn't go anywhere with that. The short version only features random people, Cee-Lo Green in the intro (if it counts), and P!nk singing a song about scurvy. Yeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't want to get a party started with her. Only part that I really found funny were the alternate intros of SpongeBob.

SpongeBob's plot:

It's at least more interesting than the Patchy plot, but it's still a letdown. This was the part I was really disappointed at. See, the parts they hyped up the most were the revelation of the Krabby Patty formula and Sandy and SpongeBob's wedding. The Krabby Patty part was nothing but filler of Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob walking through places and going back to The Krusty Krab. And of course, the formula was never revealed. There's also the wedding which turned out to be a play at the end. Also, I remember in the TV version, the special just ends there. They just stay stuck in the vent until God knows what happens next. This special is basically the definition of "disappointing".

27. Alas, I forgot this special existed too. SpongeBob's friends were completely mean to him. Squidward, I can basically understand since he gets annoyed by his antics, but I'm pretty sure that Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Sandy wouldn't call him "idiot boy". Also, I can't get over the disgusting face SpongeBob makes in this episode. It still bothers me to this day.

26. DANG IT DALE CLICK ON THE LINK ALREADY

25. Here comes Unpopular Opinion #2. I actually don't hate this episode much as the others. In fact, I do think it's too overhated. Are you guys all hating this episode over episodes like A Pal for Gary or One Coarse Meal? I'll take Patrick being oblivious over SpongeBob being oblivious to Gary being eaten by a monster which he is clearly looking at.

24(1)/23. Okay, I really have to rethink my lists before I send them. This did not make my list at all and it probably should've. Then again, I didn't send a Top 50, did I? I know that most people I know hate this episode because of Mrs. Puff saying "Why are you still alive?!" but it's not even that line that bothers me. In fact, there was another line in this episode that was pretty much worse.

"I guess we'll have to call you Mrs. Pop!" - SpongeBob

Wow, SpongeBob. I thought you said that you had a good nature in One Coarse Meal, but making a wisecrack at a person you crippled? No wonder why Mrs. Puff wanted you dead.

24(2)/23. Juuuuuuust made my list at #25. I am not embellishing this, but Sam Star is the worst one-time characters in SpongeBob history. She is nothing but a Hulk expy who does nothing but break SpongeBob and Squidward's houses. And we're supposed to feel sympathy for this character? That picture of Sam choking Patrick is enough reason to hate on her. I have no idea why Patrick would defend her sadistic sister.

22(1)/21. I'm actually surprised people did like this episode. I thought it was universally hated. The more you know. Anyways, this episode made #13 on my list. Conveniently, I put it over Pineapple Fever, another Season 6 episode I was annoyed by. I just didn't find it to be funny at all and the ending where Squidward gets kicked out again was a complete downer. Nothing much I have to say here.

22(2)/21. *sigh* Another episode that missed my list. Say what you want about "Rule of Dumb" and "Pet Sitter Pat", but THIS is a prime example of an episode that brings out the jerk in Patrick. If you ever want a first impression of Patrick, never watch this episode. This is one of the few episodes that make people hate Patrick today. He is so out of character in this episode and I don't like his last line of the episode.

"Haven't you learned anything about sharing?" - Patrick

Yes, you hypocrite. Haven't YOU learned anything?

20. Look above or click the link.

19. Okay, so maybe I don't hate this episode as much as I should. Maybe I should just accept that this episode exists. Maybe I should just agree with the people who like this episode so they don't jump on me for hating it.

But I'm not going to do that. My hate for this episode may have subsided a little. I decided that it wasn't really bad enough to put in my Bottom 10, but worry not. It came pretty close to making my list.

I think I'm all caught up now. Ready for the next one.

• Like 1

24. Even if Mrs. Puff dislikes SpongeBob's antics, she'd never swooped to this level before.

23. I hate this episode, but it's been a while since I last saw it, so I don't remember much from it.

22. This episode annoys me but not as much as most others.

21. Patrick's character in this episode makes my blood boil.

20. Another bad episode that I barely remember.

19. Even without the splinter, this episode would still suck.

Good news: 18/17 is the final tie on the list, so no more stinking ties for the rest of the list!

18 (1) / 17. Face Freeze!

iU59oy9.png?1 

115 points. 7 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #2 - @crushingmayhem )

SpongeBob and Patrick are eating lunch at the Krusty Krab. While eating, they start making ugly faces at each other. Mr. Krabs hears them laughing, and thinks it's the sound of his money being flushed down the toilet. He rushes out of his office to see them making faces at each other and tells them to stop. He then tells them a story about a man (Fred Rechid) who would not stop sticking his tongue out. One day, after sticking his tongue out for the four hundred and forty-fourth time, his face got frozen with his tongue out. Then, after it got frozen, it falls off. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified of this story and vow never to make faces again.

Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen trying hard not to make faces. However, they start smirking about their attempts at doing this and eventually start laughing so hard their faces start contorting. They then realize that nothing happened to their faces while doing this and that Mr. Krabs was lying. SpongeBob then suggests that they should really put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test and, while making a single continuous face. After they wake up however, both of their faces are frozen. As they go to many places in Bikini Bottom they scare everyone that sees them. Then at the Goo Lagoon, Sandy finds them, and says they need help. Later that night, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen in a tent back outside SpongeBob's house laughing at each other's faces, along with making a lot of noise. Squidward's eardrums eventually burst and he starts yelling at them to keep it down. SpongeBob then suggests to Patrick that they try sleeping through the night while holding a face. Patrick agrees and they start doing this, while giving Squidward some peace and quiet.

The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick wake up and realize their faces are frozen and both of them cannot move their faces. They start screaming and rush to Sandy's house for help. Sandy then starts giving them a face massage. However, this just makes their faces even more distorted and they droop down to their chins. SpongeBob goes to work at the Krusty Krab anyway, despite his frozen face. At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob causes a lot of ruckus as he tries to make Krabby Patties and keeps Mr. Krabs from looking at his face at the same time. However, Mr. Krabs eventually finds out about SpongeBob's face freeze problem because Patrick walks into the Krusty Krab with a contorted frozen face. An angry Mr. Krabs then makes a face and it freezes, followed by Squidward coming in and laughing at them. He laughs so much that his face freezes and the episode ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward having frozen faces.

Jjs: Honestly don't agree with this episode's placement whatsoever. I get people hate this one. But if it were to make the list, I wouldn't put it in the Bottom 20...or honestly anywhere on the list at all. I just don't think it's really that bad. I guess I have to accept this one is doomed to be hated, like The Splinter. For me, this episode fails to make me hate it. I can see why the faces would turn people off, but I don't think the rest is that offensive. The plot is a bit weak and yet another Hooky copy, but we have had worse premises for an episode (*coughnumber16cough*). Yeah, the ending is a bit on the lame end, but we've had worse endings to episodes (*coughDearVikingsRodeoDazecough*). I feel like a lot of bad things people find in this one can easily be found in other worse episodes. To each their own, I guess.

Metal Snake: This should not be on this list. Yeah, I’m being as blunt as possible. This should not be on this list. This is an alright episode. Three years later, and I still don’t get the hate. It’s not a super funny one and it has problems, like that terribly rushed ending and the episode being somewhat of a rip-off of Hooky as Clappy once pointed out. But the episode’s hate that mostly comes from the faces being disturbing and weird is what puzzles me. That’s the whole point. If the faces weren’t weird, the episode wouldn’t make sense. And at least some creativity went into designing them, like MoBros once pointed out (bite me again, it don’t bother me). But, as we all know, that’s just me.

18 (2) / 17. Boating Buddies

f14fNZI.jpg?1 

115 points. 9 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #2 - @4EverGreen )

SpongeBob is brushing Gary when he hears a strange noise. He goes outside to investigate, only to find out that it's Squidward breathing. Squidward then tells SpongeBob that he will pay him five dollars if he gives him peace and quiet for the rest of the day. However, Squidward already gave SpongeBob five dollars to leave him alone yesterday. He gets annoyed, so Squidward begins walking away. He then finds out that SpongeBob is following him, so he starts running and he jumps into his boat. However, he can't find the key and SpongeBob arrives at Squidward's boat. Squidward then becomes furious, only to find out that SpongeBob wanted to give him his keys. Squidward then drives away and literally drives through a stop sign. He then gets pulled over by a police man, telling him that he needs to go to boating school.

Then the scene changes to Squidward walking up to Mrs. Puff's Boating School and when he opens the door, he sees SpongeBob and then starts to cry. During class, Squidward is forced to sit next to SpongeBob. Then Mrs. Puff asks Squidward why he is enrolled in Boating School, so he tells everyone in the class while SpongeBob heavily breathes during this. Then Mrs. Puff tells SpongeBob to illustrate his side of the story, but SpongeBob just draws a picture with him and Squidward saying "SpongeBob And Squidward, Best Boating Buddies Forever" on the chalkboard. Later, it is lunchtime and Squidward tries to avoid SpongeBob. He then decides to eat in the bathroom, where he gets beat up. Then he arrives back in class with SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff tells him that he has to drive with SpongeBob for a test. So they get inside a boat and SpongeBob is the driver. However, he drives out of control and ends up in a research lab. There, he, Squidward, and Mrs. Puff shrink and get washed down the drain. SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff end up in a water fountain back at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, while Squidward ends up in the bathroom and gets beat up again.

Then the scene changes to everyone back in class. Mrs. Puff explains that everyone is going to do a test. But when SpongeBob tries to help him, Squidward snaps at him that they aren't "Boating Buddies" and he never wants help from him ever again. SpongeBob's feelings are hurt. However, Squidward can't do the test because he can't pick up the pencil, so he asks for SpongeBob's help; when the young sponge reminds him of what he said, Squidward denies it, only for his voice to be recorded by another student. Finally, when Squidward admits that he and SpongeBob are "Boating Buddies," SpongeBob cheers. But time runs out and Squidward asks Mrs. Puff what to do. She then says that he needs to come back the next week. Then Squidward finds out that SpongeBob also failed the test and he has to come back the next week too, and Squidward screams and the episode ends.

Jjs: I have no strong feelings one way or the other. If people hate this one, cool. If people love it, great. I myself just never really hated or liked this one. It's just a middle of the road Season 6 episode for me, and I probably wouldn't care if the episode flat out didn't exist, that's how little feelings I have toward it. That being said, in a rare twist, here's the big man himself 4EverGreen who wanted to give his commentary on why he hates this one so much.

4EverGreen: Horrible, horrible, horrible. If there was EVER an episode that EPITOMIZED Squidward being unfairly punished/tortured for no good reason, this would be the episode. Spongebob is off the rails out of character, as he's portrayed as a stalker, wanting Squidward's friendship (which is totally out of the line for a kids cartoon). Possibly, if Squidward was portrayed as MORE of an antagonist, this his constantly getting hurt would be more justified. But as it is, he is clearly the victim. Even Mrs. Puff, who knows more about Spongebob's antics than anyone else, doesn't really do anything to help Squidward out of his situation. When anyone thinks of an episode of "Spongebob Squarepants" that should not exist, they should definitely think of THIS episode! Enough said!

16. Waiting

T1eF4bI.jpg?1 

118 points. 10 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #4 - @Clappy )

SpongeBob and Gary are shopping at the Barg'N-Mart and SpongeBob sees a Kelpo cereal box that says there is a "free prize inside." SpongeBob then rushes home and eats the cereal, but sees that there is no toy inside the box. SpongeBob looks at the cereal box more closely and sees that it actually says "free prize offer inside" (the word "offer" is printed in very small text between "prize" and "inside") and that he must send in 99 box tops in order to get the prize. SpongeBob goes and buys even more boxes of cereal, and he and Gary begin going through it very quickly. When SpongeBob puts more cereal in Gary's food bowl, Gary suggests he send in the box tops before eating all the cereal. SpongeBob then puts all the box tops into an envelope and sends it. Now, SpongeBob must wait patiently for the toy to arrive. Patrick also comes nearby and waits with him. Patrick asks what they are waiting for, and SpongeBob explains that he is getting a free toy. The mailfish comes by and gives SpongeBob three envelopes but no toy. SpongeBob and Patrick must wait even longer now, much to their disappointment, and soon become hungry. Patrick suggests that he and SpongeBob go to the Krusty Krab for a Krabby Patty, but SpongeBob is afraid of the mailman coming with the toy while he's gone. So Patrick instead goes to the Krusty Krab by himself.

Sometime later, Sandy walks by and starts to ask SpongeBob if he wants to do karate with her, but SpongeBob grabs Sandy by the arm and slams her into the ground before telling her in a very rude tone that he is busy. After that, Gary shows SpongeBob his bowl because he is hungry, causing his owner to angrily shout his frustration that no one understands that he is busy waiting for the mailman. After calming down, Patrick comes back and SpongeBob lashes out at him for no reason. Patrick tells SpongeBob he missed his surprise birthday party at the Krusty Krab, so he had to bring back a present and some cake for him, making SpongeBob upset again. While trying to find the fork, Patrick accidentally eats SpongeBob's piece of cake, and the present, which SpongeBob is visibly excited about, turns out to be the fork that Patrick was trying to find earlier, which is now useless.

SpongeBob loses it and starts bawling about how he is wasting his whole life waiting for his toy, and how Patrick apparently hates him now because he is a "big jerk." Patrick says he doesn't hate him, but SpongeBob doesn't listen. The mailman arrives and asks for SpongeBob's signature. It takes a while after SpongeBob signs before he realizes that his toy has finally arrived! He and Patrick become so happy that they do a jig before falling over and dancing on the ground. Upon opening it, they call the toy beautiful before Patrick pushes the button on the toy and springs come out. SpongeBob thinks Patrick "ruined" the toy and is furious. Patrick tries to fix it, but makes it worse. Squidward comes home to see them rolling around crying. He tries to play his clarinet, but can't because of all the noise. He asks what is wrong with them. SpongeBob explains to Squidward how he sent in box tops, waited for the mailman, and then how Patrick broke the toy. Squidward snatches the toy, fixes it, then shows him that the toy's head, arms, and legs are supposed to spring off, and reattaches them. SpongeBob and Patrick then hug Squidward, asking if there is anything they could for him, and Squidward replies that they should move to another neighborhood.

Jjs: While I have no problem with this one making the list... this did not actually make my list this year. It's probably not even anywhere close to my Bottom 25 anymore. While it's still bad, I don't hate it as much as I used to. Maybe that's because there's little substance to this episode. Yeah, I guess I realized I can't really dislike an episode the crew wasn't trying on to begin with. If they aren't going to try, I shouldn't try to dignify its existence, so whatever. I still get all the hatred for it, and it does deserve to be on the list (but I'm not so sure on it being this high), I just don't really have the care to dignify this one anymore in favor of other ones worth talking about. 

Metal Snake: This is another episode that I used to think was okay...but found more wrong with every time I watched it after that. You only need to criticize the unimaginative premise of it so much (seriously...waiting outside a mailbox for a toy) before you realize that there’s also so much wrong with the execution of the already bad premise. Spongebob is unlikable and annoying the whole time, screaming and crying like a baby, the gags are lame (“SEND IN THE BOX TOPS BEFORE EATING ALL THE CEREAL?!” Yeah, I got that from MoBros, BITE ME), and the episode has no pay-off.  They get the toy, cry about it, and that’s it. Boo. Though as much as it ticks me off, at least it only wasted seven minutes of my life as opposed to eleven.

“I was waiting. Waiting for this pathetic excuse of an episode to be over.” -Wumbo 

You go, Wumbo.

• Like 6

Face Freeze is an episode that didn't make my list, however I'd still consider it the laziest episode of the show behind my #1. Can I say much about it? there's unfittingly disturbing faces? Is there any more substance than that? No? Well then... I've talked about Boating Buddies and Waiting (#15) last year so not much to say at all, really.

25. Pineapple Fever (#32)

24. Summer Job (#37)

21. Are You Happy Now? (#36)

16. Demolition Doofus (#23)

15. Waiting (#16)

14. The Card (#42)

12. Rodeo Daze (#48)

11. The Splinter (#19)

9. Atlantis SquarePantis (#34)

3. Pet Sitter Pat (#25)

*bites @Metal Snake *

Face Freeze - This one is meh to me. There are some good faces here but as well as bad faces as well. It was similar to Hooky and the ending suckd but this is not something I'm bothered by it.

Boating Buddies - Another eh episose to me. Yeah Squidward abuse was way too harsh but it did have some nice jokes, I'l give it that.

Waiting - I don't think it's that bad but it's still annoying af.

It's funny, because I wrote my commentary for Waiting first, but since it shows up later on the list, it creates a minor inconsistency where I say "bite me again" before I actually say "bite me". :P

Sponge-Cano: I once thought this was the "only good Legends episode" because it was the only one that had an interesting idea to me aside from the Main Drain, which I quickly realized after a rewatch was actually bad. But no, this episode, after a rewatch and spending some time looking more at it and considering the criticism of it, I now realize kind of sucks. Just like all the Legends episodes, it's poorly paced, lacks humor, and provides nothing special.

The Splinter: Meh...bleh. I want to just call this episode meh...but the writing of it is indeed bad. So I'll just call it blmeh.

Boating Buddies: I still don't feel strongly for this one either way at all. It doesn't really get on my nerves but it also doesn't really make me laugh. 

And here I was just thinking FF would be left off. I never learned. ?

I know Boating Buddies should bother me but it just has sort of a neutral effect on me, I can't say I really care for it and I definitely understand the hate, I just don't understand why I don't feel the same way. :P

Waiting made mine, yeah.

18(1)/17. I really don't hate this episode as much as other people do. However, the only thing that bothers me about this episode is the ending, or should I say, the lack of an ending. It only ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs getting the Face Freeze and...........that's it. It just ends there. I just feel as though it's an awkward way to end an episode. No resolution at all and they are still stuck with the Face Freeze. It also reminds me of how the Teen Titans Go episode "Ghostboy" ended with the Titans still stuck as ghosts. So yeah, I don't really hate it, but it's just the way that it ends is what bothers me.

18(2)/17. Eh, it should probably be lower on the list. Or is it higher? I don't get what you would call it. Anyways, I don't have any feelings about this episode here. SpongeBob only comes off as a creepy stalker in this episode and that face he makes only increases the creepy factor, but I have no strong feelings for this episode that much.

16. Okay, there is one thing I never got about my list. WHY DID I PUT GONE ON THERE WHEN THIS EPISODE IS WORSE?! Seriously, I think this is the worst 7 minute SpongeBob short I have ever seen. Most of them are meh or mediocre, but this episode is just awful. It's an episode about SpongeBob waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And........(snores). Oh yeah, I forgot. SpongeBob also acts like a jerk to his friends and mostly Patrick. He didn't even deserve it that time! Okay, let me pull up an example from a future episode on this list. You know how in Stuck in the Wringer where SpongeBob yells at Patrick and the townspeople chew him out for it? Saying that he deserved it? Well, SpongeBob deserved it more in this episode than that one. SpongeBob was only crippled in that episode, but SpongeBob yells at his friends for a stupid toy that only breaks down when you touch it. If this isn't SpongeBob at his most unlikable, then I don't want to know what is.

15. Little Yellow Book

BX9Zt6n.jpg?1 

119 points. 7 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #1 - @CyanideFishbone )

The episode starts off at the Krusty Krab, where the business is slow. As a result, Squidward decides to rest. Before he even gets a chance to start relaxing, a whole bunch of fish come. Squidward freaks out when he realizes SpongeBob isn't making Krabby Patties. Squidward then finds SpongeBob in a barrel. He screams at him, resulting in SpongeBob melting out of the barrel. SpongeBob makes the food and serves everybody while Squidward finds a book in the barrel. Then, SpongeBob grabs it and puts it in between the two frying baskets. 

Whenever Squidward tries to see the book, SpongeBob snatches the book from him, which happens twice. A few minutes later, SpongeBob takes a break and Squidward finds the book in the barrel again. Now that he finds out the book was a diary, Squidward reads SpongeBob's diary to everyone at the Krusty Krab. The first secret he reads is that SpongeBob clucks like a chicken whenever he sees plaid. Squidward sees Mr. Krabs wearing plaid, so he calls SpongeBob back. SpongeBob sees Mr. Krabs plaid so he clucks like a chicken, making Squidward and a fish laugh. The second secret is that SpongeBob named his spatula, "Fifi". This amuses everyone and when SpongeBob comes back asking what's going on, Patrick teases him about him naming his spatula Fifi. Embarrassed, SpongeBob nervously excuses himself to the kitchen.The last secret is that whenever he hears the Bikini Bottom Municipal Anthem, he dances around in his underwear.

Later, SpongeBob finds out Squidward has been reading his diary and gets embarrassed about Squidward reading his diary, crying saying "Squidward, how could you?" Then, he runs away from the Krusty Krab, and bumps into Mr. Krabs. Since Mr. Krabs is still wearing plaid, the second SpongeBob sees him, he acts like a chicken. Then he continues crying and runs into town. Mr. Krabs scolds at Squidward for reading SpongeBob's diary and demands that he apologize for what he did, but Squidward just scoffs at this saying that SpongeBob will get over it. Squidward then finds a newspaper that talks about "JERK READS DIARY! LOCAL FRY COOK DEVASTATED!" Squidward just laughs at the paper. Then he goes in a taxi but the taxi driver just drives away because Squidward is the jerk. Later on, he goes to his house, only to find out that his loan was taken away.

Now, when Squidward sleeps on a bench, a couple of police recognize him and lock him in the stocks. Then, Patrick throws tomatoes at him. Squidward then apologizes to SpongeBob and he learns that he only read SpongeBob's work diary, which got published. SpongeBob also tells him he never read his secret personal diary, which would be really embarrassing. A crowd comes to throw tomatoes at Squidward when SpongeBob tells them he forgave Squidward. Nat tells SpongeBob that Squidward is reading the secret personal diary. SpongeBob gets upset again and runs away. The episode ends with tomatoes being thrown at Squidward by the disgusted crowd, laughing as he reads SpongeBob's diary, saying, "I don't care! This is so worth it!"

Jjs: This didn't make my list, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. Other than Afro Krabs, nothing here was really that funny, and the townsfolk were probably at one of their worst appearances here. Squidward didn't annoy me as much others, but he was still pretty annoying in it, especially with how he learned nothing in the end, just like Sponge-Cano. The hypocrisy from Patrick and the townsfolk didn't help much either. Also, the ending was pretty bad. The SpongeBob abuse didn't bother me that much, but maybe that's because of how lame all of his secrets were. The Squidward abuse here was deserved, but my god did it start getting ridiculous when his house got repossessed. Really, this just commits the crime of having a good idea, and a sloppy execution...much like the next episode.

SOF: This made on my list, as I'll explain why I dislike it. It's not because of how was able Squidward to find SB's diary, which is actually WORK diary. I found his secrets to be terrible, and the costumers wanted to hear more from SB's diary? They hurt SB's feelings until EVERYONE happens to be hating Squidward for reading it EVEN after he asked them to join in the first place. Then slap on a montage of Squidward abuse for good measure, even though he never learns anything. Overall, it's just Squidward being a jerk and nobody cares about him even hurting SpongeBob up until the truth came out. What bugs me the most about this episode is that horrible ending, and it's just upsetting to watch.

WhoBob: This episode is probably the most discussed SpongeBob episode ever, right next to Gone. I don't actually hate this one but looking at back now, damn, it was such a messy episode. I'll say this tho, It did have a few decent gags. Afro-Krabs, "I had a brother once" and the chicken dance (even though that was pretty random) made me chuckle. Rest of gags didn't work well for me but that's not really the issue. what is the issue of this episode? Lets start with Squidward here. After this episode got premiered, everyone hated Squidward so much but to be honest, I don't even think this is the worst representation of Squidward ever. That title pretty much belongs to entire of WhoBob WhatPants or his "so called" missing SpongeBob moment in SpongeBob, You're Fired. But I still can't forgive him for what he did here. Well, it was a bit of SpongeBob's fault to bring his diary to work, he shouldn't have done that and actually it wasn't really out of character for Squidward to read the diary. We saw him doing a prank on SpongeBob but we'll talk about that later. He reads his diary to costumers and he managed to embarrass SpongeBob. He was a jerk here but it wasn't ooc until the ending. Here's what bothered me about the ending? Remember Fools in April when Squidward pranked on SpongeBob badly? That was actually a worse thing to do than reading his diary but here's how the same concept was done right in Fools in April. He felt bad for SpongeBob and he couldn't even apologize to him and that brought us really great gags and at the end, he managed to apologize to SpongeBob. In this episode, he didn't seem to feel bad at all. In fact, he later took SpongeBob's "actual" diary (that was a dumb twist as well) and read it without feeling bad. That ending made his character totally ooc in this episode and I couldn't tolerate him. Again, I still feel like some people exaggerated about Squidward in this episode and I've seen worse characterizations from Squidward and other characters but I can see why people are bothered by his actions in this episode. You know what bothered me more than Squidward tho? Bikini Bottomies, including Patrick. They were the worst aspect of this episode. Here, they listened Squidward sharing SpongeBob's secrets, yet they got mad at Squidward for reading. Not only that, they went too far with it, they took Squidward's house and they arrested Squidward just for reading SpongeBob's diary, yet they didn't seem to bother when Squidward reading the diary at first. Wow, that was not only exaggerated punishment, it was such an hypocrisy. Again, compared to Fools in April, SpongeBob's pranks were harmless but Squidward's prank was harmful, so their anger on Squidward was understandable and they didn't try to take his home nor arrest him. This episode was so poorly written in so many levels. Season 9 might be an improvement over last 4 seasons, depends on your view (I know I think it's a massive improvement) but still it this episode, along with 2 other infamous episodes I'm certain they will appear on the list, are some of the most badly-written SpongeBob episodes of all time and they really an't be ignored. Yeah, I didn't include this episode on this list because I think there are worse episodes but It's on my honorable mentions for sure.

14. The Clash of Triton

Sg4IiOi.jpg?1 

123 points. 9 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: 2 #4's - @More & @Katniss )

On King Neptune's 5,000th birthday, his wife, Queen Amphitrite calls the Krusty Krab and sets reservations to celebrate King Neptune's birthday there. Mr. Krabs sets up a crowd of watchers for some extra money after Shubie wanted to watch the royal family eat through the window, and SpongeBob cooks 5,000 Krabby Patties for King Neptune just as he arrives. However, King Neptune is overly depressed about his son, Triton, when SpongeBob mentions him. Neptune shows everyone a movie that he made about his sad separation with Triton, locking him in a cage in the Island in the Sky until he learns to become a proper god like his father. To ease King Neptune's pain, SpongeBob plans to go to the Island in the Sky and release Triton from his shrunken cage (according to Neptune, the cage only shrinks 7%). Unfortunately, the lock on the cage was impossible for SpongeBob to undo. So, he then asks Patrick, his best friend, to unlock it.

Luckily, Patrick was able to unlock the cage. Triton comes out and offers the two a "ride" after turning the cage into a car, which SpongeBob and Patrick accept. But Triton pulls over when they were halfway there and tells SpongeBob and Patrick he doesn't need them anymore, knocking them out of the car with one whip of his tail. He immediately goes to Bikini Bottom and destroys it to have revenge on his father for locking him up. Then SpongeBob and Patrick return to Bikini Bottom and see the destruction. They both realize that Triton was locked up for a reason. They sneak into the Krusty Krab using the secret entrance, which led to inside the grill. SpongeBob tells Patrick to be very quiet. Patrick agrees, but unfortunately throws the top of the grill backwards, making a loud clashing noise. The two peek from behind the cashier window and see that Triton has locked up Neptune and all the party goers in a cage. King Neptune apologizes to Triton and begs him to release everybody else and take him instead, but he ignores him. Then SpongeBob and Patrick unlock the cage staying hidden in the grill. Triton, in great dismay, says to his father that he was only kidding and tries to run... er... swim away. But an angry Neptune catches him by appearing in front of him. Triton tries to tell him that he didn't mean to lock him in a cage, but his father thought he has gone too far.

Neptune then saw what Triton did to Bikini Bottom and angrily asks him if he was responsible for it. Triton begs Neptune not to send him back to the cage. But Neptune, instead of punishing him, says that he just gave him the best 5,000th birthday present he has ever received. Triton learned to use his powers at long last, and that was what Neptune wanted all along. Both father and son hugged with everyone cheering for them. Then, with Amphitrite, they return home. As they leave, Neptune says this was all because of SpongeBob. But everybody hears what he said and begins to hate SpongeBob. The episode ends with SpongeBob and Patrick running for their lives as the citizens of Bikini Bottom form a mob and chase them.

Jjs: What a waste of time. They could've done so much more with this, and didn't. The plot makes no sense. I recall very little, if any, actual jokes from this. Triton himself is a boring character. Bad pacing, especially with the slow first half. This made my list at #8. My problem with this one is that it just could be so much more, and barely seems to touch the surface. The idea is honestly pretty good for Season 6, with seeing Neptune again, but he's pushed off to the side in favor of his boring son. The special just doesn't go anywhere. Say what you will about Truth or Square and Atlantis SquarePantis, but at least they tried to explore their concepts. This one, though? It's more like "First half: Exposition, Second half: SpongeBob and Patrick release Triton, he blasts the city a bit, and his father forgives him". Just a major letdown, with a weak plot, and little humor to back anything here up.

Metal Snake: My experience with this special was very similar to my experience with Whatever Happened to Spongebob?. I watched it, didn’t like it that much, but had a hard time explaining why exactly I didn’t like it that much at first...until I read about why exactly other people REALLY didn’t like it that much. The plot is horribly half-baked, lazily patched together, and weak. Neptune locked up Triton on an uncharted island for caring about mortals, so Spongebob and Patrick just go there and free him, then Triton gives them a ride and acts like their friend only to abandon them a scene later, then Triton torments Neptune in a cage just for him to eventually get broken out, but all is well because Triton terrorized Bikini Bottom.

...What a miserable waste of creativity.   

When you break it down, you realize that it’s much more than just a disappointment. It could’ve been very good, but instead of just leaving you feeling unsatisfied, it leaves you feeling unsatisfied and frustrated. And that’s not even mentioning the lack of any good, memorable humor. At least Truth or Square had some funny moments. This just gave me nothing.

• Like 4

15. Didn't make my list but doesn't really excuse this bad episode. Like, the first half of this episode was alright, but it gets worse in the second half when SpongeBob finds out that Squidward is reading his diary. Now let me set the record straight here. It's not Squidward that bothers me in this episode. SpongeBob doesn't bother me either. No, the worst character, or rather, characters in this episode were the Bikini Bottomites. This was one of their most stupidest moments in the entire series. Before the second half of the episode, they know that Squidward is reading SpongeBob's diary and laugh at his secrets and in the second half, they find out that that was SpongeBob's diary being written, even though THEY KNEW IT WAS SPONGEBOB'S DIARY FROM THE START! And now, they suddenly turn on Squidward for reading his diary and treat it as it's a crime. Okay, first off, why are you all treating this as a crime? All he did was read a diary. He didn't murder anyone or commit arson, he only did something minor. While I do think it's pretty immoral and an invasion of privacy to read someone else's diary, I don't think it should be a crime worth shunning someone over. Also, earth to Bikini Bottomites, you guys also read and laughed at the diary too! If diary reading is an actual crime in Bikini Bottom, then you guys are JUST AS GUILTY AS SQUIDWARD IS! This is definitely the Bikini Bottomites at their most hypocritical. Come to think of it, why did I put this episode under...

14. ....this one? Come to think of it, why did I put this episode on my list at #21? I really didn't do as well as I did with my list last year. This was more of a disappointment rather than a bad or insulting episode. Of course, the episode could've had potential, but it executed pretty badly. This special definitely didn't deserve the hype it got.

13. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom

SvWxyvs.png?1 

126 points. 8 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #2 - @MrTortellini00 )

The episode starts at the Krusty Krab, where Squidward is listening to Kelpy G's smooth jazz on the radio. The radio announces that there is a concert tonight, but the tickets are sold out. Squidward notices that he has tickets, so he could go to the concert, but Patrick swallows them. They use the phones for a chance to win more tickets, but they keep on losing. SpongeBob finally figures it out and they both can go backstage to meet Kelpy G. SpongeBob and Squidward go on a bus to go to Kelpy G's concert. When they get there, SpongeBob's immature behavior makes Squidward feel embarrassed, so Squidward tries to give SpongeBob the slip, by having him get lemonade in the long line, but he shows up and said there was a second lemonade stand. They both go to the concert together and Kelpy G comes down from a large clarinet and plays jazz.

Patrick comes along and said he wanted the nachos. Squidward gets angrier. Patrick eats Squidward's backstage pass, so SpongeBob compassionately gives Squidward his backstage pass, but Patrick eats his too. Patrick wants more nachos. He interrupts Kelpy G's performance, which makes him stop playing, and says what he wants to eat through the microphone and then when he sees his guards try to hurt him, he jumps off the stage and is then carried away by the fans. SpongeBob and Squidward sneak away, but the guards tell them to go back to their seats. When the two get there, they find that some other people took them. Squidward angrily yells at them, which makes Kelpy G stop playing again.

The guards kick them out. The duo manages to sneak backstage, but Kelpy G's manager tells them that they need to leave because they don't have any backstage passes. They both attempt to impress Kelpy G. Squidward begins to play the clarinet, while SpongeBob plays the ukulele. Kelpy G is impressed with SpongeBob's ukulele playing. The fans wait for Kelpy G to come and he does, but there is a partner with him, who happens to be SpongeBob. Squidward comes out on the stage to prove that he is better. However, the guards carry him out and the episode ends.

Jjs: Honestly shocked to see this one get a surge in dislike with how high it made, considering it didn't even make last year's list. I'm not sure how to feel about its position here. On one hand, I can see the hate for it, and I always found it to be a weaker Season 8 episode. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'd put it in this low in the Bottom 20. But this one isn't off the hook, because like I said, I always have found this to be a weaker Season 8 episode. I don't hate it, but it's still definitely on the "meh" side. The concept was interesting, but the execution is a lot to be desired. A lot of the gags were pretty hit or miss, with them mostly being miss for me. Patrick and SpongeBob are honestly probably the worst part of it, who are at some of their most annoying throughout (PATRICK EATS NACHOS LOL yeah, wasn't funny the first time it happened).

Trophy: This one was a bit...off in my positioning compared to other Squidward eps, below TV and Cephalopod Lodge which I'm thinking is a bit low, but seeing as I was certain with their spots....I can't see this being a top 2 hated episode. Enough on positioning, this episode is flat out awful, from Patrick getting there for FREAKIN NACHOS, to Kelpy G actually being wasted, to Squidward playing bad clarinet for sake of plot when in the past his music was tolerable, like in pre-movie and Hello Bikini Bottom....something not even 20 episodes afterwards....oh boy, the plot is so broken in here, it's hard to understand what happened here. I think this was the communication error and they had a TTG-esque deadline, not One Coarse Meal.

12. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy

DqbpXz1.png?1 

131 points. 12 out of 23 lists. (Highest Ranking: #2 - @More )

In the kitchen of the Krusty Krab, Plankton hides in one of the sesame seeds of a bun, attempting once again to steal the secret formula. SpongeBob takes the bun Plankton was hiding in, and made a Krabby Patty with it, which he delivers to Sandy. Sandy partly unzips her suit and slips the patty into it. Plankton jumps out of the sesame seed just before Sandy takes a bite. Then he faints because there is no water in Sandy's suit.

Later, Sandy returns to the Treedome. She goes into her bathroom, where she takes off her spacesuit and glass helmet (with unconscious Plankton inside). Then, she gets in the shower, turns it on, and literally rips off her fur pelt and bikini. Sandy is almost completely bald and pink, and is wearing a bra and panties in a shower. She picks up her fur coat, sniffs it, and hangs it on a hook. She resumes her shower, even though she is still wearing her bra and panties. Drops of water from the shower fall in her helmet, thereby reviving Plankton. Then Plankton notices Sandy's pelt, hanging on the hook. He takes the pelt, locks Sandy in her bathroom, and brings Sandy's pelt to the Chum Bucket. He motorizes the pelt and moves it to the Krusty Krab pretending to be Sandy. SpongeBob is happy to see "Sandy" again, but notices that "she's" not wearing her space suit and helmet. "Sandy" replies that he can breathe underwater now. SpongeBob believes "her," of course. Plankton asks SpongeBob for Krabby Patty tips or information. After some short tips from SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs walks in through the door at the corner of the kitchen and declares that he is literally leaving the formula out in plain sight by setting down on a table. Plankton cheers happily in Sandy's pelt, because stealing the formula is now much easier.

Meanwhile, Sandy finishes her shower. She wraps a towel around her body and walks over to dry her "stinky fur coat." However, her fur is gone. Finding herself locked in, she breaks down the door of the bathroom, fully aware that someone must have stolen it. She then flings the towel off herself, puts a coffee pot on her head in place of her helmet, and runs off to find the culprit, who's possibly wanting to sell her pelt on the Bikini Bottom black market. However, the Bikini Bottomites think she is naked, and make fun of her hairless pink skin, calling her a "hairless goat", a "nudist ferret," and a "naked chipmunk." Sandy makes a makeshift skirt out of seaweed to cover her "hind end," but it overheats, gets brittle and shatters when she warms her hairless body by a vent. At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is giving Plankton an irritating lesson where he has to put the bun on the exact spot, but he's always off by a random amount like "3.6 millimeters." He gives up, steals the formula, and tries to escape. The real Sandy enters the Krusty Krab and stops him in the nick of time. She then rolls up her fur pelt and puts Plankton in a jar of mustard. Unfortunately, the law catches up with her. When they announce they will take the "sicko" away, Sandy thinks that they are trying to arrest Plankton for stealing a Krabby Patty Secret Formula, but the police arrest Sandy for public nudity instead.

Jjs: What a lame and unfunny mess. If I wanted to watch an episode with Plankton impersonating someone, I'd watch Imitation Krabs. This imitation (haha) of it is just a giant mess. Sandy's subplot is very very very unnecessary, and doesn't amount to anything other than really not that funny and repetitive mean-spirited jokes. So many of the jokes here really miss, especially with the dragged out "TRY AGAIN" scene, which wasn't funny the first time it happened. This whole plot in general is just stupid (Plankton stealing only her fur, but not her suit???). I could go on, but I know More wants to tear this a new one. 

More: The episodes that I put on my list can fall under 4 basic categories. Being boring, being creatively confused, derailing characters, or worst of all, sending toxic messages. This made my list as high as it did for being a compilation of the worst of that, and I'm still glad that this atrocity's continuing to climb the list. And apparently the "Imitation Krabs" template was enough to warrant three other episodes this season. I'm not saying that can't work, I think you know I love "Married to Money," but... uh.. what's the joke? In Imitation Krabs the point was to show SpongeBob's loyalty to Mr Krabs, which confused him later and justified his ignorance, and was fun with it's fast-paced, unpredictable trials that he set up to torture Plankton. Here, Sandy's fur pelt is woefully unconvincing (as well as nightmare fuel), and any attempt to aggravate Plankton is some tedious action like washing lettuce or aligning a top bun. It's more of a test of the audience's intelligence than anything funny. Sandy's subplot doesn't do much either, with just about every "gag" being the town maliciously torturing her for the stupid, hypocritical reason of being "naked" up until some lackluster climax where she's arrested. You know, despite Plankton being in front of their eyes, being both naked himself, and the one who stole the pelt to begin with. 

And that's just from a literal standpoint, implicitly this is one of the few episodes I find offensive. Like, nobody will pay her any sort of attention unless it'll make her go into hiding and bring her down because of they think they're higher or something? Nobody recognizes her as anything more than an ugly outcast in a freak show? And that gets her arrested by biased police? This episode implies such strong racism that I'm surprised this isn't a poor parody of a police report, and it doesn't offer a persistent moral like in Zootopia that can allow it to be more than a controversy hive. SpongeBob, you're better than to go that low in this day and age.

/rant over

• Like 4

Kitchen never bothered me, never saw a purpose really, most annoying thing is the "ooooh try it again" gag, and the part where he clearly jumps out and Krabs does nothing about it.