• Advertisement

SBC Honest Trailers

Metal Snake

Episode 46: Undersea: Mysteries Incorporated

Written by: RarityStarFan (SOF)

Extra Gags and Revision by: Metal Snake

The following trailer is rated H for honest.

You may remember the creator who brought you The Noob Troop, a parody of mystery shows that was originally a Clapmaster show, and SBC Falls, an SBC-style parody of Gravity Falls that ended the mystery of a triangular trickster along with an era of SBCinema-esque shows. Now, he brings you the mystery parody to end all mystery parodies…

...a parody of one of the many, many iterations of the never before parodied Scooby-Doo starring the never before seen cast of Spongebob characters. May as well give you a step-by-step introduction to them, right?

Meet Spongebob, who takes on the surprisingly fitting role of the trap-obsessed Fred as the leader of the gang. You wouldn’t normally compare the two until you realize that Spongebob is obsessed with working in a grease trap. Meet his pet Gary, taking on the role of Scooby. He doesn’t say “Meow.” all the time, but only for the sake of originality.

“Gary can talk in this series, but I'm only doing it so his dialogue isn't "meow meow meow" all the time.”

Oh jjs, don’t you know that more of the same is better than being creative just for the sake of it? This is show business, not art school! Get the facts right, rick! What do you plan to do next? Give Spongebob his license? Change Patrick’s name to Rick?

While we’re on the subject, meet Patrick, who takes on the unsurprisingly fitting role of Shaggy. And finally, meet Squidward and Sandy, who seem to toggle between the roles of Daphne and Velma. I won’t ride Jjs’ ass for that, Sandy may look like the perfect fit for Velma initially, but Squidward also captures her cynical straight man side well...but then you remember that he’s ironically been the damsel in distress more often than Sandy has.

Come join the thrilling ride through spooky mysteries that aren’t scary at all, even as they avoid the tired jumpscare cliche and actually do throw interesting twists and turns your way. Because this show isn’t as predictable as an episode of Scooby-Doo. Too bad the same couldn’t be said for the fate of the reboot.

STARRING

SpongeBoy! Get a Clue as SpongeBob

Eat Zoinks! They’re delicious! As Patrick

College Wasn’t for Daphne as Squidward

Let Me Explain by Doing This… as Sandy

Grunkle Stan as Mr. Krabs

In

Undersea Mysteries Incorporated

Next trailer will be for...

Spoiler

Jackfish

• Like 5

Episode 47: Jackfish

Written by: JjstheKid

From the elastic canine who brought you Rusty's Raping Rampage, a show that made comedy out of rape, and SBC Theater 4000, the precursor to Jjs’ Riffing Theater, comes Jackfish, a show that makes comedy out of crimes against humanity and is only remembered for being the intentionally terrible precursor to nothing.   

It revolves around the edgy adventures of a (criminal) fish named Cody Salmon (haha geddit). Watch as Cody kills people for the lulz, hacks into a government network for the lulz, and other various heinous things for the lulz that you may also find on Jackass. Yeah, the show from MTV. Good ol' TMZ and MTV. The best shit comes from the best trash.  

If you're worried about this spin-off having too many characters, don't worry. Cody is the only character you need investment in. What about other side characters, you may ask? Psh, the few you do see aren't even important at all! Yup, that's right. In the very first episode, Jon and Phil, Cody's roommates are killed off! Don't worry though, he gets two new roommates with no names in the same episode, who get killed off in the season finale. But don't worry again, an actual recurring character named "Daryl" shows up in Season 2, and he actually doesn't die (!). He's basically just another criminal like Cody, but with a cooler name. Ah, criminals getting along. Warms the bottom of my heart almost as much as serial killers getting along. Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer would make the best of friends, I just know it!

If you're worried about this spin-off having a complex story (don't know why you would with what's known so far), also don't worry. It's basically a "what will Cody do for the lulz" of the week formula, resulting in him almost always fleeing from the police, but it doesn't get stale because the author finds creative ways each episode to show what a crazy, but badass, person (or fish, whatever) Cody is. You'll find his antics too lulzy to dislike him, even though he’s a monster. Because he’s the only monster you’ll ever need for the week! You may even feel bad for him when (SPOILER) he dies in the penultimate episode. Don't worry, as he is brought back to life (somehow) in the finale, reuniting with his bestie Daryl. What a way to go out. If you're worried the spin-off is too long to read, don't worry yet again. The episodes only take about ten seconds to read as it is. Short, sweet, and to the point.

If all that isn't enough to entice you, don't worry, as Elastic decided to throw in obscure and pretty trippy songs playing in a few episodes. Why? Who knows. That's our dog for ya. And that’s also our trailer for ya. You may be surprised that this trailer is somewhat longer than an average SBC Honest Trailers episode. I guess we’re compensating for the short length of Jackfish. And certainly not the short length of anything else, ha ha.

STARRING…

Johnny Knoxville as Cody Salmon

Dale Gribble as Daryl

Thing 1 as Roomie 1

Thing 2 as Roomie 2

IN

Jackfish

Spoiler

Paranoia

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 3

Episode 48: Paranoia

Written by: Renegade the Unicorn

From the creator that brought you the 4EverGreen wonder that is Power Rangers: Multiverse Force, and the recently-entrusted to a grey knight, one-episode wonder that was Cerebus the Aardvark, comes the most brand-new and unique wonder of all...a futuristic dystopia run by a mad artificial intelligence!

Wait...what do you mean that concept's already been trodden over and over again? Well, we already have this script here, so we might as well continue. *AHEM...* *Deep breath…*

Wait, what do you mean this lit’s not come out yet? Come on, we got by fine with our trailer for Warhammer, what’s going to be the problem with this? ...It’s showing that we’re getting desperate? Ha! The show’s almost over, folks! Why would we be getting desperate when the end is near?  

Welcome to Alpha Complex, an underground(?) society that has weathered the test of time for 214 years (and it has always been the year 214, apparently; to question this is treason) after the Big Whoops caused by those damn dirty Commies, touting their works of Groucho Marx and John Lennon...wait, whaaaaat? Yeah, so apparently history before the Big Whoops is not as we remember it, becoming some kind of hodgepodge of pop culture references and other such stuff. Imagine getting a history lesson from Family Guy and Robot Chicken.

But not to worry, Citizen! Your best friend and confidant, Friend Computer, is here to protect you by arranging society in a carefully constructed trust system of colors, ranging from the lowly and high-as-fuck Infrareds to the omnipotent Ultraviolets. And if this already didn’t sound enough like a video game, aiding in Friend Computer's never-ending mission against Commies, mutants, traitors, and Commie mutant traitors are teams of Troubleshooters, people who find trouble...and shoot it. Boy, would I love to have these people help me with my computer problems! Beats a useless help window!

Meet the Paranoid Six, a group of diverse Troubleshooters who get along great and work together to complete their missions! The team itself consists of Sam-R-ITN, whom I guess sees herself as this team's "savior", Toby-R-JNE-5, an "alternate universe" version of the same character from Power Rangers: Multiverse Force (talk about lazy), Rick-R-OLL, some hipster asshole obsessed with dead memes, Mil-R-TRY, the only sane one, Kimb-R-LEE, the typical airhead, and Mike-R-TCH, some poor schmuck with an unfortunate name!

Oh, who are we kidding? These guys are hopeless! You’d be better off with the Mane 6 from My Little Pony! The only thing these guys can do better than them is die! Over and over! ...Hey, actually, at least that’s one thing could put them on par with good video game characters.

STARRING

Jesus Christ as Sam-R-ITN

Ash Ketchum as Toby-R-JNE-5

Dead Meme as Rick-R-OLL

Genderbent R. Lee Ermey as Mil-R-TRY

The OG Pink Ranger as Kimb-R-LEE

Bart Simpson as Mikr-R-TCH

Stephen Hawking as Friend Computer

IN

Paranoia

Spoiler

The Dark Side of the Herd

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 3

Episode 49: The Dark Side of the Herd

From the member who brought, or at least advertised, you SBC’s first My Little Pony spin-off and The Dark Side of Pisces Moon, comes a brony story that you won’t come flocking to just because of herd mentality. It’s the Dark Side of the Herd, SBC’s first MLP lit...to actually be about SBCers being reviewers from That Guy with the Glasses.com in homage to their specials, Kickassia and Suburban Knights...specials that they admitted were terrible.

Yes, right off the bat, you can tell that this is an old story from 2011 that was meant to “cash in on the brony fad”. Not my words, the creators’. Not a typo, this show had two creators. Steel, the one who wrote everything, and SOF, the guy who suggested a few lines to put in here and there as he lounged around on the couch. Hey, that’s how some say great movies like Good Will Hunting were written!

Meet the SBCers, a cast of characters you’ll be surprised SOF didn’t write, as they show that they’re just as good as acting like TGWTG reviewers as they are at acting like themselves. Meet ACS, the villain of the story who is the most entertaining character for all the wrong reasons. It only makes sense, seeing that his real-life counterpart is entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

What is the plot of this show? It’s sadly difficult to summarize for the plot of a show that seems to be on ritalin, with line after line of boring exposition. Trust me, you know you’re reading dull exposition when the only part of it that sticks to you is about bagels. I guess the plot of it is that Steel calls up all these SBCers to come to BronyCon dressed as TGWTG reviewers in reference to the opening gags of the aforementioned TGWTG specials...except here, the joke has no place other than to be a reference. And then ACS steals the MAYBE PRACTICALLY REAL Elements of Harmony so that he can hypnotize bronies and flood SBC with spam. Oh yeah, and there are MLP references. That have no purpose other than to be references.

It’s easy to blame this show’s shortcomings and poor aging on the fact that it was trying to cash in on a fad that most people are glad ended, but I digress. A more grounded reading may help you see that its shortcomings are actually the fault of its ATTWL 3-style writing of the characters and the fact that it was trying to cash in on two fads that most of us are glad ended. TGWTG is sadly much more of an irrelevant joke nowadays than MLP.

STARRING

Man of Steel as Steel

Slifer the Executive Producer as SOF

SBCers as Channel Awesome reviewer try-outs

Where’s Your Tiara, Prince Nothing? as ACS

RarityStarFan as Rainbow Dash

IN

The Dark Side of the Herd

Spoiler

?

• Like 5

Episode 50: SBC Honest Trailers

From the member who brought you pony stories whether you liked them or not and has only ever made one honest attempt at a trailer for one of his stories, which was a precursor to a story that never got an actual trailer, comes a brand-new show that’s finally wrapping up after a long run of one year whether you like it or not. It’s SBC Honest Trailers, a show that is anything but honest, and gives you anything besides actual trailers!

Watch as the show kicks off by lying to you about giving you previews to shows that you’ve already read, as it also gives you previews to shows that you’ve not read. Despite that, not a single episode begins with “Coming soon.” after the intro. It’s always “From.”. Because we all know that our first priority is to know where what we’re watching is coming from. Who would’ve guessed that Jjs made Jjs’ Riffing Theater 3000 or that SOF wrote SOF’s Exciting Critic Corner? Actually, come to think of it, with how much stuff SOF copied…

Immerse yourself in Metal Snake’s unique style of humor that never grows stale, as he begins every episode by making a joke about what else the creator made and then making a joke about the joke he just made. Then watch as he does everything he can to lazily stretch an episode out to four or five laughably short paragraphs, by making cracks about any, even the most minor flaw of the show he’s covering, even if the flaw is something he’s made up. You know, because the show is titled, SBC Honest Trailers?

It only gets better when you learn more about Metal Snake’s unique style of managing the show, valuing quantity over quality by trying to get the episodes out as quickly as possible on a biweekly schedule, slowing that schedule down to just a weekly one, and then upping it back to two, followed by five episodes a week in celebration of the grand finale. Become fascinated by how he barely reads most of the shows he makes fun of, generally doing an “analysis” of the plot and characters of the show as a follow-up to the opening gag, and then joking about his twisted ideas on the show’s universe. Seriously MS, you’re analyzing and making theories about something you’ve barely experienced for yourself and researched? Who are you, Mat-Pat?

Oh, and would you look at that, I referenced something. I compared a person to a pop culture figure. I guess I helped out with the “STARRING” section that every episode ends with. Because pop culture references are automatically funny and especially appropriate in a show that has poked fun of Family Guy in the past. To be fair though, at least this show will be ending before it goes on for too long. Unlike with Robot Chicken, I don’t think any of us want to see a season premiere joking about this show’s cancellation…

STARRING

From Software as From

To Video and DVD as Coming Soon

Self-aware to Stop the Self-awareness as the opening gag

It’s Just a Theory! as the gags about the story and characters

Starlight Glimmer as Starring

Seth Green as Metal Snake

You as the reader I’m glad to have

IN

SBC Honest Trailers

Next trailer be for…

Spoiler

Episode 51

...What? There is no Episode 51, the show is over!

Mwa ha ha ha ha...it’s never over, not even after the fat lady sings…

Who are you?!

I’m the one who brought you here…

Brought me where?!

To Area 51...that’s what Episode 51 really is…

No, it can’t be!

Just look to the sky, Metal Snake…

It’s so dark…

That’s where we’re going...that’s where we’ll keep coming...

• Like 5