• Advertisement

The Visit Discussion (Another another M. Night Shyamalan film)

BoJack Horseman

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQnRjkuvaY

Sorry but no one can't get rid of this guy no matter how his movies will blow. I've never seen any of his movies (except the godawful Last Airbender) but i just found out about this movie, watched the trailer and it doesn't look half bad, it can be a decent horror movie but then again it'll probably end up being terrible and i wonder how bad reception this movie's going to get.

Thoughts on the trailer?

Oh hey. Isn't that ACS personality and Hollywood movie star Ed Oxenbould? Someone should go on SBM and let him know this looks silly but it's a step up over his last few films that were terrible.

Just because it's a step up over two of the worst five movies doesn't make this a return to form.  Saw this last night. The dark comedy was legitimately funny at times and at least M Night Shyamalan appears to be trying to return to the basics of film making, but this still wasn't a good movie.  It's watchable yes, which I would much rather have that than cringe like a good portion of M Night's library.  That doesn't excuse it for still being a bad movie.  He still has a twist that while not one of his worst, I still hated.  It still comes with M Night pretentiousness.  It still has clunky screenwriting.  It's still a freaking found footage directing headache.

Congrats Shyamalan.  You finally made a movie that is one step forward out of that downward pit of movie quality.  You still have a LONG way to go when it comes to making "good movies" again.

Just because it's a step up over two of the worst five movies doesn't make this a return to form.  Saw this last night.  The dark comedy was legitimately funny at times and at least M Night Shyamalan appears to be trying to return to the basics of film making, but this still wasn't a good movie.  It's watchable yes, which I would much rather have that than cringe like a good portion of M Night's library.  That doesn't excuse it for still being a bad movie.  He still has a twist that while not one of his worst, I still hated.  It still comes with M Night pretentiousness.  It still has clunky screenwriting.  It's still a freaking found footage directing headache.

Congrats Shyamalan.  You finally made a movie that is one step forward out of that downward pit of movie quality.  You still have a LONG way to go when it comes to making "good movies" again.

Well yeah just because it's a step up, that doesn't mean it's good and one movie doesn't exactly make M. Night's return in form but a lot people actually said it was a really good movie, not great but good. There's no way this episode is as good as The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable but I'm still giving it a shot, especially considering that I'm recently interested in horror movies and I like dark comedy.