• Advertisement

Writing

abisert

I used to write. I wrote probably hundreds of fictional 'shows' of my own imagination. Sadly, when I was about 13, my father threw all of them in the garbage because he was angry at me about something. It's cool now, I just write stories on my laptop instead of paper :P .

Hated writing as a kid, now I love it. I used to write reviews of TV shows all the time (though the vast majority of them looking back now were terrible xD), and nowadays, I write fanfics when I am bored.

I want to become a TV writer but only for cartoons.

this, but I'd be good with writing for any medium. Also add film to that.

I find writing to be really cool and kinda fantastic, not because it's a means of escapism, but more because of what that escapism allows. It's an opportunity to channel your experiences and the things you like into characters and entire worlds. A piece of paper is a blank slate where your imagination is the only limit, and it's incredibly fun, at least for me. I can personally find the literary value in anything, so a story about a bug on a farm holds water for me, because there's a story in that, and it could potentially go anywhere. Small scale stories about incredibly unimportant things, like a kid standing up to bullies at the park, or a man in a traffic jam, or huge-stakes stories where lives can be lost and entire cities go up in flames - when these things come out on paper, they all matter equally, if you're a skilled writer. The ability to be able to relate to millions while just channeling your experiences into something that ma start out similar, but can morph and change into something different astounds me every time I think about it, because that's just so wonderful.

So yeah, I'd like to write for TV and film to do all that.

• Like 2

this, but I'd be good with writing for any medium. Also add film to that.

I find writing to be really cool and kinda fantastic, not because it's a means of escapism, but more because of what that escapism allows. It's an opportunity to channel your experiences and the things you like into characters and entire worlds. A piece of paper is a blank slate where your imagination is the only limit, and it's incredibly fun, at least for me. I can personally find the literary value in anything, so a story about a bug on a farm holds water for me, because there's a story in that, and it could potentially go anywhere. Small scale stories about incredibly unimportant things, like a kid standing up to bullies at the park, or a man in a traffic jam, or huge-stakes stories where lives can be lost and entire cities go up in flames - when these things come out on paper, they all matter equally, if you're a skilled writer. The ability to be able to relate to millions while just channeling your experiences into something that ma start out similar, but can morph and change into something different astounds me every time I think about it, because that's just so wonderful.

So yeah, I'd like to write for TV and film to do all that.

Damn man makin' me cry on my birthday.

• Like 1

I find it difficult to write, even if I have good ideas or when it does come out it sounds pretty good. I guess it's because even as a little kid I had a lot of trouble expressing how I felt verbally. It's hard for me with my OCD because I'm afraid I'll offend someone by something I do even in general. But writing is such a different trip than drawing. While drawings or at least my drawings tends to be vague in its' meaning, writing gets to the point of the matter. It takes a heck more time than drawing, or for me. But it allows everyone to feel and look through a new perceptive on how the character and really how the author feels. I congratulate people who can write novels, it sounds like one of the hardest jobs out there. 

I was trying to write a short story based on a character I made for a play. I didn't get to far as the file got lost forever but I remember doing two paragraphs. I had also made many short stories while bored at school and didn't have my sketchbook on hand.