• Advertisement

What Thoughts Are Joyful To You

Clappy

The opposite of the haunting thread because that topic is becoming a bit of a downer since thoughts that haunt you are usually negative.

For me, it's definitely remembering my college years since that year and a half of me living away from home and the friends and people I met were pretty awesome.  Also all my vacations were pretty awesome and every summer when I'm at my lake house is just the best week or two of every year. 

As much as I get down on myself sometimes for feeling unloved and hopeless, I realize that it's a cognitive thing for me. Looking back in high school, I can think of at least five girls that probably liked me and I would have been happy to date, but I was too insecure about myself to go for it. Thankfully, I have gotten better with my confidence and I don't fear rejection like I used to. The thoughts still linger, but for shorter periods.

As much as I get down on myself sometimes for feeling unloved and hopeless, I realize that it's a cognitive thing for me. Looking back in high school, I can think of at least five girls that probably liked me and I would have been happy to date, but I was too insecure about myself to go for it. Thankfully, I have gotten better with my confidence and I don't fear rejection like I used to. The thoughts still linger, but for shorter periods.

Make those periods even shorter with alcohol.

Memories of getting to relax with good food and a good cartoon late nights. So basically almost every night. Memories of hiking with my school always come to mind. Without it, I would have never experienced my favorite physical activity. Going to see Tom Kenny and the others is another one. Basically any time for recreational matters.