• Advertisement

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Amphibia

The reactions from the premiere seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

Also, it looks like the basic plot of the movie has been spoiled....

Spoiler

The movie focuses on a young woman, Rey, as she becomes entwined with efforts — led by General Leia, no longer a princess — to locate a vanished Luke Skywalker and generally save the galaxy from evil combatants called the First Order.

Source- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/16/business/media/star-wars-the-force-awakens-premiere.html

Edited by Eggnog

46 minutes ago, Eggnog said:

The reactions from the premiere seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

Also, it looks like the basic plot of the movie has been spoiled....

Reveal hidden contents

The movie focuses on a young woman, Rey, as she becomes entwined with efforts — led by General Leia, no longer a princess — to locate a vanished Luke Skywalker and generally save the galaxy from evil combatants called the First Order.

Source- http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/16/business/media/star-wars-the-force-awakens-premiere.html

Overwhelmingly positive means episode 4-6 quality? (smirk) 

• Like 1

I don't expect this to be as good as A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back.  Those two movies are damn near untouchable amounts of good.  But hey all the positivity from the firs 1000 viewers has me hoping this is at least better than the prequels.

1 minute ago, Eggnog said:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/

It's at a 97% from 125 critics. Average rating is 8.4/10 Consensus:  Packed with action and populated by both familiar faces and fresh blood, The Force Awakens successfully recalls the series' former glory while injecting it with renewed energy.

Chris Stuckmann rated movie "A" as well :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

This will not only beat Jurassic World, but it'll probably beat Avatar. Every theater in town has 20 different showings of this movie, and they'll probably all be sold out by Friday. I've seen nothing like it in my lifetime.

Told yall :funny:

• Like 1

On December 16, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Jack Frost said:

This will not only beat Jurassic World, but it'll probably beat Avatar. Every theater in town has 20 different showings of this movie, and they'll probably all be sold out by Friday. I've seen nothing like it in my lifetime.

Only reason I'm skeptical is because the movie is going to be frontloaded as fuck.  The opening weekend record will go down no doubt.  But the reason Avatar got the record was because of how well it holder after the holiday season where numbers get inflated.  It had percentage drops weekend over weekend of at least 20-25%.  It had staying power.  

I would love to see Jurassic World be taken down and I am definitely more certain that it's going to happen now and I'll be banned from the XAT for a month but for it to beat Avatar, The Force Awakens will need to survive after the holiday season the way Avatar did and I'm not certain it will be able to do that with how front loaded ticket demand is.

10 minutes ago, Happy Festivus said:

I would love to see Jurassic World be taken down and I am definitely more certain that it's going to happen now and I'll be banned from the XAT for a month but for it to beat Avatar, The Force Awakens will need to survive after the holiday season the way Avatar did and I'm not certain it will be able to do that with how front loaded ticket demand is.

While ticket demand is pretty front loaded, TFW won't have a lot of big-budget competition in the coming months. I imagine that, like Avatar and Frozen, it'll stay in the Top 10 until March, and with a $200-$300 head start, it's not inconceivable that with enough people coming back to rewatch it and people who didn't give it a chance at first being drawn in by good reviews and good word-of-mouth. it would eventually surpass Avatar's domestic haul. It definitely has the best chance of any movie released in the past five years.

• Like 1