• Advertisement

Metal Snake's Top 10 Least Favorite and Favorite Pony Songs (COMPLETE!) and Animations (ALSO COMPLETE!)

Metal Snake

DISCLAIMER: This list is geared towards a specific target audience. It's made to appeal to all the lovers, all the haters, and all the people WHO DON'T GIVE A FUCK. If you are not one of those, this probably might likely not be your favorite flavor of ice cream.

EXPOSITION, EXPOSITION: Yeah, even with the "brony phase" of 2011 long over, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans are still making a lot of pony stuff. Fanfics, music videos, art, games, comics, and all sorts of shit. For going on three years now, there's been two types of ponyfanmade content that have really stuck out to me, music and animation. And now, after listening to hundreds of these songs and watching hundreds of these cartoons, I am happy to bring you two top ten lists for each. One for the ones that pissed me off to no end and were just not very good, and one for the ones that I absolutely adored and were nice. I'm going to do my Top 10 Least Favorite/Favorite Song list first, but first some rules that no one cares about.

-No remixes unless they add original lyrics to the song.

-No song made for any kind of ponyfanmade series (a song inspired by one is fine).

That's about it.

COMING SOON

A few seconds later...

COMING NOW

Least Favorite Songs

10. Love Me Cheerilee - WoodenToaster & The Living Tombstone

Favorite Quote: "It's not about homework! It's about one plus one is two!"

I actually don't mind the tune of this song, but the lyrics...meh. They just don't pull me into the song, and while I understand it's normal for a little boy to have a crush on his teacher, I still feel a bit awkward listening to things like this...

I don't want you to teach me
I just want to be with you

I don't want you to tell me
I just want to go on a date

I'm afraid to see you after school
I can't come to your office
and tell you that you're cool

...Yeah, this song isn't my flavor of tea.

Favorite Songs

10. Couldn't You Just Simply Die? - General Mumble

Favorite Quote: "Don't you know the client's always *shink* DEAD."

This song is a dark redux of the MLP song, "Art of the Dress", and a really good one. It's got a cool, creepy beat that sets a nice atmosphere of horror, and as a fan of dark stuff, I really like seeing Rarity killing ponies being tied in with what she loves to do most. What could be more beautiful than that... :)

Okay, what else besides that.

• Like 1

FLAME SHIELD UP: I don't like Brony music.

That's fine.

Least Favorite Songs

9. Steal Your Heart and Eat Your Muffins - SlyphStorm

Favorite Quote: "It's only a flesh wound, I'll be fine!" *at the picture of Rainbow Dash's decapitated head*

Well this song is...interesting to say the least. From what I understand, some dude sent a guy a bunch of pictures he liked and wanted him to sing about them. No joke. Like seriously, I get that this song is sort of a joke, but it's just...not really my sense of humor. While a few lines are humorous (Smores are not worth an achievement), the song's chorus (I'M GOING TO STEAL YOUR HEART AND EAT YOUR MUFFINS) stopped being funny to me after the first time I heard it, and the tune really starts to drone over me after a while. *sigh*

Favorite Songs

9. I Am Everfree - Freewave + Clavi

Favorite Quote: "What's a Rarity to a generous ripping?"

This song deserves more attention. It's a neat combination of rap and a jazzy beat with some clever lyrics to boot. Yeah, a few lines are a little silly (*points to my Favorite Quote*), but it's the enjoyable kind of silly. Also, I always get a kick out of that line "YOU WON BEST MESS UP OF ALL TIME". Ha.

Least Favorite Songs

8. I Am Octavia - EileMontyVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp93CoKICcQ

Favorite Quote: "I'll comb the crowd!"

I remember in the Top 10 Least Favorite Songs List I did a year ago, one of the songs I had on the list was Titanium. While the list was sort of a joke, I honestly was never a fan of the song, and I'm definitely not a fan of this parody of it. It just comes off to me as pretentious, even more pretentious than the original.

You hurt me now! But I won't cry! I am OCTAVIIIIIAAAAA!

Oh please. Octavia's too good for crying? Put a sock in it. ...Okay, maybe I'm being a bit harsh...or at least that's what I would've said if I hadn't watched the animated music video for this song.

Yes, long story short, this song is about Octavia whining all because her friend was busy and couldn't come to a concert. Octavia, put a sweat-drenched sock in it while you're at it.

Favorite Songs

8. Destabilize - PrinceWhateverer (Ft. Dreamchan & Scrambles)

Favorite Quote: "Set phasers to HHHHHUUUUUGGGGG!!!"

This song is about Sweetie Bot (a character from Friendship is Witchcraft, an MLP: FiM abridged series) having a nervous breakdown upon finding out that she's a robot, a theme that I can...strangely relate to. I've felt like something inhuman and soulless many times in my life, and the rocking metal beat mixed in with that theme really does it for me. The only thing I kind of don't like about this song is how it ends. Sweetie Bot screams "RRRRRAAAAAHHHHH! Set phasers to HHHHHUUUUUGGGGG!!!", we hear evil laughing in the background, and...that's it. Now, as lulzy as that is to me, what I don't understand is this...

It's referencing something she said when she was happy. There's no indication in the song she ever recovered from her mental breakdown, and it just ends on that note. ...Yeah. Song's still pretty good, though.

Least Favorite Songs

7. Equestrian National Anthem - DreamHuK

Favorite Quote: "Long live our empire!"

Fun fact, this is one of the first pony songs I ever listened to. Me three years ago, I listened to it fairly often and thought it was cool, but some time after that, it lost its appeal to me and I started to find it to be kind of corny and stupid. I also always cringe at the last stanza of it, mostly because of lines like these...

The parasprites are bad news, but we see right through them! We know they were abused!

With Faust our creator, we destroy the invader!

And see them become a...Cutie Mark Crusader.

Yuck. I still give a few props to this song however for nostalgia and introducing me to the tune of the Russian National Anthem. :3

Favorite Songs

7. (Tie) September - The Living Tombstone (Feat. MictheMicrophone and PinkieSkye)/Run, Shoot, Kill...and Cry - The Living Tombstone

Favorite Quote (September): "You see this button here? I'M GONNA PRESS IT!"

Favorite Quote (RSKC): "I am not a smart one, so I might go trigger happy with my guns!"

I'm not as big of a fan of The Living Tombstone as a lot of other pony music fans, but I do have two favorite songs of his that I love equally and find fun to compare and contrast. To contrast the two, September is a song that I've known about for almost two and a half years, is about a pony investigating a ruined area, has an enigmatic feel to it, and goes on for what feels like a long time. Run, Shoot, Kill...and Cry is a song I've only known about for a month or two, is about a pony trying to survive, has a "Stay alert!" feel to it, and doesn't go on for what feels like very long at all. To compare the two...well, they both take place in a post-apocalyptic world. That's something, right? Anyways, both of them are great at setting an atmosphere for the aforementioned world, and while I prefer the beat of RSKC, it has one glaring flaw...it only has eight lines of lyrics. That's...pretty short for a three-minute song, but whatevs, it rocks regardless.

Least Favorite Songs

6. Button's Mom - P1K (feat. HardCopy & ShadyVox)

Favorite Quote: "I'M A STALLION CAN'T YOU SEE?!"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *breaths in*...ha. This song is lol-ariously bad. Yes, it's a parody of "Stacy's Mom", and despite the original having such a simple premise, this parody manages to get things both hilariously and unsettlingly wrong. How? The singer's character is established to be "all grown up", and Button, the colt he's talking to, is established to be eight years old. Imagine if you were a little kid and a grown-up came into your room saying things like this to you...

Button can't you see, you're just not the colt for me!

We can play around in your gaming room.

And I know that you think it's just a fantasy.
But since your dad ain't home your mom could use a guy like me!

Honestly, I don't even feel the drive to critique this song in-depth. It speaks for itself, it speaks for itself LOUD.

Favorite Songs

6. Great to Be Different - Forest Rain (feat. Decibelle)

Favorite Quote: "Isn't it great to love just who you are?"

You can't go wrong when you mix inspirational lyrics with a tranquil melody. I can't recall a single time when this song hasn't put me in a good mood when I'm feeling down and struggling with self-worth. Heck, I can't recall a single time when it hasn't put me in a good mood period. Excellent. And yeah, all the "Favorite Quotes" for the Favorite Songs list from here on will all be ones I honestly find to be awesome rather than lulzy.

Least Favorite Songs

5. My Fluttershy - MandoPony

Favorite Quote: "Every day, she makes my heart go yay!"

Back in the days when I used to listen to MandoPony a lot, this was the one song of his I never liked. It's not facepalmingly bad to me, but mediocre. Trying to describe its flaws puts me in mind of WoodenToaster's "Beyond Her Garden". They're both very repetitive, have a tune that quickly grows tiring and drones over you, and just feel like they're...missing something. And while I never heard the original song this was inspired by, I'm sorry to say that I did not get a good impression of it from this.

Favorite Songs

5. The Moon Rises/Lullaby for a Princess - ponyphonic

Favorite Quote (TMR): "When all the world is wrapped in an eternal lullaby!"

Favorite Quote (LfaP): "Carry the peace and the coolness of night!"

Yep, again there's two songs. This time however, both of them correlate to each other. The Moon Rises is about Luna contemplating her plan to rebel against Celestia the night before she becomes Nightmare Moon, and Lullaby for a Princess is a sequel to the song where Celestia sings about the guilt she feels for leading Luna to the point where she had to be banished. I've always loved The Moon Rises for its chilling atmosphere and the goosebumps it gave me at that fateful line, "When all the world is wrapped in an eternal lullaby!", and while I was ambivalent about Lullaby for a Princess the first time listening to it, I REALLY got into it with time. The lyrics are creative, the melody is angelic, and I can even feel for Celestia. What else can I say except ponyphonic, you have talent.

Least Favorite Songs

4. Sweets and Sweets Galore - xmleaderx2006

Favorite Quote: "Oh Fluttershy, no need to be so coy!"

After quite a long string of parodies and inspired songs, it's time for an original song. Do I find it to be bad? Why would it be on this list if I didn't. This song is about a guy having a party thrown for him. It's not the worst idea for a song and I actually find the tune to be okay-ish, but just like with Love Me Cheerilee, the lyrics kill it. All they consist of is the guy talking to the ponies and describing sweets. No, I am not joking.

The pastries, pies, and cakes are striking the right chord!

I can't believe you did this all for me, you really shouldn't have my dear Pinkie!

Jelly beans, ice cream! Gonna make a smile beam!

I believe that's your cue, darling. Oh, right!

ALL OF THOSE FUNFANTASTIC SWEETS!

Why don't you mix cotton candy and popsicles while you're at it? Seriously, optimism is perfectly fine, but this song is beyond sugar-coated. Not my thing at all, I'll pass.

Favorite Songs

4. Kindness - AcoustiMandoBrony

Favorite Quote: "Your kindness won't betray me! I feel your heart and soul..."

Just like with Lullaby for a Princess, I was "Eh." about this song my first time hearing it, but after a while, it began to captivate me. The beat is beautifully composed, the imagery the lyrics provide is fantastic, and it fascinates me how even though I don't know exactly what this song is about, I can still understand it and relate to it if that makes any sense. I don't know why I ever preferred this song's spiritual predecessor "Loyalty" over this.

Least Favorite Songs

3. The Herd - Beatle Bronies

Favorite Quote: "BRONY IS EVERYPONY"

I don't mind commercials. I really don't. They can be creative, witty, and even almost as entertaining as watching an episode of a TV show. Now why am I talking about this? Because this song happens to be a commercial for the MLP: FiM show. And it is none of the things I listed. Believe it or not, I did like this song back in the day for trying to be trippy, but nowadays, I know better that trying to be trippy does not automatically mean trippy. Neither does mixing three different tunes together. To be trippy, this song would have to imagine something wacky, interesting, and new. And these lyrics...

TURN ON THE HUB RELAX AND WATCH SOME PONIES

WATCH THE SHOW BEGINNING TO END

SURRENDER TO THE HERD

...are none of those things I listed. Next.

Favorite Songs

3. Beyond Her Tomb - MictheMicrophone+Glaze+TheLivingTombstone

Favorite Quote: "They'll always have a piece of you you left in your garden!"

Remember back at 5. for Least Favorite Songs where I talked about the flaws of Beyond Her Garden? Well, guess what? This song is a redux of that song, improving all of those flaws and MORE. Instead of just having you listen to the same repetitive tune over and over, this song adds a clever and very well done rap that even tells a cool story. I love the subtle moral that it conveys that you should always do what you love and feel is right no matter how much you're hated for it. Also, the beat sounds better than ever. Mic, Tombstone, and even this song's original creator himself all did a great job turning a glaringly flawed song into this awesomeness.

Least Favorite Songs

2. My Name Is (Twilight Sparkle) - Yelling at Cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1d9upxRq9Q

Favorite Quote: "Fuck off! I have an excuse, I am random!"

...Wow. This song is...fascinatingly bad to me. It's the first song on this list where I just...don't know where to begin on the matter of criticizing it. I'll start though by saying that the tune is unappealing to my ears, repetitive, and hardly even syncs with the lyrics. The lyrics are even worse. All of the lyrics in the song save the chorus are just Twilight attempting to explain who she is. Or the guy who made this attempting to explain who he is. I can't follow, seriously. In one part of the song, there's this... 

I was once known as MC Twilight. I came to the realization that name wasn't right! So I scribbled out the name and started yelling at cats!

Then there's this...

For the record, I'm not black! No really I'm Caucasian!

This...

"Wait Twilight, aren't you a student as well?" Yes, I'm in the school of rap! The Elements of Harmony includes me and my friends.

This...

"A lot of people tell me Kyle, what were you thinking?"

...So he thinks he's TWO people? And if you think the majority of the lyrics being confusing exposition is the only problem, think again. They are also completely random and laughably stupid...

Chalk this song up with verses that offends thee!

Look what I made from a book that's a hook!

I saved the world by being a witch!

I'm not a filly form, I'm as straight as a line!

*takes deep breath and sighs* ...I'll give this song some credit though. At least it's interestingly bad. That takes effort.

2. Awoken - H8_Seed + WoodenToaster

This song is baller. It was intended to be a semi-sequel to the pretty cool song "Rainbow Factory" but ended up being so much more. I first listened to it back not long after I had started to hit a dark time of my life, and I absolutely loved it. Not just because everything in the lyrics was great and described exactly how I felt, but also because everything in the tune was a blast to listen to. It's too bad that H8_Seed gave up on making pony music, but hey, at least he helped leave one hell of a mark on the pony music world. :3

Least Favorite Songs

Favorite Quote: "Take the wings of royalty."

1. The Sun and the Moon - Catfood McFly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iYNos-ctA&list=PLQJO_fpbE345LtCcazDMZLRZqIzqYCBZR&index=108

You know, up until this point, I think the big redeeming factor for all the other songs I've criticized is that I've gotten at least a noticeable amount of enjoyment out of them. That should be a big clue to the reason why this song made the number one on my list. I hardly enjoy anything about it. Why? Because almost everything about it is a lifeless drag. It tries to describe Twilight becoming an alicorn (or a recoloring of Celestia if that picture in the song is to be trusted), and does it in the most mundane way possible. The vocals are droning. The beat is dull. The lyrics are drab. Why am I using all these synonyms for "boring"? Because this song is balogna. I feel nothing from it. I feel...nothingness.

Favorite Songs

1. Chant of Immortality - 4everfreebrony (ft. Chi-Chi)

Favorite Quote: "I can see, memory taken tolls. I'm not ready, ready to let them go."

To be honest, I myself am getting tired of saying "I can relate to this" as a way to laud a song. So instead, I'll say "I think anyone can relate to this" as a way to laud this song. Check out the chorus if you want to see where I'm coming from...

REMEMBERANCE! Part of every life!

Numerous regrets! The art of passing time!

Not one forgets spent nights of chasing days!

Eternal rest to witness being erased!

Moving on, I've got to say that this is one of the few songs I could ever describe myself as being fully immersed in every time I hear it. I just feel completely calm and relaxed every time I hear its soul-soothing melody and lyrics, as well as being drawn into an everlasting state of bliss and inner peace. My word, I don't even feel embarrassed saying such corny stuff, this song really is amazing.

Well, congrats 1. songs, you made the top of my list...for now. The Honorable Mentions are next, and after music comes CARTOONS! :D

Least Favorite Songs

Honorable Mentions

3. Clouds - Omnipony

This song is actually impressive considering the guy behind it was fourteen when he made it, but it just doesn't grab me. I've always preferred JackleApp's remix of I Love Everything.

2. Academy - BlackGryph0n & Baasik

Easily my least favorite BlackGryph0n & Baasik song, tune and lyrics are just "Eh." to me. These two have done so much better.

1. Go to Sleep - Aftermath

Ah, I finally found a remix that bores me just as much as that dubstep remix of This Day Aria. Maybe this song's purpose is to put me to sleep. If so, bravo.

Champion. Pinkie's Lie - WoodenToaster

PINKIE WUBBIDY WUBBIDY WELCOME TO SPRING. YOU'LL SEE. This song makes absolutely no sense. Why is Pinkie being welcomed to spring and what does she see? And do we have to hear this repeated over and over? I won't lie though, I do like to torture myself with this song just for the hell of it every now and then. :3

And of course, I won't forget the most honorable mention of all... ;)

Spoiler

Least Favorite Songs

Champion. Kidnap the Lauren Faust - Rev897

Favorite Quote: "Make her write an episode all in Comic Sans!"

That's right, there's a pony song I find to be worse than The Sun and the Moon. And here it is, my unholy nightmare. You know how almost everything about The Sun and the Moon bored me? Well just about everything in this song makes me cringe. It makes no sense, how the hell could an innocent parody of a song from The Nightmare Before Christmas be so bad?

Kidnap the Lauren Faust, make the bronies cry!

Lock her in her Foster's home, kiss old Bloo goodbye!

Ruin the fandom! Then our new friend Sombra here can make the fandom run with fear!

Make her sell her soul for sweets!

Crush the Powerpuffs!

We'll censor Derpy!

Oh right, because this song isn't innocent. It's GUILTY. Unanimous verdict. First of all, the time this came out. Not only had Lauren Faust already quit working on MLP: FiM months before this came out, why in God's name is Pinkie Pie (or Pinkamena, whatever) being advertised as an MLP villain?! If they were that desperate for a third villain, why didn't they use Sombra? They even mention him in the song. Second, who. the. hell. cares about half the shit they're going on about? Not only is Lauren Faust already gone, why would anyone be so concerned about there being an awful spin-off of Codename: Kids Next Door on TV, Derpy being censored (WHICH ALREADY HAPPENED), or Faust once working on a mediocre movie?! Finally, what makes this song so hard for me to listen to is not just it being so dated, but it being so...CHILDISH. Really, chocolate, cupcakes, ruined fandoms, bronies CRYING? Was this song made to appeal to six year-old girls? Well, it completely failed to appeal to me. That's why it's the reigning champion of my Top 10 Least Favorite Songs list.

Favorite Songs

Honorable Mentions

3. Taking Off - BlackGryph0n & Baasik

Yup, this is what I meant by BlackGryph0n & Baasik doing so much better. Really fun and uplifting song.

2. Luna's Lullaby, Celestia's Lament - Star Charmer

LALALU, LALALU. I don't care that this song's not as good as Lullaby for a Princess, it's still cool and gave me feels.

1. Those Who've Passed Away - SlyphStorm

Not my favorite SlyphStorm song, but definitely well-done and has a good message.

Champion. Long Way From Equestria - MandoPony

LET'S MAKE LOVE. Ha ha, I'm so immature. This song is a bit corny, but pretty good for what it tried to do. It also has a lot of nostalgia value for me. Looking back at the pony songs I listened to back then and comparing them to the ones I listen to now...

Of course, I knew you wouldn't forget...

Spoiler

Favorite Songs

Champion. Spirits - SlyphStorm (ft. Decibelle)

Favorite Quote: "AS LONG AS THE SPIRITS GUUUUUIIIIIDDDDDEEEEE OUR WAY!"

Once again, that is right. This is the song that I actually like better than Chant of Immortality. While Chant of Immortality did a great job at captivating me, this song did a great job at captivating me and blowing me away. Like CoI, it also has a subtle Everyman theme, being about two ponies who are lost in a post-apocalyptic world and need something to guide them to safety (I think you know where I'm getting at...) The beat is stellar, and I love how it gives a dark, foreboding feel in the regular parts of the song, and then an upbeat, hopeful feel in the chorus. The lyrics are great too in the imagery that they provide...

Wind blows across this wasteland
No one here to see

Dusk falls, howls in the dark
Evil comes out to play

Under the burning sky
No matter how we cry
Never can we answer why

They truly do provide the feeling that you're lost in a ruined world. Oh yeah, and the chorus. Not only is this song calming and compelling, I want to pump my fist every time I hear that awesome chorus. I love it, and it has definitely earned its spot as the grand champion of my Top 10 Favorite Songs List.

Oh, WITH ANIMATION YOU CAN! It's time for the Top 10 Least Favorite/Favorite Pony Animation list! But first, boring rules.

-No "fanmade show episodes". That means no Double Rainboom, no Snowdrop, and no Dusk's Dawn.
-Nothing shorter than a minute. There's lots of cool really short pony animations out there (hi CLOPPING.MOV :3), but I'm just not gonna feel right loading this list up with thirty second-long shit that's just meant to give you a laugh and is just...over after that.
-No animatics. Again, there's lots of cool pony animatics, but if it doesn't create the illusion of animation, it doesn't qualify. I do realize that this also means no Rainbow Dash Presents (AWESOMESERIESLIKEOHMYGLOBYOUGUYS), but the world of my silly rules is a cruel place...

Now then, where shall we begin? Oh, with 10., right.

Least Favorite Cartoons

10. It's About Time - OhPonyBoy

Favorite Moment: Luna murdering the guards.

Note: Yeah, I'm gonna have to do Favorite Moments with some of these instead of Favorite Quotes, for some of the cartoons like this one have no talking in them at all. :P

Hmm...okay. So there are tombstones, then there's a symbol for Yin-Yang in the sky, then buildings fall from the sky, then there's an hourglass, and then Luna and Celestia are fighting over it...

Yeah, I have a hard time enjoying this mostly because I just...don't get it. That's basically all I have to say because trying to criticize it is the equivalent of trying to come up with different ways to say "I don't get it." I'll give it credit though, that fight scene with Luna and Celestia was amusing, as was Luna killing ponies.

Favorite Cartoons

10. We're Going for a Ride - Viva IMMATOONLINK Reverie

Favorite Moment: Rainbow Dash being buried alive and then crawling out of her grave to try and stab Pinkie.

To be honest, I just love Viva IMMATOONLINK in general. Whether it be a simple short with a Weird Al song playing along to it, him "playing" with pony toys, or even just a three-minute long music video like this, he has a charm that never wears off on me. This animation is easily his most impressive work to me though. It's thoroughly amusing with its visual gags and oddly light-hearted approach to Pinkie Pie (*sigh* Pinkamena, who cares) wanting to kill Rainbow Dash of all things. Cool, huh?

Speaking of Dusk's Dawn, what are your thoughts on the song "Dusk's Descent?"

I'll confess that at first, I had no idea what you meant. After looking it up (and listening to it as I type this) though, I realize that you meant the song that plays in the animation. It's bad in a funny way to me, just like the short. Oh yeah, and if you care, I'll also post my thoughts on the erm..."brony episode trilogy" while trying not to copypasta what everyone else has already said...

Double Rainboom - It's alright. They didn't have to force in all the filler and that whole thing with the Powerpuff Girls, but it's decent entertainment if you got twenty minutes of nothing to do.

Snowdrop - Again, it's alright. They could've developed the main character more by putting her in a more relatable situation, but it's decent for what it tried to do.

Dusk's Dawn - Forget the haters, this will always be comedy gold to me. It may be a mess, but I don't care so long as it makes me laugh. Also, Breeze Rider is my hero. :3

Least Favorite Cartoons

9. Epic Beignet Time - ShadesofEverfree

Favorite Quote: Next time...we bake the fourth wall!

First, a little history lesson so you'll at least sort of understand what I'm talking about. Back in late 2011, there came a hit animated pony short to Youtube called Epic Cupcake Time. It was a good parody of Epic Meal Time and because of its popularity, a sequel followed in early 2012 that was even better. Shortly after that, the series was unexpectedly wrapped up as a trilogy with Epic Wub Time, which, although good, strayed from the cooking parody theme of the first two and focused on something entirely different. And unexpectedly in late 2013, we got this, a spin-off by a different animation team that brought back the cooking parody theme. Was it good?

Male Pinkie Pie: I'll show you...Bubble Berry style!

*takes deep breath* No. It tried to be good, but fell short, as it was not well-versed in what made the first two good. The main reason why I really enjoyed the first two was because of their creative visual gags and clever dialogue. The gags here just feel lacking in imagination (pouring eggs from the ceiling and " YOU WAITED TWO HOURS BUT OH THERE'S ANOTHER BOWL RIGHT HERE") and the dialogue is filled with unnecessary exposition, including in none of the witty adult jokes the first two had. They even change "ass" to flank and "bitch" to beast, and I kid you not, even "censor" a scene for a joke. Is this a spin-off, or a 4Kidz dub of the first two? Even the voice acting (while decent) reminds me of something out of a 4Kidz dub... O_O

Favorite Cartoons

9. (Tie) Princess Luna's Whine/The Blob Symphony - OhPonyBoy

Favorite Moment (PLW): Luna yelling and literally blowing Celestia away.

Favorite Moment (TBS): Sombra beatboxing for "cristals".

Guess who's back? Yep, only one slot later, I'm posting not one, but TWO fully animated music videos (next two Favorite choices will be regular animated shorts, I promise) I feel are equally pretty cool from this dude. Both of them are cute, charming, and even a little trippy. They're also both strangely addictive to watch, and I can't choose which one I prefer. On one hand, Princess Luna's Whine reintroduced me to my favorite Green Day song "Basket Case", and on the other hand, The Blob Symphony reintroduced to me to the wonders of blob ponies. My glob, the choices!

Least Favorite Cartoons

8. Cupcakes MLP - tiarawhy

Favorite Moment: The pile of rocks calling itself "THE CLOWN WITH THE TEARAWAY FACE".

Okay, maybe a part of me just wants to show you guys I don't automatically laud stuff because "KILLING PONIES YAY" by putting this on my list, but I know for sure there's a part of me that has some honest qualms about this animation. I first watched it on Newgrounds two years ago after getting a link to it from TV Tropes, and when I was done watching it, I was left with...very mixed feelings. Like I sort of liked it but didn't think it was very good due to two fatal problems.

First of all, the song playing throughout (hello again The Nightmare Before Christmas... *rubs back of neck and grins nervously*) doesn't go with the animation at all. Second, the only things Pinkie does to Dash before she kills her are cutting off her cutie mark, wing, and literally pulling her apart (which didn't even happen in the original story). The rest of it is...Pinkie's imaginary friends from that Party of One episode dancing. What? Cupcakes is about Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Not her imaginary friends jerking around, just Pinkie torturing Dash and killing her. This was tiarawhy's first work and it shows.

Favorite Cartoons

8. What I Learned Today - MrPoniator

Favorite Quote: Your friends will be jerks! But that's okay because they're still your friends!

When I typed whatever I typed earlier about commercials, I can't believe I forgot to mention this dude. He's a guy who's made animations as witty, creative, and entertaining commercials for MLP: FiM, at least in my opinion. This one would have to be my favorite out of all of them, I always get a strange amount of enjoyment out of it. I just love all the visual gags and MrPoniator intentionally missing the point of the morals of the episodes he's recapping (It's okay to have no talent! Fly at hurricanes, I guess!). My second favorite MLP commercial of his would have to be "Don't Watch a Cartoon Called My Little Pony", but that's another story. ;)

Least Favorite Cartoons

7. Everypony Plays Sports Games - AgrolChannel

Favorite Moment: Fluttershy going "Yay!" after finally hitting a tennis ball, then being cut off by getting hit by one.

This is one of the only three pony animations I have ever watched where I was almost entirely bored throughout the whole thing. This animation is basically divided into five separate skits with two parts, each one showing one (with the exception of Pinkie and AJ's skit showing two) of the MLP:FiM main characters playing a game and/or trying out a sport. And I find NONE of them to be thoroughly entertaining, mostly because nearly all of the jokes fall flat. In the first part of Rarity's skit, the joke is that Rarity throws darts at a dartboard with ponies on it instead of an actual dartboard. In the second part of Dash's skit, the joke is that Dash throws her outfit on Scootaloo and proceeds to hit a golf ball too hard, breaking some glass offscreen. In the second part of Pinkie and AJ's skit, the joke is that Pinkie makes a pony out of dominoes and AJ gets confused... Ugh...I know a comedy cartoon doesn't have to be laugh after laugh, but I just find this to be really dull... I did find Fluttershy getting hit with a tennis ball at the end funny though.

Favorite Cartoons

7. My Little Paradox - tiarawhy

Favorite Moment: The part at the very end with Pinkie Pie.

Yes, once again on my Favorites list, I give you an old friend from my Least Favorites list who hates to say goodbye so much, they demanded to be on the very next number choice. Anyone who knows my taste in ponyfanmade cartoons knows I love tiarawhy. Her stuff is both risque and funny, and this animation of hers is probably my favorite because of how hilariously grim it is. What happens in it is that Twilight travels back in time after having a cute and funny little episode to talk to her past self, we get a dark, unexpected twist, and that's all I'm spoiling. Seriously, it's one of those things you have to watch not knowing what to expect for full enjoyment of it. But I will give you one spoiler, it's great.

Hotdiggedydemon's movies are gonna be on the favorites list.

Just calling it right now.

ueULEUX.jpg?1?1369

Predictions can only make the future so much less of a surprise. That's one of my sayings...

Least Favorite Cartoons

6. Re-enacted by Ponies (series) - Jacob Kitts

Favorite Moment (Nintendo short): Solid Snake Twilight breaks a smiling Lyra's neck and she still smiles as she falls.

Sorry, but I don't get the praise for this series. In the eight episodes I've seen (Pokemon, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Dragon Ball Z, Call of Duty, Nintendo, Yu-Gi-Oh!), I haven't thoroughly enjoyed one. The fatal flaw with the series to me is the humor. Very rarely have I ever seen an episode of this series make an actual joke about what it's parodying. For example, in the Harry Potter short, they don't actually spoof Harry Potter. The only joke I observed in the whole thing besides the ponified replacements (Fluttershy is Hagrid, Dash's scar is her cutie mark, and the dungeon troll is an internet troll...big laugh?) was Voldemort/Rarity not being able to breathe behind a turban. Same with the Yu-Gi-Oh! short. No actual parody jokes, it's funny because the monsters and cards are different! HE HE. Yeah, it's just not my thing. However, I do have a soft spot for that Nintendo short. That gag with Solid Snake Twilight was hilarious. :3

Favorite Cartoons

6. My Little Pony: Cupcakes - MarkSeil32

Favorite Moment: Pinkie Pie ripping Gilda's tongue right out.

One of my all-time favorite Cupcakes shorts. This is another one that tries to be different from the original story, showing us the slaughter Pinkie Pie committed before she got to Rainbow Dash, and boy is it a treat. Though I would agree with others that the song playing in the background is a tad unnecessary, at least it goes somewhat well with the animation this time and doesn't provide a reason for filler. There isn't a moment without blood, tension, or Pinkie slicing a part of a pony's ass right out in glorious detail. Anyone who's a fan of pony gore NEEDS to see this, for realsies.