• Advertisement

The Official Valentines Day thread

SpongeyKid

In all seriousness, my bitterness for this holiday is very new but on previous year I always loved it, specially since in latin America it is the day of love AND friendship, so in school we'd always exchange cards and candy and as I grew up I'd always do something with my best friends, go out, watch a movie, whatever, but what bothers me about this holiday the most (apart of always being single during it) is that you don't need a specific day of the month to prove your love for your loved ones or do something nice for them, the commercialization of this holiday makes it feel less...lovely. 

• Like 1

i_defy_you__heart_man__by_darnel980-d612

As much as I defy this holiday for how commercialized it is, I have to admit.  My loathing of it has kinda died down somewhat.  I mean it's still obviously meant for those who have a special someone that they want to do something special with.  Thus leaving all of us single people aware of how alone we are.  However, in recent years, I've kinda tried taking a different approach to this holiday.  Get some cheap discount candy.  Watch a non-romantic movie.  And just sit back and enjoy myself knowing that I'm not spending as much money as the next guy.  One of these days, I know I'll end up being said next guy spending my Valentine's Day showing how much I love my woman.  But for now, I can just look at it as me saving up my money and just loving myself.

i_defy_you__heart_man__by_darnel980-d612

As much as I defy this holiday for how commercialized it is, I have to admit.  My loathing of it has kinda died down somewhat.  I mean it's still obviously meant for those who have a special someone that they want to do something special with.  Thus leaving all of us single people aware of how alone we are.  However, in recent years, I've kinda tried taking a different approach to this holiday.  Get some cheap discount candy.  Watch a non-romantic movie.  And just sit back and enjoy myself knowing that I'm not spending as much money as the next guy.  One of these days, I know I'll end up being said next guy spending my Valentine's Day showing how much I love my woman.  But for now, I can just look at it as me saving up my money and just loving myself.

Same boat. Skipping my morning class to do some work/errands, then getting Chinese food after my evening class and watching sci-fi movies/drinking lots of whiskey. Probably end the night drunk in the shower with the lights off singing along to Stevie Wonder. Gonna be great.

• Like 2

There's a girl in my friend group from my hometown who broke up with her boyfriend (also in my friend group) earlier this week and she's been complaining all day on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram about not having anything romantic to do today.

what