• Advertisement

Scary Story Contest 2013 - RESULTS!

Wumbo

Thank you to the judges and the participants! The results are in! And guess what? Prizes are being given out to all four participants!

In 4th place with 59 points, scoring formidably in the Originality category is SOF's story, "The Curse of CN Tower"! SOF will be receiving 1,250 doubloons. Here's his story:

Spoiler

It happens every Friday the 13th, anyone who attempted to climb the 1,000 steps to reach the top. Unforumtely, no one couldn’t survive it. But one day a teenager named Mark Tenny wanted to take the challenge, so he started clinbing it up as he would do try to climb all these steps, he steadily start doing it, 500 steps later, he met a ghost named Butch warned him that stairs were filled with traps on every Friday the 13th. Mark ingored the ghost so he continued, he later noticed that sign that read congratulations though he couldn’t tell if that’s a trap so he moves on.

700 steps later, Mark noticed dead body of past teenagers who were attempted at pfevious challenge so he continues on his quest as he mets old man named Russ as he explained why’sd this place is cured for teenagers who wanted to reach 1.000 steps in CN Tower. So he gives Mark an advive to avoid the traps & warns him to be careful on his journey.

900 steps and beyond, he looked up way high as he barely see the end of stairway to the top. so he quickly ran but stopped at 800th step as he almost reached to the top as he could be 1st person ever to reach 1,000 steps avoiding traps in CN Tower but just then he saw the sign that read push the button so he did so turns out that he active the trap causing him to get booted from CN Tower and he became a ghost. And Butch appears and replied to him “I warned ya” as Mark screamed the horror.

THE END

In 3rd place with 64 points, scoring formidably in the Clarity category is NewLeafFan's story, "The Haunted Couple"! NewLeafFan will be receiving 2,500 doubloons. Here's his story:

Spoiler

Once a couple who just got married, won a contest to go to Disney World. When the couple saw the flyer for the contest, they thought they were going to Disney World but they were actually going to Disnup World, the scariest place in the world. When they got to Disnup World, they found a castle. It was dark gray and had a draw bridge, like u see in the movies. They didn't notice it was haunted. They didn't see a ghost knight who croaked his axe down, cutting the wife's hair by an inch. That night, before the couple went to bed, they heard thumping and groaning noise. "AUGHHH!", it went. When the husband went to see, the door was locked and they heard another door open. It was from the bathroom. Then, zombies popped out! The couple screamed as the zombies came toward them. And they were never seen again. THE END.

In 2nd place with 75 points, winning overall in the Clarity category is Halibut's untitled story! Halibut will be receiving 5,000 doubloons. Here's his story (warning: contains mature elements):

Spoiler

When it comes to my school, it can always be pretty damn weird. There’s douchebags, gangs, sluts, etc. Then, there’s murderers. At least we hope they’re murderers. All we know is there is this one kid that always hangs around our school. His only clothing is a blue hoodie and black jeans, and his face is always covered by his hood. Nobody knows his name. Nobody knows which classes he goes to. There’s the possibility he doesn’t even go to classes. He just wanders around our school. For the first 4 months of school, this kid has been wandering around school. Then, one 6th grader who wanted to find out about him. He wanted to make sure he had enough evidence recorders. He chose to follow this kid around school for the whole day, skipping every class. By the end of the day, he was gone. He was somewhere nobody knew; most likely with this kid.

The next day, nobody still knew where he was. Then, I went to physical ed one day, and all of my friends saw it. In one of the gymnasiums, there was the 6th grader. He had no clothes on, his penis was in his mouth, and his eyes weren’t there. Then, we saw a symbol on his stomach. It was 4 red baby hand prints. We were scared out of our minds. By the end of the day, we knew we were fucked. What was worse was that our overnight dance was going to happen in 5 days. We spent 5 days at school in absolute paranoia. I had to go the dance anyways. My parents wanted me to go the dance. My parents drove me and my friends there. When we arrived, we saw an extremely big crime scene.
Police cars and ambulances everywhere. We asked one policeman what happened, and he said that all of the kids at the dance simultaneously had cardiac arrest. “One of the 7 kids who didn’t die from their heart attacks said that they had a heart attack right after he saw this kid with a blue hoodie by one of the walls. Everybody saw it.” It sounded so cheesy but so true. I am scared out of my mind. I am at home right now, and I will prepare for the best tomorrow.

Hello, this is Gerald’s mother, and I am sorry, but Gerald was murdered. I found him in his bed with his penis in his mouth and 4 red baby handprints on his stomach. I wanted you to be aware.

Finally, in first place, with a total of 93 points and the overall winner in the Plot, Originality, and Spooky Factor categories, Steel, with his story Memento Mei! Steel will be winning the grand prize of 10,000 doubloons! Here's his story, which is also a preview for his upcoming spin-off, Rift and Drift.

Spoiler

It was very dim inside. The gloominess of the room was very dense, that it seemed frightening everything he couldn’t see. It felt like some vacant place that hasn’t been touched for ages, or even for generations. The leads of the investigation had a flashlight to illuminate the shadows within that very room. It looked demolished and messy compared to every other area around the entire house, while the atmosphere itself felt ominous and all around, so it still felt unpleasant for the private investigators. Noises were heard and they were spread across the house. The fact was that it was going on for days. Going further into the depths of the killer’s house was a music player. It was on loop. For some reasons unknown, it wasn’t turned off until the investigation team decided to shut it off to enhance their concentration at the scene. They couldn’t forget those eerie words from the audio recording either. Regardless, it was difficult to write down as they couldn’t make out with the lines. It played off like a song.

“Audi me clare...”

“Et hoc iter transeundum esse...”
“Memento mei...”

“Placent, memento mei…”

“Regina est mihi...”

“Nam vitae, aeternitatis tuae...”

“Nihil refert vides...”

“Nihil autem semita est vides…”

“Ut in hac via…”

“Tu solus mihi fato, per orationem meam…”

“Nihil es te ipsum et liberi esse...”

“Et arcum mihi...”

To be precise, it was what they could hear over and over. To their adversity, they were now unable to remember the main focus of this investigation after they turned the noise on again. They have lost control of their minds. They have lost control of their minds…

I felt like a survivor. I’d never thought how bitter these turn of events have been through all this life. From her solemn words of remembering her, I couldn’t help but remember myself, but only long past history of my own. I could call back to the last time I’ve had solace around her and how easygoing she’s been in her life. Linking between the past and now, her hidden depths have been overshadowed by from her old traits, including most of my everlasting happiness. Her new personality was already diverse to how I’ve used to see her. When we were in school with each other, we’ve had a not too distance but tender bond. Still thinking about the death of a loved one I’ve had tugs my heartstrings hard and it just continues. Sometimes, it just pulls through even harder. I was also in the same graduating school and I’ve still got some contact with her. It was all part of a celebration and biggest moment for everybody’s life, tossing up the cap, to prove our worth. It was the excellent feeling that we won. Like most people, we get our own jobs, and eventually our own gift of Neptune. When was getting used to the musical industry, she decided to give it a shot. Even after she contemplates on and begins another career, she hasn’t turned it down. One of her latest, “You Crashed Through my Heart and Burned it Down,” I couldn’t listen to it the same way ever again. Recognizing an old friend from my memories, it was an opportunity for my son to be enrolled with her. Things did not turn out well, no matter how hard he tries. For her, it was just another steam powered junction in her brain filling her with all that stress, it was like a heroin jab to drift away from the insanity and to cause a rift inside her cranium to only remember what she needs to remember to stride away the problems she faced. It never worked for her. As time went by, when I decided to pass by this place, it was beginning to turn grim as I can hear the wheels on her boat grind with power and be blared from a painful demise from the agony she decided to take off her chest. As far as I know, it didn’t seem like enough. All that matters now is how I remembered her. As much more murderous as she could get…I have a good enough feeling to lose my faith, but my faith for my only son lives on….

When I decided to order up a group of officials in investigation, it was the time that has come. We entered her house and I could sense danger within. Then we entered her room….

What can be seen in her room was her desk amounted with paperwork and some of the drawers crammed and/or left opened, her clothes and several tools scattered around, the wallpaper which was wearing out in some spaces, and some stacks of paper alongside her journal underneath.

In their second try going around this particular house, whilst with one person absent from the job, they turned off the music again and at the next time, they looked through the journal she had. Opening it up, the pages were absolutely blank. Furthermore, there were pages that have been torn out, as evident through one of the torn pages leaving a more noticeable cut mark unlike the other perfectly sliced and unnoticeable tears.

Then there was her closet, which was locked from the inside so they weren’t able to open it from the outside. Picking the lock, they have encountered the most astonishing pieces of evidence collected from the crimes committed. The team themselves had their hearts beating more quickly to see what they have witnessed.

It was a shrine. It wasn’t anything ordinary. For a few good minutes upon looking, they could then see the shining from the headlights through the nearest window and eventually gasp with fear. Without a doubt, they have then lost control of their minds. They have lost control of their minds…

Feeling pale...in an unconscious world, they have met an undesirable faith with a great big crash.

Once again, thanks to all the participants and judges, and have yourselves a happy Halloween!

• Like 4