• Advertisement

Weirdest Song Ever

Guest hilaryfan80

I love me some Die Antwoord, but they know what they're doing is weird and offbeat and wonderful and all those good things. If you want true musical weirdness, look no further:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nhg1E4TYM

(this one might not seem too bizarre, but get this, it's from 1968!)

Kind of uncalled for, but I felt some of these "classics" should be called to attention in a weird music thread. 

• Like 3

I love me some Die Antwoord, but they know what they're doing is weird and offbeat and wonderful and all those good things. If you want true musical weirdness, look no further:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nhg1E4TYM

(this one might not seem too bizarre, but get this, it's from 1968!)

Kind of uncalled for, but I felt some of these "classics" should be called to attention in a weird music thread. 

That's a lovely bunch of songs you got there (Last Deacon's got a kick-ass tune), but I didn't find any of them to be really weird. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :unsure: Oh yeah, and you forgot this one. XP

• Like 1

That's a lovely bunch of songs you got there (Last Deacon's got a kick-ass tune), but I didn't find any of them to be really weird. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :unsure: Oh yeah, and you forgot this one. XP

Oh def, second best Beatles track IMO, right behind "Helter Skelter". The reason I consider stuff like Exorcist and Satan's Massacre "weird" is because it's so sloppy, incompetent and poorly recorded that it becomes borderline avant-gardeish noise music. It kicks Bon Jovi's ass any day of the week, anyway. 

This is pretty up there too. Basically the whole thing is some guy telling a story about pumpkins, if you can't discern the lyrics.

I like this track a lot. It's really jarring considering the rest of the album is mainly the usual comedy / psych / pop / lo-fi thang they were known for then. Sounds like their tribute to Skullflower or somethin'.

I like this track a lot. It's really jarring considering the rest of the album is mainly the usual comedy / psych / pop / lo-fi thang they were known for then. Sounds like their tribute to Skullflower or somethin'.

The thing about Ween is that they can play any genre they want and make it sound good. Heavy metal? Check. Noise music? Check. Prog-rock? Check. Psych-pop? Check. Country? Check.

• Like 2

The thing about Ween is that they can play any genre they want and make it sound good. Heavy metal? Check. Noise music? Check. Prog-rock? Check. Psych-pop? Check. Country? Check.

Yeah, they pretty much got every base covered. They should probably have their own thread for this, though...

I've been diggin' this weirdo monstrosity lately. Hawaiian psychedelic music. Not in the hippie way, more in the oh-fuck-i-took-3-too-many-hits-of-acid-but-lets-keep-jamming-anyway kind of way.

One of the WEIRDER songs I've ever heard is Weird Al Yankovich's ode to the Pancreas called, "Pancreas." In my point of view, it's not so much weird as it is, desperate. I think it would've been more appropriate for Weird Al to parody Paul McCartney with something like "Silly Food Songs." Because Paul McCartney has already GIVEN his okay for Weird Al to parody a song of his...as long as Weird Al doesn't sing about any MEAT in his song (Paul is a vegetarian.) I think Weird Al has a golden opportunity there!  ^_^ Enough said!  ;)