• Advertisement

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Clappy

I haven't been this excited over a television series debut in what feels like forever.  Seriously, I will definitely be watching the pilot for sure.

Man, Disney buying Marvel was probably the best thing ever.  I'm super excited to see this, and I'm super excited to see DC's counter to this.

That would require DC to actually follow through with a Justice League movie.  And last time I checked, that was still in the very early development process.

Aren't they gonna make a live action Star Wars show too

Jar Jar's Jarring Jars.  It's a mockumentary on the jar industry.  It's like Unwrapped but with jars and the host is Jar Jar Binks.

The first episode is called "Leave it ajar".

• Like 2

Lol, people commenting that Ghost Rider should be on Netflix :P . Tho it'd be cooler since he's edgiiiiiii

Still haven't seen the entire show but I've heard it got better after second half of season 1???? Maybe I'll check the show out but it doesn't interest me too much.

4 minutes ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

Lol, people commenting that Ghost Rider should be on Netflix :P . Tho it'd be cooler since he's edgiiiiiii

Still haven't seen the entire show but I've heard it got better after second half of season 1???? Maybe I'll check the show out but it doesn't interest me too much.

AOS got significantly better after Season 1. That much I can attest to :P .

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Doesn't season 1 have a more "monster-of-the-week" format at first?

Yes, the first half. It was essentially bidding time until CW: Winter Solider released. 

4 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

Yes, the first half. It was essentially bidding time until CW: Winter Solider released. 

I personally enjoy "monster-of-the-week" type shows, but I don't mind arc-based stuff too. So I might check out AOS.

Great, great show. The first 3/4 or so of Season 1 are quite a slog, but once it gets to "Turn, Turn, Turn", it becomes a fantastic watch. Season 2 is a master course in how to simultaneously develop characters and deliver storytelling twists that are satisfying and funny at the same time, while also balancing action and a surprising amount of poignant emotion. I don't know where I'd rank it in comparison to other shows of its nature, but it's definitely excellent.

Season 3 occasionally hit the heights of Season 2, but not as consistently, and especially by the back half, I found a lot of the episodes to be lacking in... Something. I'm still not sure what it is, but as a whole I don't think Season 3 lived up to Season 2, and the absence of what I felt was probably the show's best cast member (edit: and now that I think about it, two other great actors) heading into this new season has me slightly worried. Ghost Rider seems cool and all, but Marvel has a hard time doing him correctly in live action. So we'll have to see. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Ghost Rider seems cool and all, but Marvel has a hard time doing him correctly in live action. So we'll have to see. 

well, this is made by different people and they did make Daredevil right with Netflix series, so I'm sure this version will be different. Although he could have fit on Netflix better :P 

oh my god. what even is this show. I haven't seen a live-action superhero show that continues to make itself better and better in each season just as much as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The closest I'd say Arrow before it went downhill and later improved again but dammit, this show is on it's fourth season and it's getting more and more interesting and exciting. If there's anything that I can complain is that the show references MCU movie events and characters a bit much sometimes, tho I really thought tie in with Witner Soldier definitely helped the show to be so incredible but I'll say that the show started to focus on events of the movies less and it became it's own thing. And I think due to the fact that the show actually knows how to keep it's story arcs going without dragging or rushing them and it always gives enough time to flesh out it's heroes and villains, even the most bland character, Lincoln, got good for me in second half of season 3.

Aside from occasionally secrets the characters keep from each other, the show just avoids any status quo and they find new ways to make characters still interesting. I think it's due to the fact that the show has tons of characters and it's pretty much limitless, so they can add anything to make their stories still fresh. Hydra after Winter Soldier movie, inhumans, Krees, Ghost Rider and LMD. The show takes elements of marvel comics that hasn't been used that much in movies or in netflix series and they add it here and the budget of the show is really amazing, so anything is possible from the show.

The action scenes are definitely impressive and while the show gets darker in each season, it continues to be such a fun ride. Even I'll say ongoing inhuman storyline is like X-Men of MCU without feeling like X-Men, so that's a high praise. The show really raised the stakes so damn high in LMD arc of season 4 and Third Pod will be coming in April, so if the show really ends here I woud be really okay because the show really feels like it's wrapping itself up but if it gets renewed for season 5, I'll be optimistic because the show keeps getting more exciting. I realy feel like if people stopped watching the show because of formulaic early episodes, I say keep going. Especially after 16th episode (I know it's a long ride but trust me), the show has become not only one of the best MCU properties, the best live-action superhero show right now. :) 

• Like 1