• Advertisement

Episode Evaluations

Sweat

First of all, this is a project that I will do for you guys, but I really need to tell you guys something.

I take credit to the blog 'The Intermachinations of Patrick's Mind' for this idea. I am not stealing the idea.

The difference is I won't do episodes in order. I'll evaluate any episode I feel like evaluating.

Band_Geeks.jpg?u=

Let's start evaluating possibly the highest rated SB episode in history.

So the episode starts with old Squiddy playing the clarinet. Nothing here, but then..

We are from the pet hospital down the street and I understand you have a dying animal on the premises.

Well that is a very good way to start an episode right there. A really quick 10-second wisecrack joke before the plot is even introduced. That is one of the things not other shows can pull off without seeming cheesy.

Now the plot is introduced. Squilliam calls Squidward.

So it turns out that Squilliam called the vets down to Squid's house :o

That makes sense.

Then Squilly starts bragging about having a band and how Squiddy is just some stupid cashier. Squilliam draws the line when he starts talking about how he'll play the Bubble Bowl. Then Squidward gets bat-s**t mad. Apparently, it just so happens that he doesn't sell fast food, does have a band, and is going to play the Bubble Bowl.

Well, that was quick.

I better drum a marching band fast. Heh heh. Band humor

^That started the running gag of what Squid says after a wisecrack. Creative SB peoples are creative.

Then, he sets so posters around town. Then, all the not-extremely-major characters were caught reading the posters in different intervals. That is used in other shows and movies, but this was done with cartoon characters. Cool. Also, 4EverGreen probably liked the scene with Larry in the shower. XD

Anyways, let's go back to the show.

Every single known non-onetime character arrives in some warehouse where Squidward is teaching the class. Squidward starts talking about instruments, and Patrick makes one of his most famous quotes.

is_mayonnaise_an_instrument__by_cantseemyforeheadplz-d5ck0p7.jpg

There you go. Also, horse radish isn't one either, Patrick.

Then, there are quite a few gags that I honestly don't want to go through all of them.

Day 2

Now, they're actually practicing a marching line, where a very dark joke happens. Two flag twirlers hit a giant zeppelin in the air and it explodes. :cough:Hindenberg:cough:

Day 3

I used to love the harmonica scene with Plankton. Plankton, get your motherfarking exercise XP

Day 4

Now for 2 climaxes in one day. The first one is the giant fight starting by somebody saying BIG MEATY CLAWS at Mr. Krabs. After Squidward got sad and left is the next climax. I geniuinely felt bad for Squidward in that scene. I really did.

SpongeBob finally realizes what they did wrong and did some giant pep speech. I think this episode was the only episode that had a good SB pep speech.

Squidward arrives at the Bubble Bowl and SQUILLIAM IS THERE!!!! :o

It turns out that Squilliam lied just to watch Squiddy fail again for his amusement. Oh my GOD, Squilliam is a Jackyarse. Then SB and friends come back fully prepared, but Squiddy doesn't know that. Then SB makes the best scene on SB that didn't involve dialogue.

That__s_His_Eager_Face_by_deviantretard.jpg

Then.............................. THE BEST FARKING ENDING IN SB HISTORY!!!!!

Squidward sees the amazingness Spongey did while he was moping, and it worked. Here it comes....

The winner takes allIt's the thrill of one more kill

The last one to fallWill never sacrifice their will

Don't ever look back

on the world closing inBe in attackwith your wings in the windoh the games will beginAnd it's sweet, sweet, sweet victory yeah,And it's ours for the takingIt's ours for the fightAnd it's sweet, sweet, sweet victory yeah,And the world is ours to followSweet sweet sweet victory

I'll just say right now that my favorite scene in the whole eppy was Squidward's freeze shot at the very end. There have been few victories of Squiddy, and this is the best. I literally applaude every time I watch the ending of Band Geeks.

I love how this episode is so famous:

- Look up Band Geeks on google and the first results are info about the episode

- So many scenes from the episode have been turned into memes

This episode is on my nostalgia list [which I'll post in another thread]

Episode- [10/10] [A+]

• Like 1

Now, to evaluate the episode that I put #1 on my worst episodes that I sent to Clappy:

Pineapple_Fever.jpg

Yep, it is such a terrible episode. But this ain't just a general review, this is a full evaluation, so stand clear.

So the episode starts with old Spongey ready for jellyfishing with these new dumb-as-fart glasses. Wait... what the heck are those glasses? Why not the originals?

23282_126593090703111_8848_n.jpg

Yeah. Those. Amazing. i don't want these bubbly can't-see-his-eyes cheesy glasses. They just add to SpongeBob's idiotic appearance in s6 and early s7. Let's stop talking about glasses, let's talk about the show again.

So, Sponge and Pat just start rambling about jellyfishing and Pat says his 2-netted net is 3x the fun.

4869449359_1576cf6d18_z.jpg

Now, they go see if the weather is good enough for Jellyfishing. So, this weatherman is like, "A horrible storm will hit Bikini Bottom. We recommend to not jellyfish today." Well, that's just the appalling kind of cheesy. The kind where you're like *facepalm.* This would be better: "A large thunderstorm will hit Bikini Bottom. Outdoor activities are not recommended." I kind of sounded like a smartass there, didn't I? Either way, that scene just sucked.

Now, there's this rambling construction scene where it's really all dry jokes. Not BADLY dry, but dry. Kind of like a saltine. With all of this, Squidward gets mad and asks SpongeBob what's going on. Then, SpongeBob explains well that there is a storm that's going on, and I guess Squidward hates SpongeBob so much, that he'll just ignore everything he says because he's like "I don't understand a word you're saying." I understood it clearly.

Now, when Squidward gets a well-deserved reality check made of lightning, he's forced to stay with the two arses until the storm is over. Wow, this will end well, won't it? .... no. Instead, SpongeBob is like "Charades, and board games, and hot cocoa, and hot tea." "I thought it was cocoa!" Well, does it matter? Who drinks hot tea anymore either way? Well, my mother.

So, it turns out the lights are turn off because SPONGEBOB TURNED THEM OFF! Wow, does SpongeBob really want a playdate with Squidward. He is trying too hard. It's to the point where I think SpongeBob made the storm happen. That's my theory. Now, they're playing tic-tac-toe.

Wow, were Sponge and Pat half-arsed in this scene.

"I don't see anything."

"Yeah, it looks like a bunch of junk."

SpongeBob, you piece. You probably never played tic-tac-toe. It's like this SpongeBob:

tictactoe.png

Come on, Spongey. Cut yourself some slack. Wait a second, now they have to check a tic-tac-toe manual. Wait... there's such thing as a tic-tac-toe manual!? Wow, I thought it only took like 4 steps. I guess not.

Oh BOY, does it get worse.

Now they're playing a puzzle. Apparently, they got everything through until the last one. Jesus Christ. To add insult to injury, Patrick, out of nowhere, turns super old. That's no fun, isn't it?

Now, Squidward loses his mind, so he just shows them where it's supposed to go.... THAT'S CHEATING? I would be like Squiddy at that point. Now, he plays a little game [saw III] called Boundries where SB and Pattsy can't cross this line he drew on the ground. Wow Squiddy, it worked. That's the best thing in the episode, really.

When he gets hungry, he tries to cross the line, but suddenly, SpongeBob turns into this crankhole security guard. Once again, SB is WAY too much into it. After Squidward crosses the line [literally] here comes the most idiotic scene in the whole episode. Squidward and SpongeBob are both half-naked while Squiddy is trying to get a can of food. Both guys look like pure dumb***es in this scene. You can see that there is no expression [if not gross] in there faces.

Now, suddenly, Squidward and Spongey FINALLY realized they turned into animals. Wow, SpongeBob. That's a freaking accomplishment. Now, they find out the thunderstorm is over, so Squidward leaves Sponge's house. Note that I said THUNDERSTORM, since Squidward just falls off the top of a tornado. You know what, Squidward abuse goes overboard in this episode. Wait, no. THE CHEESINESS IS WHY I HATE THIS EPISODE! THIS EPISODE IS SO JOKELESS AND CHEESY, THAT I LEFT THE ROOM THE NEXT TIME I WATCHED THE EPISODE! I swear to God, I don't want to watch this episode anymore.

-10/10 - F----