• Advertisement

Teams: Thoughts and Ideas on How To Improve The Teams Experience

Clappy

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move off of Roblox?

• Yes
    • No

^ Actually I am glad that you brought up Minecraft ACS (at least that looks like Minecraft to me :P). One of the ideas I suggested when we had a discussion about this was online console gaming. What I mean is we can hold SBC events through online games for PC, handhelds, or gaming consoles. Of course not everyone has the same consoles as everyone else, which is a flaw with the idea, but we could work around it. Like hold multiple exclusive tournaments with other users who share the same console. I mean maybe a PS3 group, a Wii group, a DS group, a 360 group, a PC group, etc.

Anywho, I love some of the ideas that have been suggested here. You guys are right about XAT tournaments and how we could further expand XAT Games into Team tournaments/events. Also, I love the miniclip.com suggestion. I also use to use that site back in the day and actually registered once again last night after seeing you guys talk about it.

Feel free to keep suggesting more ideas. I am loving the creativity.

• Like 7

PC Games:

Team Fortress

We Know this game was Great

Minecraft

Oh Yeah i forget

I'm Appearing to Not Have a Another Game That has Mutilplayer other than COD

PS3 Games:

LBP 1 & 2

LBP Karting

Ratchet & Clank (3 only)

DS Games:

I Know I don't have a DS but i still like to post DS games

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart 7 3DS

^ Actually I am glad that you brought up Minecraft ACS (at least that looks like Minecraft to me :P). One of the ideas I suggested when we had a discussion about this was online console gaming. What I mean is we can hold SBC events through online games for PC, handhelds, or gaming consoles. Of course not everyone has the same consoles as everyone else, which is a flaw with the idea, but we could work around it. Like hold multiple exclusive tournaments with other users who share the same console. I mean maybe a PS3 group, a Wii group, a DS group, a 360 group, a PC group, etc.

Anywho, I love some of the ideas that have been suggested here. You guys are right about XAT tournaments and how we could further expand XAT Games into Team tournaments/events. Also, I love the miniclip.com suggestion. I also use to use that site back in the day and actually registered once again last night after seeing you guys talk about it.

Feel free to keep suggesting more ideas. I am loving the creativity.

Um, that's Ace of Spades. Sure, they make it payware now, but I have the old AOS 0.75. I can give you a link if we consider it.

If you don't know, AOS is like a mix of TF2 and Minecraft :P

Have you ever considered the fact that not everybody has consoles with Internet access? None of mine do. I used to have a Wii that had a wifi connection, but it bit the dust. All of my internet-capable consoles are now at a location that has no internet access.

Hello my fellow users. So you know those bright colorful user names down below that show what team you are on? Well lately, they are being used as more of an accessory than anything else. Which is why the staff is considering of a massive reform to the Teams experience.

Now I know the first thing that comes to mind when users on this site think of Teams is Roblox. The users that actually do compete in the tournaments on Roblox constantly complain about Roblox and how it lags and how the server is just a pain in the ass in general. So the first step in this reform is should we get off of Roblox? Vote in the poll above, but let's face it, I have a feeling that most of you will vote yes.

Which brings me to my next point, how Teams is being used right now. Besides Roblox, what else has the site done to make exclusive use of the Teams concept? A hell of a lot of nothing. Right now all you guys have is a private forum that goes to waste. And remember the Team banks? Exactly how many people actually paid the dues and used the Team Bank? Not many. I mean right now, people just register for a team and proceed to post. Where is the team rivalry? Where is the spark? Where is the heat and the passion of sporting your team colors proudly? So if this reform goes through, you are already being forewarned that there might be a possibility of you changing teams. More on that when the time comes.

While not everything is set in stone yet in terms of what exactly we are going to do, one of the early planning stages is to ask the people what they want out of Teams. Trust me, change is coming because there is still plenty of life in the Teams concept. Just because Roblox is a glitchy program, doesn't mean that Teams itself is all tied up with Roblox. Teams actually has a lot of life as a concept. Right now it is just being under utilized which is why we would like to hear from you guys about how we can improve this.

i now the glitches. on roblox it doesnt een show my character for the battle center only! i have one question. where will the new battle center be?

Guest Long Timmy

I'm not a big fan of Roblox, and I honestly think PC gaming beats console gaming by a longshot. Second of all, Minecraft sounds like a great idea. Also, how about a Steam group for SBC?

I'd prefer to stick to online gaming, since, well, yeah, all of the consoles I have don't have Internet access, well, at all. As for MineCraft, I'd like to try it out, but.. heh.. I don't have the game. Oh well. I've served my team faithfully.

Note for hilaryfan80:

The current version of Ace of Spades is payware. The version I brought up (0.75), however, is still freeware. I can provide a link.

Also, how about a Steam group for SBC?

I second this.

PS: If we move off RB, let's pick something that's not payware/free-to-play. K?