• Advertisement

That Clap Music

Clappy

Time for a much needed update.  I'm not as big a fan of country music, but one of the few songs I've loved over the past year was Cruise by Florida Georgia Line.  Now it's playing on pop radio stations as a remix with Nelly, one of my all-time favorite rappers.  Hello brand new guilty pleasure.

This song always helps pick up my mood whenever I'm feeling down lately.  That and Radioactive.  I wish I figured out of Matt and Kim sooner.

• Like 1

Gonna throw out a double whammy.  My two favorite songs on the radio right now both involve Pharrell Williams.

Get Lucky I like more just because Daft Punk is just so amazing and I love their new sound they are going for while still keeping their uniqueness.  This is probably some of the best work of Pharrell's career right here.  His voice works well with Daft Punk's beat.  I have a pretty damn good feeling that this will be the song of the summer when it's all said and done.  It has everything going for it with it being a fun song that the radios will play the hell out of.  However, I probably will never get tired of this.

Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines is almost Timberlake-esque.  Almost.  Yeah the lyrics are corny.  Yeah this song probably comes off as incredibly chauvinistic.  Yeah T.I.'s rapping part is ridiculously corny.  But hey, you know what else was corny?  Some of the biggest songs of last year like Call Me Maybe, Glady You Came, Gangnam Style to name a few.  Robin Thicke had a hit years ago with Lost Without You.  We haven't heard much from him since he is one of the more well established R&B song writers working today.  Now comes this new song and you know what?  I love it.  It's parading the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously while still making it enjoyable and I actually really like Thicke's voice work here (I don't think he's offkey like many people have told me) and of course Pharrell's.

So I've been listening to more "indie artists" lately. Particualry this artist named Feist. She's very talented and deserves more mainstream attention. Most of her songs tell a story and I am a sucker for songs like that. I played this song on TT last night and the night before last. Probably my favorite song by her.

More mainstream attention? She's Canadian, so don't hold your breath on that, unless Justin Bieber tweets about her.

Someone should convince him to. He made Carly Rae Jepsen a thing, so the least he can do is make Feist one.