• Advertisement

176b. Chum Fricassee

Young Nug

Plot: When Squidward quits the Krusty Krab, he goes to work at the Chum Bucket, which becomes an overnight success.

Tbh, I don't remember this episode too much- I do remember that it did have the darker qualities of an episode penned by Richard Pursel, but I do believe I liked it. I remember being on the floor when Mr. Krabs conveniently skitters by only to say to Squidward "I don't value you at all!", and that was a truly hilarious joke. The ep seemed to be unfair to Squidward at the end as well, but it's a cartoon, so that doesn't matter too much, plus I thought the doormat thing was funny. :P

7.5. Your thoughts?

I thought we already had a topic for this.

Either way, this episode was enjoyable, but not memorable in the least. Writing about it now, I do recall more than I do about its sister episode (Move It Or Lose It), but I don't remember much of the plot, or the humor. That being said, my original review (if I remember correctly) was fairly positive. It wasn't the best of Season 8, but it was not the worst.

As someone who has been wanting Plankton to get some sort of comeuppance for awhile, this is one episode that makes me appreciate an ending more so than just think...eh this episode was ok.

8/10

Wasn't a huge fan of this one. I understand a lot of people consider this a "gem" of Season 8, but I guess I'm in the minority here, sorry guys.  :P Didn't find it very funny, and the ending was really a cheap cop-out. A shame too, Squidward leaving the Krusty Krab had so much idea for potential, but wasn't executed very well. "Sweet and Sour Squid" did the Plankton/Squidward dynamic better, IMO. It wasn't terrible, but it's not really a favorite of mine. It really feels like a held over Season 7 episode. Grade: C-