• Advertisement

Best Punk Band

Elastic Dawg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Says the man who praises Three Days Grace...

Also, its likely you're not familiar with the 77-era or post-punk bands.

Anyway, can we get back on topic? Thanks.

Liking and praising are two different things.

Rudimentary Peni will always be my favorite punk band. Unfuckable with. Other favorites: Black Flag (duh!), Flipper, Dwarves (their early stuff), GG Allin, OG Misfits (no half-assed reunion bs), Germs, Crass, G.I.S.M., Wipers, Amebix, The Stooges, Bobby Soxx/Stick Men with Ray Guns, Dicks, The Gun Club, The Flesh Eaters, etcetcetc. There's also noise rock, post-punk, synth-punk, and all sorts of other mutant offspring genres i'm really into, but i'll leave it at the basics.

Also seeing as i'm shit-talking newer pop-punk constantly, I might as well give some examples of modern punk that I can get behind, so I don't look like defener shithead: Dawn of Humans, Velvet Whip, Satan's Satyrs, Schizophasia, Full of Hell, Pissed Jeans. I'll toss in Drunkdriver and Clockcleaner too, since they're newer (but sadly broken up :()

I've been thinking about getting into the Misfits. Seems like something i'd love.

I think my new favorite punk band is probably At The Drive-In, but some of my others have to be Social Distortion, The Jam of course, Dead Kennedys, and of course Butthole Surfers. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about getting into the Misfits. Seems like something i'd love.

I think my new favorite punk band is probably At The Drive-In, but some of my others have to be Social Distortion, The Jam of course, Dead Kennedys, and of course Butthole Surfers. 

I should really get into At the Drive-In. Misfits are the shit, for sure, but I wouldn't bother with any post-Danzig stuff. Michael Graves isn't bad...but he's not really great, either. Some of his songs are really good, though ("Dig Up Her Bones", "Helena"). Passable, I suppose. I've tried listening to some of the Only stuff, but it's embarassingly bad.

I've been listening to a lot of Chrome lately. Righteous band. Space-y ass Stoogeoid acid punk.