• Advertisement

Best Punk Band

Elastic Dawg

I should really get into At the Drive-In. Misfits are the shit, for sure, but I wouldn't bother with any post-Danzig stuff. Michael Graves isn't bad...but he's not really great, either. Some of his songs are really good, though ("Dig Up Her Bones", "Helena"). Passable, I suppose. I've tried listening to some of the Only stuff, but it's embarassingly bad.

I've been listening to a lot of Chrome lately. Righteous band. Space-y ass Stoogeoid acid punk.

At The Drive In is great. Think of a more punk rock Rage Against The Machine. I recommend their 2000 release Relationship Of Command and then listening to their other 2. 

Relationship Of Command has to be in my top 10 records of all time. God I love "Arcarsenal". I love post-hardcore in general, bands like Samiam, At The Drive-In (of course), Sunny Day Real Estate, and maybe a few others I can't think of. It sucks a lot of shitty bands are post-hardcore, because I love the genre. (not like the bands, but like the genre itself)

At The Drive In is great. Think of a more punk rock Rage Against The Machine. I recommend their 2000 release Relationship Of Command and then listening to their other 2. 

Relationship Of Command has to be in my top 10 records of all time. God I love "Arcarsenal". I love post-hardcore in general, bands like Samiam, At The Drive-In (of course), Sunny Day Real Estate, and maybe a few others I can't think of. It sucks a lot of shitty bands are post-hardcore, because I love the genre. (not like the bands, but like the genre itself)

Peep some Husker Du. Probably the best classic post-hardcore band. Minutemen are really good, too. Unwound if they count, too.

Do Big Black count as punk?

Of course. They're abrasive as fuck, but at their core they're really just one fucked up post-punk band. Songs About Fucking is one of my favorite albums ever. I think I fucked your girlfriend once...maybe twice, I don't remember...then I fucked all your friends' girlfriends, now they hate you!

Of course. They're abrasive as fuck, but at their core they're really just one fucked up post-punk band. Songs About Fucking is one of my favorite albums ever. I think I fucked your girlfriend once...maybe twice, I don't remember...then I fucked all your friends' girlfriends, now they hate you!

Dude, my life changed when I listened to Songs About Fucking.

I should try out Big Black. Seems like something i'd dig. Anyways, listened to Acrobatic Tentament by At The Drive-In tonight. Absolutely fantastic record. Some fantastic 90's post-hardcore. God I love "Ebroglio". Such an emotional song. 

Just quite recently, I've been really into Bad Brains. I especially like their self-titled album that seems to have this reggae-ish vibe mixed into some of the songs which I really enjoy.

Like me some Bad Brains, though HR is a bit of a dickhead. Pay to cum, babeh.

I just finished reading Lexicon Devil, about Darby Crash and the Germs if you couldn't guess from the title. Highly recommend it. He was such a fascinating dude. The gay, decadent punk philosopher the world didn't understand.