• Advertisement

Butthole Surfers

Elastic Dawg

Still one of my favorite bands ever. I've come to appreciate all of their releases to at least some extent (even Weird Revolution...) some more than others. First 3 LPs are still some of the best, incoherent, druggy psychedelic punk out there.

Favorites:

1. Locust Abortion Technician (still, and forever)

2. Psychic...Powerless...Another Man's Sac

3. Rembrandt Pussyhorse

4. S/T EP/Live PCPEP

Trax: "Cherub", "The Colored FBI Guy", "Concubine", "Human Cannonball", "I Saw an X-Ray of a Girl Passing Gas", "Jimi", "Something (Live)", "Strangers Die Everyday", "Sweat Loaf", "22 Going on 23", "Whirling Hall of Knives"

Track down some of their early comp tracks, too. Real good stuff.

• Like 1

Nor have I!

Experimental/psychadelic hardcore punk band from San Antonio. They're pretty damn good, but they're music isn't for everyone. Like my dad doesn't really like them (Despite remarking he's seen them twice wtf dad)

I listened to Independent Worm Saloon for the first  time yesterday. It was an awesome track, even though some of the things tested my limits like that straight minut of vomiting sounds near the end. Other than that, it was a great album. I'm probably gonna listen to Electriclarryland next as I've been told it's the most straightforward album of theirs and I do not wanna get into their dark stuff until I am ready.

I listened to Independent Worm Saloon for the first  time yesterday. It was an awesome track, even though some of the things tested my limits like that straight minut of vomiting sounds near the end. Other than that, it was a great album. I'm probably gonna listen to Electriclarryland next as I've been told it's the most straightforward album of theirs and I do not wanna get into their dark stuff until I am ready.

"Clean it Up"? Haha, that's my favorite from that LP. I like when they go for sludgy psychedelia. You know that's Helios Creed on guitar?

As far as ranking their albums go, for me it's: Locust Abortion Technician > Psychic...Powerless... > S/T EP/Live PCPEP > Rembrandt Pussyhorse >Hairway to Steven > Independent Worm Saloon > pioughd > Electriclarryland. But, like i've said, I have a soft spot for all of their stuff.

For me from what I've heard:

1. Locust Abortion Technician

2. Pee Pee The Sailor/Butthole Surfers

3. Psychic.... Powerless..... Another Man's Sac

4. Rembrandt Pussyhorse/Cream Corn From The Socket Of Davis

5. Electriclarryland

I love them all though. 

• Like 1

For me from what I've heard:

1. Locust Abortion Technician

2. Pee Pee The Sailor/Butthole Surfers

3. Psychic.... Powerless..... Another Man's Sac

4. Rembrandt Pussyhorse/Cream Corn From The Socket Of Davis

5. Electriclarryland

I love them all though. 

Absolutely get Hairway to Steven. It's got a nice balance between their noisy psych freakouts and their poppier, more song-based stuff, despite the shitty (and sometimes too old school digital) production. There's even some folk punk in there for ya. I like piough'd, but it takes time to warm up to. The digital goofiness that was rearing its head in Hairway comes full circle, and it's hard to get into. The more rocking tracks like "PSY" are incredible, though. I also recommend getting the Peel sessions bootleg, which has a version of "Blind Man" (from pioughd) that blows the studio version out of the fucking water.

Absolutely get Hairway to Steven. It's got a nice balance between their noisy psych freakouts and their poppier, more song-based stuff, despite the shitty (and sometimes too old school digital) production. There's even some folk punk in there for ya. I like piough'd, but it takes time to warm up to. The digital goofiness that was rearing its head in Hairway comes full circle, and it's hard to get into. The more rocking tracks like "PSY" are incredible, though. I also recommend getting the Peel sessions bootleg, which has a version of "Blind Man" (from pioughd) that blows the studio version out of the fucking water.

I'm fine with the low production and I'll be sure to check it out soon.

Ah, 8th grade. Oh wait, why should i even say that that was like 5 months ago

Anyways, yeah, they kick ass. Like to fuck with idiots at school saying they're a band I like time to time when they ask people what they listen to. Also remember walking into my science teacher's room one faithful May morning and hearing Pepper on his radio and thinking it's the coolest shit in the world. He even owned up to liking them. Best teacher ever

Edited by CyanideFishbone

About a month ago their song Pepper was playing during my daily school news show thing. It was pretty cool. (Imagine if they played something like U.S.S.A. though)

Seriously tho, these guys fucking rock. Locust Abortion Technician is easily one of my all-time faves

48 minutes ago, Halibut said:

About a month ago their song Pepper was playing during my daily school news show thing. It was pretty cool. (Imagine if they played something like U.S.S.A. though)

Seriously tho, these guys fucking rock. Locust Abortion Technician is easily one of my all-time faves

That would be amazing yet weird at the same time.

I don't even like Pepper all that much anymore. Jingle of a Dog's Collar and Cough Syrup would've made better hits, IMO.

I think Piough'd is overlooked. It's off-puttingly digitized, but having a studio version of P.S.Y. is pretty nice. Their rendition of Hurdy Gurdy Man slays, too. And this great piece of industrial weirdness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0yU0IR3so

Edited by Elastic Dawg