• Advertisement

"Young Justice": From the creators of "Spectacular Spiderman" and "Teen Titans"

storytime7

On 6/2/2012 at 10:17 AM, terminoob said:

Best show I've seen on CN in a long while. The animation, action, characters and writing are all so awesome. Streets ahead of Teen Titans, in my opinion.

On 6/2/2012 at 3:25 PM, TJ said:

Aww, Teen Titans was awesome. I haven't decided which is better as of yet.

Your both wrong! Teen Titans Go is superior to both!

Also, Young Justice sucks and everyone who watches and likes this show is a betrayer and deserves to be kicked out of the Teen Titans Fan Club.

Edited by Robin
  • Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1
  • God Himself 5

On 6/28/2018 at 2:51 PM, Robin said:

Your both wrong! Teen Titans Go is superior to both!

Also, Young Justice sucks and everyone who watches and likes this show is a betrayer and deserves to be kicked out of the Teen Titans Fan Club.

Robin!

What do you think of your new costume man? It looks badass.

0PnJLVl.jpg

Edited by MLG Vanilluxe
  • God Himself 1

50 minutes ago, 70s said:

I've never watched this but maybe I should? And don't kill me but I'm... kind of loving Titans.

Damn I thought you did watch the show lol.

Do it. It's such an amazing show. S2 is a bit confusing at times and some changes they made, it took me a while to get used to but you'll be just fine. Not the best DC animated show but It's the show that appreciates DC universe the most.

I managed to see the first three episodes they have released (If you don't wanna sub to DC Universe and If you want the link, I can give it to ya) and heads up, there are gonna be 3 episode per week with the last week of January having 4 episodes and then the show taking a break until presumable June for part 2. So here are my thoughts with no spoilers:

This was just...nothing but greatness. Just be clear though, since this takes place in DC Universe stream now, the show is able to tell more dark and mature stories and man, they pull no punches here. Gotta admit that i was a bit worried for a darker approach cuz I didn't want to be all Titans during their first two episodes with unnecessary edge to it but the way they pulled it off did not only fit the story they are able to tell, they are doing it in a respectful way. Save for one gruesome scene, the show's more mature and darker than ever but it kept the same tone of first two seasons and it seems like each week, we are going to be seeing different characters on their journey, so I find that to be quite interesting. This week is about "half" of OG Young Justice team with Black Lightning to the mix (If you've seen the trailers, you know what they are doing) and it was just so much fun to see our s1 characters talking to each other again, as well as Black Lightning's addition, which was done so well. I already loved him in the tv show but they are taking a different road for his character, yet keeping his character somewhat same as the show did. My only pet peeve thus far (aside from obvious budget cuts on animation) and even though I like that we are heading to different teams in each week, the lack of the actual Young Justice team right now is so bizarre to see. At the very least this wasn't 0% YJ since we still got our OG team characters in their mission and that was pretty compelling to see but still, the show's about couple of teen superheroes having their adventures and we didn't get much of that in first week. Nevertheless, it's so good to see this show back with more maturity and its tight story structure.

I really like this new season of Young Justice. It has a great story, and it's nice to have to original team back, plus the show's not afraid to take risks now, especially since it doesn't have CN holding it back now. It's also interesting that they managed to hide that code in the episode titles. I can't wait to see how the rest of the series goes.

• Like 1

Here's an appreciation post that contains some spoilers from s3.

While I always loved the show, my biggest issue with this has always been the villains. Yeah...with how much the main cast of the show is estabilished perfectly and I love their stories, the villains of the show didn't leave much of an impression on me. The Light seems like a cool villain team up but I didn't dig them as much, infact I was ready for their stories to be over in s2 already. I mean the leader of the team, Vandal Savage was charming but I wasn't as invested in his character as well. He was a character I was having a hard time being invested to, especially how Legends of Tomorrow season 1 turned him into a Hawkgirl obsessed joke. Then the episode called "Evolution" happened in s3 and my god, they did everything so well.

Vandal Savage was the main focus of the episode and this episode made me actually invest in his conflict and it revealed the biggest theme of the season. Vandal was a character that wants the best for humanity. He was a survivor, he experienced many important moments in human history and most importantly, he was invested in human evolution. He was the first metahuman ever existed and his first children became metas as well. He came across to alien life forms invading the planet and he was the one to put a stop to it because of his meta children. The theme of the season is about evolution and survival of the fittes. When he first battled against someone like Darkseid, who wanted to control all life, he actually was killed by Darkseid but he was immortal and healed so fast, Darkseid was impressed by him. Therefore, they made a deal to work together and when the invasion of the universe is over, they will be the last ones and they'll battle until one wins. This is why Savage created Light and he makes metahumans and turns them into weapons. He wants what's best for humanity but at the same time, he's doing villainy to achive that. After how many times villains are motivated by their tragedies, Vandal Savage was a breath of fresh air as a villain and this was the first time I actually cared for him and The Light. His motivations made sense and he always came across as a ruthless and cunning bad guy. He's an immortal monster who has a soft spot for humanity. Kind of like Apocalypse from X-Men, except he is not a one dimensional villain. I loved everything about the episode and it's already one of the best episodes of the show. I really want more people to go back into this show because season 3 is shaping up to be the best season ever, I hope I'm right...