• Advertisement

Lil Wayne

Clappy

I am surprised there is no topic for him yet.

The alleged best rapper on the planet, how does everyone feel about him?

I think he overhypes himself to infinity and beyond, but when he is not experimenting on his own music, I think the guy is talented. That's the problem with Lil Wayne though. His ego is so out of whack that he thinks everything he touches turns to gold, but that's not the case. If anyone knows what I am talking about, take a look at the album Rebirth aka Weezy's "rock" album.

Discuss.

Well I was trying to get the thread more posts. xP
I sure hope Lil Wayne loves all these posts and writes a shitty mixtape about SBC as appreciation
  • Like 1

So the man who calls himself Weezy has decided to take a break from music after his next album comes out in 2012.

And why will he be taking such an extended hiatus? To pursue a career in skateboarding.

First Snoop Lion, the reggae cat, now Weezy Hawk. Do I sense a pattern here?

His early stuff was really good. Really good. Over time he just deteriorated and now he's just "Weezy F. Baby and the F is for freaking horrible". His new stuff is catchy as cuss, and I'll admit, his music can be a huge guilty pleasure of mine, too. But fundamentally, he's not really a good artist. Sometimes, his wordplay can be pretty logical and actually good("Paper chasin', tell that paper look I'm right behind ya/Huh, Real G's move in silence like lasagna") and then it can just suck (the previously mentioned "Seven grams....In the blunt/Almost drowned in her pussy so I swam to her butt", even though I actually think that's kinda funny).

In summary, he's a dude that started out kinda good, but now he's just a mediocre to terrible dude that makes way too much money and is kinda the reason why rap is an okay genre now, because too many people are imitating him now. Seeing his attempts at Rock in his rock albums, he really needs to stick to rap, though. That was pretty ugh.

His lyrics on Look At Me Now were pretty awesome, though.

So the man who calls himself Weezy has decided to take a break from music after his next album comes out in 2012.

And why will he be taking such an extended hiatus? To pursue a career in skateboarding.

First Snoop Lion, the reggae cat, now Weezy Hawk. Do I sense a pattern here?

For the first line, he said he'd take a hiatus after Tha Carter IV. It's probably temporary.

And for the rest of what you said, WTF.