• Advertisement

Gotta love those ads

Sebby

I am going to guess that SBC is using Google or something to host the banner ads that come up. Well...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1504/inappropriatead.png

Now you tell me if that's questionable or not.

Um...wow. o.o Yeah, I'll be telling Forumotion about this...that type of thing shouldn't be showing up on a Spongebob site.

I used to get picture ads, but now it's only text.

Um...wow. o.o Yeah, I'll be telling Forumotion about this...that type of thing shouldn't be showing up on a Spongebob site.

Lol, why would you tell Forumotion about it? The ads seem to be about the content of the forum, so we're to blame for the risque things we discuss. Plus, we've talked about much worse things than vibrators.

Um... Tvman, this is not a normal spongebob site. We talk about things much worse then vibrators EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But yeah I only get text ads.

We talk about things much worse then vibrators EVERY SINGLE DAY.

One of the reasons why I mostly go to SBM... I visit a SpongeBob forum to discuss SpongeBob and general off-topic subjects, not adult stuff. If I wanted to discuss adult stuff I'd subscribe to an adult website. :/

One of the reasons why I mostly go to SBM... I visit a SpongeBob forum to discuss SpongeBob and general off-topic subjects, not adult stuff. If I wanted to discuss adult stuff I'd subscribe to an adult website. :/

In the SpongeBob forum, we discuss SpongeBob in a G/PG rated setting. The rest of the forum, (ALMOST) any discussion can occur. This is a site for teens and young adults, not kids. We have a minimum age of 10 for our users.

In the SpongeBob forum, we discuss SpongeBob in a G/PG rated setting. The rest of the forum, (ALMOST) any discussion can occur. This is a site for teens and young adults, not kids. We have a minimum age of 10 for our users.

10? Then you need to adhere to COPPA guidelines for any user who is under 13. And besides, 10 is no age to start reading adult conversations on a SpongeBob website. 0_o Unless you have a COPPA user group to filter out those forums/topics, which you should have.

Sorry, that's just my two cents. I'll just keep out of those conversations. But yeah, I'd run this forum a little differently if I were you.

I though the age limit was 12 lol 428899.gif

10? Then you need to adhere to COPPA guidelines for any user who is under 13. And besides, 10 is no age to start reading adult conversations on a SpongeBob website. 0_o Unless you have a COPPA user group to filter out those forums/topics, which you should have.

Sorry, that's just my two cents. I'll just keep out of those conversations. But yeah, I'd run this forum a little differently if I were you.

Are kids aloud to go to te dump section of the forum?

But we don't have an active user under 12. Everyone is 13 and over.

All of our users are mature enough to discuss whatever they see fit. If something gets too risque, it's deleted.

If you don't like how that goes, stay at the SpongeBob section. No adult language is allowed there.

But we don't have an active user under 12. Everyone is 13 and over.

But you just said your age limit is 10. You're letting kids 10 and over into this sorta thing, whether 10 year olds join up or not, it's against COPPA rules, which could lend YOU and the other staff a hefty fine in the future.

I don't want to argue further. These sites are different and I rest my case. 630566.gif

But you just said your age limit is 10. You're letting kids 10 and over into this sorta thing, whether 10 year olds join up or not, it's against COPPA rules, which could lend YOU and the other staff a hefty fine in the future.

I don't want to argue further. These sites are different and I rest my case. 630566.gif

Perhaps 70s, but Ex, jjs, and myself are legally kids.

Wouldn't forumotion be the ones responsible?