• Advertisement

Cardi B

Clappy

Discuss the woman who dethroned Taylor from the number one spot here.

I actually like her.  Bodak Yellow is a good song (despite the admittedly lame song title, I get the reference but it's still lame). She does Kodak's flow ten times better than Kodak Black does.  And if we aren't going to get intimidating or interesting female rap lyrics from Nicki Minaj in 2017, then I'll gladly take them from Cardi.

I can't even remember the last time a female rapper dominated the charts.

And then I looked it up and realized it was probably Iggy Azalea and got sad.

But no, love Cardi B. I'd be totally cool with "Bodak Yellow" closing out the year.

Cardi B is definitely a refreshing presence on the charts. She has so much personality and charisma on Bodak Yellow and her verse on G-Eazy's No Limit is good too (and pretty much the best part of an otherwise not-that-great song lol).

its just nice and refreshing to see a female rapper who isn't nicki minaj and didn't build their career on feuding with other rappers so high on the chart. bodak yellow is not excellent but it's refreshing at least (especially for a solo female rap song)

In my opinion, I can't stand her AT ALL. Her hit single is the equivalent of watching a terrible episode of a show. I think the rapping and vocals is forced and sounds like nails on chalkboard, the lyrics is just lame, aside from the instruments being okay at best.

I know it's too early to judge her, but knowing how much I hate modern rap  with a passion, I don't has high hopes for her.