• Advertisement

Jaden Smith: The Anime, brought to you by Netflix

So Sejima

Soooo this exists

Why does it feel like I'm gonna be watching someone's pipe dream of "Supernatural anime but with Jaden Smith and an art style that you can at least say is more polished than Kappa Mikey" more than anything else.

6 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

"The Jaden Smith Anime" Is a bit of a stretch. I'm actually interested to see how this goes.

I'm sensing a bit of a vague supernatural plot but I just did not get anything from any of the voice performances, "she's possesed, that sucks", "I feel no synergy" etc, all looks mediocre.

26 minutes ago, Sunshine Banjo Face said:

I'm sensing a bit of a vague supernatural plot but I just did not get anything from any of the voice performances, "she's possesed, that sucks", "I feel no synergy" etc, all looks mediocre.

Because those lines were jokes. If he didn't say them in an unenthused tone of voice, they wouldn't be funny. :P

As usual, I actually think this looks fine, not sure what the problem is, that is all.

Edited by Metal Snake

Just now, Metal Snake said:

Because those lines were jokes. If he didn't say them in an unenthused tone of voice, they wouldn't be funny. :P

To each their own but having him constantly do that feels less like a deadpan character, especially without it being somewhat snappy comebacks it's just general situations, and goes more on bad voice direction where the VA can't emote for their life.

"american animation is anime to the rest of the world, but to us, anime is japanese.  it is the god of all life, people come to it and feed it everything it wants."

-Jaden Smith