• Advertisement

The Legend of Zelda (series)

Clappy

Some people had complaints on Skyward Sword's gameplay style but I personally don't find it troublesome. It's actually quite easy to get used to it. So far my favorite Zelda game is Ocarina of Time with Majora's Mask a close second. Although i also like Twilight Princess and the original.

Been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild recently, AKA the best Zelda game ever. Yes, you read that correctly. (smirk) 

As a lifelong Zelda fan, I never thought I would see the day where a game would top Ocarina of Time in terms of holding that honor for me.  But here we are.  I'm not even 50% of the way through the game yet but there is just so much to do, so much to see (intended).  The graphics, the story, the gameplay.  Everything about this game is just fantastic and I'm loving every single second of it.

I love FPS, sports games, party games, RPGs as much as the next guy, but deep down, I've been a platformer/action adventure guy at heart thanks to my Nintendo fanboy upbringings and this is without a doubt my favorite video game of the past ten years.

Edited by Metal Snake
Merged with the original Zelda series discussion for sake of organization.

I've not played Breath of the Wild yet, but it looks fantastic. I've only played four of the games (original, Zelda II, Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time), but I still hold the series in high regard. Don't you dare call me a fake fan, I've made it to Ganon without the sword. (smirk)

Thanks @Metal Snake.  Forgot this topic existed and I made it haha.

Looking back through this thread though in retrospect, my Skyward Sword fears were proven to be false as it was a pretty good game.  I will say that in terms of semi-recent Zelda games, it's not as good as Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and especially Breath of the Wild.  But I'll give credit where it's deserved that the gameplay at least with the focus on motion control.  With Twilight Princess being essentially a GameCube port, Skyward tried to be more Wii control focused and I thought it succeeded.

• Like 1

BOTW-Share_icon.jpg

I have Breath of the Wild and I find it to be pretty cool despite being a departure from the traditional Zelda formula. Its a more open world game but it has its charm of exploration and voice acting that's completely new to Zelda games.

Edited by Metal Snake