• Advertisement

Deadpool 2

Metal Snake

(d)

Spoiler

- They killed off the entire X-Force, except Domino who got lucky...

which pissed me off to death but it also made me laugh me ass off to death. I do hope they bring back X-Force with Cable's time travel thingy. It would be a waste to see them die as a joke.

- Hope Summers is officially canon and I loved it 

- Gerry Duggan (lastest Deadpool writer) namedrop and Stan Lee paint in the building were amazing easter eggs.

- Tons of MCU and DCEU jokes, and I loved it.

- That ending credit was the best shit ever. Deadpool killing Origins Wolverine, killing Ryan Reynolds before being in Green Lantern, saving Vanessa and Peter were coemdy gold.

- Domino was so awesome and I could talk about how awesome she was.

- Move aside Peter. Brad Pitt as Vanisher is my favorite character of all existence.

- X-Men cameo and Juggernaut as a whole just <333333333333

- RIP Black Tom Cassady. Cable is such a racist.

- I loved how all of Deadpool and Yukio interactions were same

- I loved a nod to Mojo and Shatterstar was literally an alien! :O

- Speaking of THIS MOVIE WAS SO LGBT, I'm gonna die with joy. Still a waste of not using Shatterstar as a gay character but Megasonic and Yukio being a couple and Deadpool hitting on Colossus made me happy.

- Cable was just awesome to watch and I wasn't expecting his story to be this simple lmao. Please more of him and Domino.

- Dopinder was one motherfucking beast. Gotta love his bloodthrist.

- I was disappointed in lack of Deadpool 1's side characters, aside from Dopinder and Colossus. 

- That Deadpool dying joke went on for too long. I loved most of jokes in the movie but that scene was the first moment that I legit got annoyed.

- I loved seeing more of serious Deadpool with comedic Deadpool. It helps out balancing the character.

- A nitpick but Colossus and Mega letting Russell imprisoned was so jarring to see.

- I wished there'd be a legit Purifiers (Mutant hating Christian terrorists) namedrop (references were there) but oh well

- Essex namedrop. WHEN IS MR. SINISTER IN AN X-MEN MOVIE?

- Deadpool in baby legs and balls was something I shouldn't have laughed hard but I did

- COLOSSUS VS JUGGERNAUT. GODLY CGI FIGHT.

First impressions and all, I loved this movie. It had its issues for sure that I might be forgetting. Mostly just this movie felt like the first movie at times, not all jokes hit me and I was disappointed in lack of most of DP1 characters but action and comedy made me smile and serious/comedic Deadpool is great. I definitely needed this after Infinity War. A worthy of a sequel for sure.

It was good, but it’s narrative was a hell of a lot messier than the first one’s and the movie in general just felt less consistent.  Slight spoiler, but when Dopinder gets more screen time than freaking Vanessa (one of the best parts of the last movie), I’m sorry but it doesn’t work nearly as well.  At the same time though, I felt like the jokes hit much better this time around.  Which don’t get me wrong, the original was funny too, but this one hit more often for me.

I might have to watch this one again to really get a good grip on how much I liked this, but I definitely think this was a step down from the first.  But seriously do stick around for the post credits scene.  Probably one of the best ever.

• Like 1