• Advertisement

Movies You Are Looking Forward in 2017

BoJack Horseman

I made similar topic in 2015 for 2016 movies. Now it's time to tell which movies in 2017 are you so excited to see? Once again, there are so many stuff I'm just pumped to see. Here are them.

Spoiler

John Wick: Chapter 2 - I liked the first, even if I didn't think it was as great as everyone said but I think second movie looks even better than first movie, so count me in.

The Lego Batman Movie - Trailers sold me. This is gonna be so funny.

Free Fire - Brie Larson is in it and it looks like such a good action comedy movie.

A Cure For Wellness - I don't think I'll see this when it comes out because Lego Batman and John Wick are my priority in February but Leedles showed me the trailer for it and I think it looks pretty interesting.

Logan - Please let this be the last appearance of Wolverine. I know FOX will probably not but please! This is my most anticipated movie of this year, even more than Star Wars sequel. I loved the serious tone of the trailer and R rating will definitely make this movie so bloody hell, I can't wait and this is really gonna be a tearjerker, I really want this movie to make me cry.

Kong: Skull Island: The cast is just A list actors and the whole movie just looks so much fun.

Gifted - Yeah Chris Evans stars in it, so he grabbed my attention lel but I also watched the trailer and it really looks like such a heartfelt movie. I'm all for it.

The Fate of the Furious - Yeah I gotta agree with Clappy. The premise is just what the fuck and tbh I'd still prefer them to end them in Furious 7 but you know, it really looks like such a stupid fun time, so count me in.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - Oh yeah, I'm definitely sold for it. It looks epic and hilarious and BABY GROOT.

Alien: Covenant - I still haven't seen Prometheus (and I will see it before this year ends) but seeing aliens back again sounds pretty great enough for me and plus this and 1-2 more sequels will tie in Alien movie, so I gotta see this.

Wonder Woman - I get why some people just don't wanna give DCEU any changes but Wonder Woman was really the best part of BvS, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. If this fails, then I really don't wanna see Justice League, which I still have no hope for it cuz Snyder is still attached and I didn't like what they did with Flash based on the trailer, sorry.

Cars 3 - Yeah I complained about how I didn't want this but judging by the trailer, this really looks like a worthy of a sequel. I really like the serious tone of it and I hope the movie will deliver sweetly.

Despicable Me 3 - This didn't need to exist but Trey Parker as the villain? Hell yes.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - I really loved what they did with Peter in Civil War, so definitely excited for this solo movie.

War for the Planet of the Apes - I loved first two reboot movies, so I'm pumped for this. The trailer looks so dark and brutal, I can't wait.

Dunkirk - Definitely feels like worthy of a movie about WW2 and Tom Hardy is in it, what else could I want tbh.

Blade Runner 2049 - Even though Ridley Scott didn't return for the sequel, Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling interaction is definitely something to look forward.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - I adored the first movie, bring it on second movie :D 

Thor: Ragnorok - I have been hearing about this really makes me so hopeful. I know people aren't such fans of first two but I really enjoyed both movies but this one looks even better simply because this is gonna be a buddy movie between Thor and Bruce. That's pretty much the main reason to be excited for this.

Coco - I haven't heard much from this but it's gonna be an original Pixar movie, so I'm pretty looking forward to this movie.

Justice League - Yeah I'm not looking forward to this but the reason why I'm adding this because I'm still kind of interested in the aftermath of BvS but that's it really. I didn't like the trailer, I did not like what they did with Flash nor Aquaman but part of me just wishes for this movie to be good, even though It won't.

Star Wars Episode VIII - I really have hopes for this to be a diferent movie for Star Wars, I hope so and seeing Mark Hamill playing a huge role for this is enough for me to see this and it's gonna be great to learn more about the new cast and hopefully more Poe. <3

The Greatest Showman - I don't know much from this, except for the fact it's gonna be a musical movie and Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron are in it, definitely hype.

2 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Guy Ritchie's King Arthur is going to be my favorite movie of the year.

He made a really entertaining flick last year with The Man From UNCLE and the first Sherlock Holmes movie was cool (haven't seen the sequel) so this could be a fun one.

Lego Batman Movie

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4: The Long Haul (Which I only just learned existed and it's apparently going to recast everyone so I'm curious how they're going to get away with that)

Captain Underpants (I only have trace memories of it from elementary and need more info on what the movie will be about, but nostalgia)

Cars 3

Despicable Me 3

My Little Pony: The Movie (haha no, I don't want to be in a theater full of bronies)

Undecided on Coco

And I'll like see Star Wars VIII since I saw the 7th

-Free Fire

-Dunkirk

-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

-Kathryn Bigelow's untitled movie about the 1967 Detroit riots

-Spiderman: Homecoming 

-Baby Driver

-Battle of the Sexes 

-untitled Paul Thomas Anderson movie about the fashion world in the 1950s

-Cautiously optimistic about Wonder Woman and hoping for a good time from Thor: Raganrok, especially with such a good cast and director in Taika Waititi 

Edited by Merry Swiftmas
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hayndeer said:

Captain Underpants (I only have trace memories of it from elementary and need more info on what the movie will be about, but nostalgia)

Ooh, I forgot that was coming out next year. Yeah, I definitely want to see that, too. And Spiderman: Homecoming. 2017's gonna be stacked.