• Advertisement

Possible Danny Phantom reboot?

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

These are legit Butch Hartman's drawings. It's very possible that we could be seeing a reboot featuring the trio many years in the future.

Danny:

Spoiler

h9NvKIX.png

Sam:

Spoiler

yQvKMhA.png

Tucker:

Spoiler

KTxaiBQ.png

You can watch Butch create these pictures in this video:

And this fan art.... holy....

tiJ3KbI.jpg

Please let this happen! :plankton:

Edited by MLG Vanilluxe

Loved Danny Phantom but in terms of being excited for this it's not at a very high level.

Butch is an artist, not a writer, and it's arguable that anything good that has ever come out of FOP was the result of either Steve Marmel or Scott Fellows, or Steve Marmel or Mark Banker/Marty Isenberg/Sib Ventress for Danny Phantom. They worked in tandem with Butch, sure, but as FOP S6 and DP S3 showed us, Butch on his own is just ok. His new team of people that he currently works with, as in everyone that's not Kevin Sullivan, is currently contributing to one of the most atrocious relics on animated TV.  

Unless Butch suddenly fires his writing staff, I can't imagine that this would be too great, honestly. Might be cool for like a one hour special or something, though. 

• Like 7

I really want Danny Phantom to come back, but I'm not too psyched for those drawings. I guess it makes sense if it takes place in the future, but I was hoping for a direct continuation from where it left off. I'm not really getting my hopes up since it still seems unlikely that it's coming back. But if it means they stop The Fairly Oddparents, I'm open to it coming back.

Yeah count me as someone else who is not excited to see Danny Phantom come back potentially.  Not because I didn't like the series, I loved it.  I love how it ended and I don't think that a return to this franchise is needed at all.  Sure it's fun to draw what they would look like in the future but leave it as just that.  Fan art.  Because, and I hate to pretty much reword what Nugs said above, Butch Hartman and his current team do not give me any faith that a potential reboot would be redeemable at all with how the current FOP product is right now.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who finds a bunch of these reboots of 90's and 00's shows completely pointless? Obviously I'm okay with it if it's just like a TV movie (Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life, I think?) but a whole new series for most of these shows that are getting potential comebacks seem really pointless and just seem like pandering to people who grew up watching those shows. Although, I don't really have problems with a reboot if the show ended on a bad note (although that does depend on how the show is) or a cliffhanger or something of that nature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Am I the only one who finds a bunch of these reboots of 90's and 00's shows completely pointless? Obviously I'm okay with it if it's just like a TV movie (Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life, I think?) but a whole new series for most of these shows that are getting potential comebacks seem really pointless and just seem like pandering to people who grew up watching those shows. Although, I don't really have problems with a reboot if the show ended on a bad note (although that does depend on how the show is) or a cliffhanger or something of that nature.

Hey Arnold's and Samurai Jack's stories weren't finished being told, so their revivals make sense. Can't say the same for this or RML, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

Other than the fact that it had a bunch of plot threads that were never wrapped up, it did have a finish.

See, this is what I mean. Phantom Planet ties everything up in a nice little bow but leaves a lot open ended, so it's not like this is a world that can't be returned to ever. There definitely were some loose ends with Valerie and I think Skulker and the Fright Knight (?) that were just never resolved, but Butch has proven to be such a blah of a writer in the absence of Marmel that it's almost a given that none of that stuff will be referenced, so it's almost like a waste of time to even go back to Amity Park anyway.

• Like 1