• Advertisement

Hey Arnold Back AF

Jane

I'm glad Hey Helga ended with Helga/Arnold officially girlfriend and boyfriend.

Like Trophy said, very symbolic locket. Brainy always being behind Helga really paid off in restoring that.

Oh and Arnold found some really one-dimensional cliches that count as his reward for all the good he's brought into the series' world. 

I thought it was a really good special. I really liked all the call backs, the character development- especially with Helga and all her interactions with Arnold. It was also pretty dark what with the bad guy and all his mooks dying onscreen.  I was surprised when we discovered what happened to Arnold's parents and what was inside the Green Eyed People Village. Arnold and Helga becoming a couple was great too, it was definitely worth seeing this get made after all this time.

Yeah I enjoyed the hell out of this special.  I admittedly was too blinded by nostalgia to really notice any sort of problems with it.  I love every single callback to the series and even the modernized updates because all of them ring true from Rhonda being obsessed with her phone and I especially loved Big Bob still trying to push his beeper emporium in an age where beepers are not anyone’s best friend.

Those last ten minutes though.  I probably teared up more for that than I did during the end of Coco because I’ve been waiting in suspense for fifteen freaking years to see Arnold reunite with his parents.

Now about those revival rumors...I wouldn’t say no because I thought this special was that damn good.  I just hope they keep Craig Bartlett in the showrunner role because he definitely showed with this that he’s still got it.

But if this is the end, then this is the way it deserves to go out.  My favorite television moment of this year and nothing comes close to be honest.  That’s how much Hey Arnold means to me.

• Like 3