• Advertisement

Thoughts on season 9.2 so far?

WhoBibbles

I know we have a topic for season 9 discussion. I just wanted to discuss season 9.2 episodes only since we'd waited these episodes for so long before they came out and we've had 10 episodes that aired so far. Plus this is a new era since we got new crew after second movie and it looks a bit different than season 9.1.

I personally think season 9.2 have been pretty good so far. It isn't a materpiece or anything, it does suffer from forced dialogue and pacing at times but for the most part, the episodes have been pretty amusing, the animation is nice to look at, the facial expressions are priceless and the one-time characters are so amazing. If you want to hear more about my thoughts, click here.

http://spongebobdrwhofan.deviantart.com/art/How-Has-Been-Season-9-2-of-SpongeBob-so-far-572178085

Now I wanna hear your thoughts, how do you guys feel about season 9.2 so far?

• Like 1

It's kind of mixed so far. On one hand, you have great episodes like Patrick: The Game and Pull Up a Barrel, but on the other hand, you have underwhelming episodes like Sanctuary and What's Eating Patrick (which I didn't really like as much).

All the episodes I saw were pretty entertaining. There's not as much filler in these new episodes and they sometimes get some decent animation in. It's a lot better than what I've seen previously from the show in the past couple of years and I can tell that they're really trying to bring some life back into the product. They even got Sandy more involved in one of the episodes I saw and I liked "Patrick: The Game" a lot too.

Edited by Sailor Man

I'm pretty impressed. The characters act like their pre-movie selves and there isn't nearly as much gross out humor anymore. And I also love that the show has some expressive and fluid animation, and cartoony gags. And really fond of the subtle facial expressions in the episodes.

Not as good as Seasons 1-early 4, but pretty entertaining. Not every episode is exactly a hit, but they're at the least decent.

I think having Vince and Marc run the show was a great decision and I really like all of the fresh blood they're adding to the show like Caroline and Adam and bringing back some older artists (like Sherm) back too.

Season 9.2, or "Season 9b", as others refer to it as, is pretty entertaining. Sure, a few episodes suffer from poor pacing and forced dialogue, but it's good, for the most part. Way better than the previous two seasons in terms of quality. I haven't seen much gross-out close-ups or fart humor in this half of the season, and there are some really hilarious jokes ("MY PERSONALITY!!!!!!!" from "Pull Up a Barrel", as an example) and faces ("BOTH!!!!" from "Patrick! the Game", as an example), sure signs that the staff trying real hard, not TOO hard, to put some juice back into ol' SpongeBob, the naive cube, SquareBob, the Cubic Creeper. I also like all the people they're having on the show, with some folks from the show's early years (Kaz, Sherm Cohen), and some fresh new talent on board (Adam Paloan, Jack Pendarvis, Fred Osmond). All in all, good, but not great.

Edited by Elmyra Duff