• Advertisement

Rodger Bumpass Arrested for DUI

Cha

Guest hilaryfan80

The article says he confessed the crime to the police. At least he owned up to it! He shouldn't be in jail for too long.

Copying my serious thoughts from SBM since I'm lazy af

On a serious matter, I truly am concerned about Rodger's future of the show, but then again, I think about what might happen instead. Maybe instead of Nick firing him from the show or something, they'll only take away one of his Good Noodle stars, let him off with a warning, and send him to AA meetings or something. I wouldn't imagine Nick firing him over a DUI. If he committed a major crime such as murdering someone, arson, or indecent acts I probably shouldn't mention, I'd imagine he'd be fired, but this is only a DUI. If he killed someone while drunk driving, I think that would be a very fireable excuse, but nowhere in the article did it say anything about anyone killed in the accident, so they'd probably just let him off with a warning instead of firing him.

I should probably stop now because I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

"Fate is uncertain" could mean a variety things. It doesn't inherently mean he'll be fired.

Personally, I think everyone is overreacting to the situation and, in turn, are jumping to conclusions. I highly doubt Rodger is going to be fired for this; if anything, he may be asked to take a leave of absence. Until then, it would be nice if people could just... chill out. Please. :P 

On 1/20/2016 at 7:18 PM, WhoBob said:

Honestly I don't want him to get bailed for at least 1 or 2 month. If he did make such a bad crime, he has to pay his punishment. Later he should get bailed. Besides, we are getting new episodes slowly anyway, so it won't make too much difference or they just don't add Squidward into episodes for a while. 

maybe they might create a whole new story where squidward moves away for a while in the series after he looses his voice for a few episodes. 

4 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

The dude who played Mr. Moseby literally was convicted of manslaughter and still is in business

Rodger will be fine lmao

I think that was before he was an actor though, so it's kinda different for Rodger who's been a VA for years.

Either way, glad to hear he wasn't fired. It was a tiny crime anyways.

9 hours ago, The Struggle Within said:

He'll be fine. Maybe they could do an episode where Squidward's voice cracks or something.

Thats what i said, maybe they can do a whole plotline of episodes during the time he is in jail.

Meanwhile he posted this on his Facebook page:

"To all my dear friends. Perhaps you have heard by now. I was arrested on DUI 

charges recently. This is the lowest point in my entire life. No words can describe the remorse, grief and shame that I am going through. I don't know what Nickolodeon will do but I am prepared for this to be the end of my career. 

The way God does things is to give us the freedom to go down bad paths but if we don't change, he gives us over to the consequences of our actions. I firmly believe that is the case here. Please pray for me and the outcome of my situation. I need God more than ever. I am so ashamed. Thank you all for your kind words for me."

I found this to be incredibly touching and heartbreaking speech. I hope everything goes well for him.

Edited by WhoBob
  • Like 8