• Advertisement

70s' Top 40 One Direction Songs

70s

Ok so I'm doing this list because while I won't pretend One Direction are the best music group around, they're my favorite for some reason. They're cute and I'm shallow and like bubblegum pop. BUT I will say I think they're getting much better with every album, and you'll notice my list (mostly) fits with that, with most songs at the top being newer.

I'm a piece of trash so I love all of these songs but I'm only going to provide commentary on the top 25. Without further adieu, here is the first chunk of the list:

Top 40 One Direction Songs: 40 - 26

Spoiler

40. Summer Love

Spoiler

39. Rock Me

Spoiler

38. Up All Night

Spoiler

37. Does He Know?

Spoiler

36. They Don't Know About Us

Spoiler

35. Gotta Be You

Spoiler

34. Fool's Gold

Spoiler

33. Right Now

Spoiler

32. I Would

Spoiler

31. Act My Age

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

the top 20 should be every single tmh song or else this list will be completely inaccurate

you're gonna be disappointed as hell whoops

I'm not doing anything so let's do 15 more

(I have realized I have nothing critical to say about One Direction so all of this commentary is just gushing I'm not really sorry)

Top 40 One Direction Songs: 25 - 11

Spoiler

Time for an embarrassing story about me...

25. Don't Forget Where You Belong

I'm not proud of this, but the day it was announced Zayn was leaving I was really sad because it kind of felt like the end of an era. I was listening to all of their songs having a nostalgia-fest, and suddenly this song came on and... a few tears may have escaped from my eye. Niall wrote it for his bandmates and it's just really lovely ok leave me alone

Spoiler

24. You & I

Okay, first off. This video sucks. It's so dreary and ugly and ugh. BUT I really like this song, Harry especially sounds great (as usual tbh). My friend told me it borrows heavily from a Bryan Adam song, but, well... I don't care?

Spoiler

23. Diana

To be honest I'm not even sure why I love this song so much but it's SO FUN that's pretty much all I have to say whoops

Spoiler

22. Steal My Girl

When I first heard this song, I was pretty underwhelmed. But as I continued to listen, it grew on me a lot. And the video helped, I really love it! Niall is light, this is accurate. Louis as danger though, LOL bitch please.

also

tumblr_ndyi59cihd1rq7dpno1_500.gif

yes baes

Spoiler

21. Little Things

This is the cutest song you will ever hear, don't even deny it. Ed Sheeran and One Direction make a great team. All their voices are so smooth and wonderful please stab me in the throat I'm begging you

Spoiler

20. Best Song Ever

THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME. I don't even know what this song is supposed to be but it's amazing. A masterpiece. You could even say the best song ever, I suppose (ignore the fact it's not even in the top 10 whatever).

tumblr_mqd0jymzlQ1s3wz6zo1_500.gif

Spoiler

19. Night Changes

This is the last music video with Zayn, you guys :) I'm fine :) :)

Minority opinion but I like the direction they went with this video. Niall's segment especially is adorable.

tumblr_nfecurfVJX1rovfv5o1_500.gif

send help

Spoiler

18. One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)

Better than the original
Fight me

tumblr_miktggy9y81ri8uu5o1_500.gif

Spoiler

17. Spaces

This song opening with Niall yeyesysssssssss 

I really love almost every song on Four, I really think they're starting to change their sound and become less of... well, a boyband.

Spoiler

16. Through the Dark

I actually didn't like this song at all when I first heard it. I'm not sure why. After the first time I listened to it I kind of just never listened to it again? It bored me and was maybe one of my least favorite One Direction songs for whatever reason. Then a few months ago it randomly came on shuffle and JESUS I love it so much. Past me was so wrong.

Spoiler

This one had to happen, I'm sorry...

15. What Makes You Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E

First of all, LOOK AT THE FETUSES RUNNING AROUND IN THIS VIDEO. I prefer the overly tattooed versions we have now but I'd be lying if I said I don't miss these days. This is (obviously) the first One Direction song I heard, and while I pretended to hate it, I adored it. You guys, I'm pretty sure it's not a good song. I'm way more sure that I don't care at all. I cannot hear this song without dancing or singing along. Basically a perfect introduction to One Direction, it's no surprise this helped them become a phenomenon.

Spoiler

14. Stockholm Syndrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYyTw9RIa8

TIE ME DOWN HARRy

I have nothing else to say here my apologies

Spoiler

13. Live While We're Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbPED9bisSc

I was sick when the music video for this song came out, and I'm not even kidding, I think I might've watched it 50 times in a row that day. It's so infectious, it made me feel SO much better. A perfect summer song (so naturally it came out in September, A+).

tumblr_manscoKFu31rsqogjo1_500.gif

Spoiler

12. Fireproof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bXTbfnWPqk

I'M FEELING SOMETHING DEEP INSIDE

HOTTER THAN A JET STREAM BURNING UP

This song is perfect. It was one of the first songs from Four and it definitely helped me get excited. I also listened to it a lot after Zayn left, somehow it was the most therapeutic song?

Spoiler

WHY ISN'T THIS SONG ON YOUTUBE BESIDES THIS LIVE PERFORMANCE PLEASE TELL ME

11. Drag Me Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vgs7gIeMis

1D's first single without Zayn. If I do say so myself, they KILLED IT. Nobody can drag them down. :) A perfect way to enter a new era.

HARRY'S RUNS AT THE END MURDER ME

• Like 2

ok let's finish this why not

Spoiler

10. Story of My Life

This song is so good. NOW. You all know (I think?) that Glee is my favorite show. However, they are responsible for this atrocity: 

Make it stop my ears are burning why keep these two away from 1D songs please

Anyways

large.gif

:patrick_crying-308:

Spoiler

09. Clouds

This is a song that I don't sing along to. No, I YELL along to it. I have no idea why, it just brings out that side of me. :)

Also can we remember the time that Coca Cola cast Larry lookalikes for this ad

Because that's a thing that happened and I think it's very important

Spoiler

My friend HATES this song it is his least favorite 1D song but here we go

08. No Control

This used to be my favorite song from Four, not gonna lie. It's such an earworm... and I'm sorry but I love Louis. Live it's not NEARLY as good because lbr he's not a very good singer. But in the studio recording he sounds great and I'm proud! Let's just ignore the fact that it's obviously about morning wood. Or not, if you're into that.

Spoiler

07. One Thing

Just because I like the fact that they're kind of moving away from some of the boyband stuff doesn't mean I don't love those days. For example, this song is a masterpiece. I may listen to it every day. If you've heard this song and say you've never had it stuck in your head, you're a liar. Perfect earworm of a pop song. AND THEY'RE ALL SO LITTLE IN THE VIDEO I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT IN A WHILE AND THIS MADE ME EMOTIONAL

tumblr_inline_np44d6Dueh1scmhb6_500.gif

I'm finene

Spoiler

06. Ready to Run

This is another song I didn't love that much when I first heard it, but it's grown on me so much. Mostly because of Harry THIS TIME I'M READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuUUUUUN (if you didn't know this already Harry is my favorite singer in the band).

also they sang it on SNL and I wasn't expecting it because it's not a single and I almost had an emotional breakdown but I couldn't because I watch SNL with my family it was very traumatic they shouldn't do that to me I'm fragile

Spoiler

05. Moments

When I first got into One Direction, I didn't really like their slower songs. This is the one that changed my mind, and it still sticks with me. Everyone gets a stand-out moment on this song and they all sound beautiful.  :wub:

don't wannana be without yoouuuu

my judgment's clouded

like tonight's sky

TRY TO SCREAM OUT MY LUNGS IT MAKES THIS HAAAAARDER

AND THE TEARS STREAM DOWN MY FACE

ok it's about to be harry i'll stop sry

Spoiler

04. 18

I've already said I believe Ed Sheeran and One Direction make a good team. I hope he writes another song for their next album :) One of their best ballads.

Spoiler

03. Where Do Broken Hearts Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Necz5glI4I

I remember in an interview Niall said this is his favorite song from Four and who am I to disagree with the king

tumblr_nilhglokdI1s93iyqo1_500.gif

Spoiler

02. Kiss You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cdfRohhcg

tumblr_mgfpupwTEl1rtt2uno1_500.gif

This is One Direction's best music video, poking fun at boyband music videos while also completely giving into the cheesiness of them. This is the best of their super boyband-y songs. This is one of the best things I've ever heard. It came on while I was driving a few weeks ago and I was singing along so obnoxiously that it was making me drive recklessly. :) So I can officially say that this song is dangerously fun, if you will. also i'm a shit driver

large.gif

Aaaaaaand number 1...

Spoiler

01. Strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIK2wCoy5A

I'M SORRY IF I SAY I NEED YA

BUT I DON'T CARE I'M NOT SCARED OF LOOOOOOVE

CUZ WHEN I'M NOT WITH YOU I'M WEAKER

IS THAT SO WRONG

IS IT SO WRONG THAT YOU MAKE ME STRONG

I love every single second of this song, every lyric. I don't have anything to say about it that isn't incoherent gushing.

also i'm larry trash i'm sorry i'll go sit in the corner

That's the end of that, goodbye

dancing-in-concert.gif