• Advertisement

Friends Chat

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

As you all may have been aware, there's a new Friends Chat on SBC! :squilliam2:

It works very much like an instant messenger (or Facebook). You open the "Friends" list on the bottom right corner, select the person you want to talk to, and you chat away. The cool part: the conversation stays while you browse through SBC!

WOOHOO!

MYhDJPy.png

Offline messaging doesn't work, by the way, but we still have the classic PMs for that. ;)

Guest hilaryfan80

Mine says "You are currently not connected." 

why are new features always broken for me D:

You're not alone, it's the same for me here. It was working for me this morning too when we were testing it. :(

It's very buggy. I'm going to have to try to fix it when I go to work in the morning. I'll probably end up rewriting the code because whoever made the original coding didn't know what they were doing. Good thing I know what I'm doing. :squilliam2:

It's very buggy. I'm going to have to try to fix it when I go to work in the morning. I'll probably end up rewriting the code because whoever made the original coding didn't know what they were doing. Good thing I know what I'm doing. :squilliam2:

It was working and then right when I'm writing this post it disconnected again. xD

Guest hilaryfan80

Eh, ignore it until tomorrow morning. I'm going to rewrite it. :) Until then, I'm turning the Friends chat off.

Guest hilaryfan80

So much for testing it tonight.

Honestly it wouldn't last five minutes without crashing anyways.  :l