• Advertisement

Tom Brady Suspended for role in Deflated Football Scandal

Minty Car

If you haven't heard already, Tom Brady of the New England Patriots was suspended today by the NFL for his role in the "Deflategate" scandal. He'll be suspended for the first 4 games of the regular season in 2015, with the Patriots being docked their first round draft pick in 2016 and fifth round pick in 2017, and fined 1 million dollars.

Have any thoughts on this? Discuss below.

Who, uh, cares?

Okay so apparently a lot of people care. Can someone more NFL-minded tell me why this is a ridiculous punishment? Four games doesn't seem like anything, the draft picks don't seem important, and it's not like that fine is going to put them in any financial trouble. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Consider that Ray Rice was initially suspended for only two games for hitting his wife and this 4 game suspension for deflated footballs seems disproportionate by comparison. (I know that Rice's suspension is longer now, but still.)

The NFL is a league of ridiculous suspensions. Roger Goodell constantly does this shit where he over penalizes or under penalizes.

But this is the New England Patriots, who have a history of cheating in the Bill Belichick era. So Brady getting suspended four games is not surprising. Especially since a federal investigation (lol really) goes into report saying that Brady knew what was going on with the footballs.

Who, uh, cares?

Okay so apparently a lot of people care. Can someone more NFL-minded tell me why this is a ridiculous punishment? Four games doesn't seem like anything, the draft picks don't seem important, and it's not like that fine is going to put them in any financial trouble. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.