• Advertisement

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Fight of the Decade

Clappy

I know this site rarely talks about sports, but this is pretty big news out in the world of boxing.

Manny-Pacquiao-vs-Floyd-Mayweather.jpg\

The two huge marquee names in boxing right now have finally settled to an agreement to box.  This has been a match six years in the making with modern greats Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.  Floyd Mayweather is undefeated at 47-0.  There hasn't been a match this big for the sport of boxing in nearly 15-20 years.  I honestly can't wait and will definitely be catching this fight.  Manny Pacquiao is 38-5 with two/three of those losses coming with controversial decisions.  While the records are not what you would expect for an all time match up, Pacquiao has won multiple titles, is regarded to as the best boxer in the world multiple years and is a huge challenge to the legacy of the undefeated Floyd Mayweather.  Many think that Floyd has been dodging this fight because he knows he can be beaten by Pacquiao and his massive punches.  All I know is that Floyd is finally shutting his critics up and if he can beat Pacquiao, he will cement his legacy as one of the best of all time.

I can't help but feel that this match would've been a bigger deal back in like 2009 and that Mayweather just danced around the fight until Pacquiao showed signs of weakness, but fuck me if I ain't hyped. I know what my birthday gift is for this year. Manny will probs need a KO to win against Mayweather.