• Advertisement

Would You Want The Movie Writers On The Show?

Young Nug

I just got finished re-watching Kung Fu Panda 2 (that and SooW had the same writers), and it was hitting on some really great stuff. These guys also wrote for some of the best episodes of King of the Hill, and it just got me thinking about the prospect of having John Aibel and Glenn Berger on the writing staff, which I think could work really well. They have a style that's a little out-there and weird and zany, especially for this show, but I think that that'd be a welcome change for the show at this point. How do you think they'd do?

• Like 2

I wouldn't be entirely against it.  I mean Nickelodeon dosen't seem motivated to make successful animated programming that can carry the network for the next decade.  So why not bring the writers that made the second movie a success and allow them to try and do something new with SpongeBob that can make the series last another decade.  Granted, that doesn't mean I'll tune in for another decade, but if Nick wants to keep making SpongeBob and Paramount wants to keep making SpongeBob movies, more fresh ideas need to be utilized for the show to keep going.

On 2/19/2015 at 1:36 AM, Fred Rechid said:

I wouldn't mind if they wrote on the show. I completely loved Sponge Out of Water and it would be cool if we had more episodes in the show that were just as great as the movie was.

*1 year later*

Eh, rewatching it, Sponge Out of Water was not as good as I thought it was. Don't really think I want them to write on SpongeBob now.