• Advertisement

Donld Sterling

Doctor Sex

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/us/clippers-sterling-scandal/

I think its pretty unfair that they're banning him for life. I know its wrong to be racist (and especially own a basketball team) but weren't his comments said in private making it kind of a violation of privacy by exposing them to everyone. If the call was never recorded he could still be racist and own the team because he's not saying anything in public and thats ok in my opinion.

I think he shouldn't be banned for life, but still be banned. Being racist is never OK, but like Doc Sex said, the recorded calls are kind of invasion of privacy.

Definitely see from Sex's point of view and the general public. What Donald Sterling said was absolutely awful. His team is 86% African American and he has a lot of coaching and front office members who are of the same race. Plus this wasn't the only example of blatant racism in the saga of Donald Sterling. He has a long standing history of being racially insensitive. This was the straw that broke the camel's back in the eye of the public and while it may have been a breach of privacy, I'm kinda glad it leaked. Granted I don't know the guy personally and don't wish any physical harm onto him (the guy has prostate cancer, he has my sympathy there), the NBA or any sporting league for that matter has no room for racial intolerance.

• Like 1

Honestly, his racist comments aren't nearly as bad in my eyes as his history of housing discrimination, for which he was tried but never punished. I hope this controversy brings the issue of housing discrimination to light, because it affects black people more than most other forms of subtle racism today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk