Spin-Off Festival 9
The logo for the event, created by Patty Sponge.
|Start Date||May 24, 2019|
|End Date||June 17, 2019|
SpongeBob Whodunnit? |
SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune
Dunces & Dragons
|Skins||Spin-Off Festival 9|
Spin-Off Festival 9 was the 9th addition of the Spin-Off Festival, which began May 24, 2019 and ended June 17, 2019. It was announced on May 17, 2019 via an SBC Direct. SOF Tickets return again, and a new feature is introduced in the form of the Festival King/Queen Competition.
SOF Tickets & Prize Store
For the fifth year in a row, Spin-Off Festival Tickets (aka SOF Tickets for short) returned. The prize store returned again as a store section.
Several old prizes from previous years returned. Here is a list of what prizes were available (Bold indicates new):
- Glove Costume (500 Tickets)
- Glove Hat (250 Tickets)
- Glove Shirt (250 Tickets)
- Glove Pants (300 Tickets)
- Glove Dispenser and Tongue (100 Tickets)
- Ice Cream Hat (100 Tickets)
- Ice Cream 2019 (50 Tickets)
- Pixel Shades (150 Tickets)
- Squid Hat (70 Tickets)
- Winged Viking Helmet (600 Tickets)
- Blue Motorbike (800 Tickets)
- Beary (200 Tickets)
- Bow Kitty (200 Tickets)
- Topper Kitty (200 Tickets)
- Unicorn Plush (200 Tickets)
- Lovely Lion (200 Tickets)
- Winner Teddy (200 Tickets)
- Octopus Plush (200 Tickets)
- Pig Plush (200 Tickets)
- Clown Frown (200 Tickets)
- Chicken Plush (200 Tickets)
- Jelly Donut (65 Tickets)
- Balloon Flower Hat (85 Tickets)
- Horsey (200 Tickets)
- Cotton Candy 2018 (150 Tickets)
- Tiara (300 Tickets)
- Bunch of Balloons (150 Tickets)
- Squid Shirt (400 Tickets)
- Mystic Guardians Shirt (400 Tickets)
- It's Just Posts! (400 Tickets)
- This One's On The House (400 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Steel Hoodie (400 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Unicycle (250 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Turtle Plush (80 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Skodwarde Hoodie (500 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Jolly Good Rookie Donut (600 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Star Necklace (330 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Clown Wig (2018) (220 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Clown Costume (2018) (350 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Clown Shoes (80 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Red Racer (500 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Red Propeller Cap (200 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Glove Balloon (300 Tickets)
- Little Clown (350 SOF Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Fist O Pain Badge (1,000 Tickets)
- Secret Agent Snail Badge (1,000 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
- Community Deathmatch Badge (1,000 Tickets) (Loyal Customers)
Here were several methods to earn SOF Tickets this year:
- Post a new chapter of any spin-off and/or literature, and this gives you 30 SOF Tickets.
- Win events such as Jeopardy, Spin-Off & Literature Trivia, Wheel of Fortune, SpongeCraft, Dunces & Dragons, etc. Don't panic if you can't win them though, because: Whoever reaches the Top 5 spots of any event receives SOF Tickets, not just the first place person.
- Ask questions in SpongeBob Whodunnit?, which gives you 10 Tickets. Successfully guessing the culprit will also give you 500 SOF Tickets.
- Compete in mini-games in Glove Universe Rides.
- Win the Lottery during the event, which gives you 400 SOF Tickets.
- Have them as a currency in your Glove Universe Market store.
- Have your spin-off/lit come in the top 10 for the SpongeBoard lists during the event, which gives you 30 SOF Tickets.
A new feature where whichever spin-off/literature author had the most content in word count by the end of the festival would be crowned the Festival King/Queen. The Festival King ended up being Old Man Jenkins, who received the grand prizes of: Festival King badge, "Rose Gold" colored name, 10,000 doubloons and 1,000 reputation points.
Word Count Scoreboard
|1st||Old Man Jenkins||41,183|
SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune
Several games counted for the event. Like previous years, in addition to the normal prizes, the first place winner received 300 SOF Tickets. However, in addition to that, all members in the top five of each game received tickets. Second place gets 250, third gets 200, fourth gets 150 and fifth gets 100. The first game, "Spin-Off Scholar" on May 24th, 2019, was a general spin-offs/lits themed game won by dmandaman. The second game, "The Slug, the Cucumber, the Canadian and the Dog" on May 31st, 2019, was a general spin-offs/lits themed game won by Honest Slug. The third game, "WhoBob Cucks Hayden" on June 7th, 2019, was a Spin-Off Festival themed game won by magic the veemon. The fourth and last game, "Canada Wins" on June 14th, 2019, was a Tv.com Spin-Offs themed game won by SOF.
Only one game this month counted for the event, which was "Spin-Off Showdown 6" on May 25th, 2019. It was the last general spin-offs/literatures themed game, won by Steel Sponge.
Dunces & Dragons
Several D&D games counted during the event. In addition to the normal prizes, the first place winner received 350 SOF Tickets. However, in addition to that, all members in the top five of each game received tickets. Second place gets 300, third gets 250, fourth gets 200 and fifth gets 100. The first game, "Glove World Hustle" on May 26th, 2019, was the Season 4 premiere won by Wintermelon43. The second game, "Game of Gloves" on June 2nd, 2019, was won by Hayden. The third game, "The Great Glove Race" on June 9th, 2019, was won by magic the veemon. The fourth and last game, "The M-M-Murder" on June 16th, 2019, was won by Hayden.
Whodunnit returned again for Spin-Off Festival 9. The goal this time was to figure out figure out who burned everyone's story entries for a contest. The following characters were suspects: Larry, Mrs. Puff, Plankton, Patrick, Gary, Squidward, SpongeBob. On select days during the event, the characters came on and released their anecdote on what happened. The characters would also come on to answer user's questions as well in their topics. Users had to PM jjs who they think the culprit is. On June 17th, the culprit was revealed to be Patrick. The winners who correctly guessed (SOF, dmandaman, 4EverGreen, Hayden and NegiSpongie) received 1,000 doubloons each and 500 SOF Tickets.
Spin-Off/Lit Trivia Contest 2019
A six round trivia contest, and for the first time in SBC history, was different than any past trivia. This trivia used the brand new Quizzes feature (introduced for V13) to do the trivia rounds, so the gameplay worked slightly differently. The first round was on May 27th, 2019 and the last one was on June 5th, 2019. The overall winner was SRRS, who received 1,000 SOF Tickets and the new Spin-Off Scholar badge.
Date: May 27th, 2019
Theme: Spin-Offs (General)
Date: May 28th, 2019
Theme: Literatures (General)
Date: May 29th, 2019
Theme: Spin-Off & Literature Characters
Date: June 3rd, 2019
Theme: Spin-Off & Literature Locations
Date: June 4th, 2019
Theme: Spin-Off & Literature Writers
Winner: Steel Sponge
Date: June 5th, 2019
Theme: Spin-Off & Lit Awards
Cards Against Humanity
Date: June 2nd, 2019
Winner: magic the veemon
Date: June 9th, 2019
Date: June 16th, 2019
Date: June 8th, 2019
Game: Item Hunt
Date: June 15th, 2019
Game: Carnival Building Contest
A story contest where users could post brand new ideas for spin-offs or lits (cannot be an already existing work). The judges were OWM, Cha and LocalAquatic. The winning story was "Swell Time" by OMJ, who received 1,000 SOF Tickets and 1,000 Doubloons.
The Spin-Off Contest
A mini-GCA's where users nominate and vote on works posted during the event in three categories - Best Creation, Best New Creation, and Best Episode. The winners received 500 doubloons, 500 SOF tickets, and a GCA trophy.
Best Creation: Squidward Chat! by Halibut
Best New Creation: The Light of SBC by jjs
Best Episode: "Bad Times at the Scrapped Dimension" (Skodwarde) by OMJ
SBC Music Party
A music party was held June 14th, 2019. sbl won the night with 5 likes for "Machu Picchu" by The Strokes. He received 1,000 doubloons and 400 SOF Tickets.
During the event, there were exclusive mini-game topics in the Spin-Off Festival 9 forum, officially made by the staff. These are ways to earn more SOF Tickets. The Daily Spin, Spin-Off Shuffle, Balloon Pop, Ball Throw, Whack a Character and Spin-Off Striker from Spin-Off Festivals 6, 7 and 8 returned, while one new game was added
The Daily Spin
Users have to spin a wheel, which contains the slots: Nothing (x3), 25 SOF Tickets, 50 SOF Tickets, 75 SOF Tickets, 100 SOF Tickets, 125 SOF Tickets, 25 Doubloons, 50 Doubloons, 75 Doubloons, or Extra Spin. If you landed on nothing, you get nothing, but if you land on the others, you would get those prizes. You could only spin once a day. Like the previous few years, there are 12 slots on this wheel.
Users have to throw darts at spin-off/lit balloons, containing different SOF Ticket values or nothing inside them at all. Your dart can hit or miss depending on the generator's outcome. You can only play once a day.
Users have to pick a hat identified by the name of a spin-off/lit, and it will be shuffled around, having a prize under it, ranging from SOF Tickets, Doubloons to nothing. You can only play once a day.
Users have to toss a ball at a spin-off/lit bottle, and if it successfully hits, they will get either SOF Tickets, Doubloons, or nothing. You can only play once a day.
Whack a Character
Users have to whack one, two, or three different spin-off/literature characters, and if their hits don't miss, they will either get SOF Tickets, Doubloons, or nothing. You can only play once a day.
Users have to strike a mallet against a target, and their hit can reach five tiers potential tiers, giving them one of the following from lowest to highest: 5 SOF Tickets, 25 SOF Tickets, 50 SOF Tickets, 75 SOF Tickets, or 100 SOF Tickets. You can only play once a day.
Users have to challenge each other to a joust, and whoever wins the joust will receive 50 SOF Tickets. You can only play once a day.
- This was the first event in SBC history to use Quizzes for a trivia contest.
- This is the last Spin-Off Festival to have SpongeBob Jeopardy, SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune and Dunces & Dragons.